April 18, 2014 | 1268 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky-Finish Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Sarah7777777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour fades after a few minutes. Overpriced for a lipstick that doesn't last. Packaging looks cheap, the box it comes is lovely though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by keepinggoodgraces

The name 'silky finish' fits this lipstick range perfectly - it is comfortable to wear, and adds a little sophistication to any look. I have this lipstick in a gorgeous golden rose shade called 'bouquet dive'', which I hear has been discontinued. But honestly, the shade selection is so pretty that I'm sure I'll find a close alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

I have this product in "Candy Store" which is now sadly discontinued.

I absolutely love how smoothly this lipstick glides on, and I like the feel of it. The lasting power isn't great, but the Candy Store shade is awesome. I am still looking around for another similar one, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know !!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Newyearsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Silky Finish Lipstick in Jing-A-Ling, and I like the color! Wish it were a better fit for my skin color, but it's nice for I think medium to cooler undertoned people. I love how just a little goes a long way, and how the shimmer isn't too much. I think it's more than I wanted in a lipstick, but somehow it's nice in this! The saleslady at Macy's was great.

I do have to say that it hardly lasts a few minutes. It moves even when you say m's and it doesn't last through a drink or meal. But it's nice! I wouldn't rebuy because of that and because it's too cool for my skintone, but it's an ok deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never been a huge fan of lipsticks or lipglosses, but I thought I would give this lippy a go considering family and friends use benefit products. It glides onto your lips really well and is definably silky to the touch. What I like about this is that it's not terribly sticky when applied and the colour that I had (Jing-a-Ling) was not in your face like other lipsticks. However, I really hoped it had strong staying power but this product was terrible staying on my lips. Give it 15-20 minutes and it starts to come off at a fast rate. You'd have to keep applying for the colour to stay.

Overall good for people who like to keep applying lipstick and the colours are nice, but not ideal for the girls who like staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I was completely sold on this lipstick and the color. I am usually totally disappointed by benefit products, but I REALLY love this color. I love how easily you can apply this.....very creamy and heavenly to wear. But the reason for 3 stars? Absolutely NO staying power. This lipstick comes off in 5 minutes and I ended up going through an entire tube in one month. I don't think I have ever fully finished a lipstick before, let alone in 2 months. So for the color and creaminess, I give it a 5, but for staying power, I give it a 1. I will not repurchase because it's way too expensive to only last a few minutes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

Moisturizing, fragrance free, and silky smooth! Benefit's Silky Finish lipsticks are essentially a cross between a gloss and a lipstick. Those of you who don't like the feel of lipstick and want something a little bit more sheer then the regular lipstick formulation should give these a try! I have 3 shades, Do Tell, Skinny Dip and Born Ready. Do Tell is a pinky-mauve and compliments my NC44 skin very well, Skinny Dip a nude beige-pink and Born Ready a medium brownish shade with a hint of plum. One thing for sure is that some of the Silky Finish lipsticks have better staying power than others. Skinny Dip wears off my lips in less than a hour. Born Ready and Do Tell have a little better staying power. If you don't mind reapplying lipstick more frequently these lippies are for you. A better way to extend the wear of these is to apply a matching lipliner shade underneath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! This is thee best lip product I have ever bought. It goes on soooo silky and moisturised, and gives a beautiful natural reddish glow to my lips (I got the colour 'Rocket Pop'). It's so hydrating, my lips are very dry and this does a wonderful job of gliding on and staying. And the packaging is lovely! Well worth 13!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

Maybe it's just me but I've never had a good experience with Benefit (after buying Bad Gal blue mascara, That Girl face primer, Eye Bright pencil, and the Silky Finish lipstick). I bought this lipstick in Good-to-Go because it was the lipstick they used on Bella in Twilight. This lipstick is the shade of my lips only darker which I do like and it is very silky but it wears off super fast and leaves your lips DRY. I mean really dry. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually have a few shades from this line including Candy Store and MissBehavin. I love how these colors look and how they feel. Like half gloss (non sticky), half lipstick which is perfect since I am in my early 20s and intense color just looks silly on me. BUT...these things break me out soooo bad along my lips. The little tiny pimples that hurt so bad cause they are on your lip. It's the mineral oil in them. If you look on the packaging, it's the main ingrediant. They do FEEL moist, like they are a lip treatment....but as most of us already know, mineral oil is extremely pore-clogging, and gives the idea that it's moisturizing, but is actually super drying. Too bad cause I really love the colors and Benefit. If you don't have problems with mineral oil, go for it. They are not sticky whatsoever...they feel pretty greasy though.