October 20, 2014 | 1970 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this because I couldn't get to Walgreens to get my current HG - Garnier Clean + Daily Exfoliator. It's is adequate, but I think the plastic microbeads are a bit too harsh compared to the jojoba beads in the Garnier. I use the Olay Pro-X powered brush most mornings; the cleanser is less harsh on its own, obviously, but it's hard to get a really good exfoliation manually, regardless of product. I don't notice any effect from the caffeine; the cooling sensation is occasionally noticeable, but most mornings I feel nothing. I also don't care for the smell - I guess since the tube says "fruit extracts," I was expecting something fruity, not the generic chemical odor. Anyway, this will almost certainly be too drying come winter, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

No shine control what so ever. Hate that they put this in an upside down bottle.
Cleansed ok not that great

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MeltingPoint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser last year before the summer started. I have combination skin that's dry/normal in the winter and oily/normal in the summer, and I wanted something to control the oily parts of my face. I picked this cleanser up after LOVING the brightening version of this wash.

From first use, I absolutely hated it, but for nothing else but the smell. It literally smells like dish soap, and it almost feels like dish soap as well. It lathers a lot, which is fine, and I didn't have noticeable oil problems after using it (though my skin has gotten less oily as I get older, so my oil isn't that bad). But the constancy of it, the smell, and possibly even the feel, reminds me so much of dish soap I would cringe whenever I went to use it. I stopped possibly a week after my first use because I couldn't justify using it. It hardly did anything to my skin and I couldn't stand putting it on my face.

Fast forward to this summer. I was going on a two-week vacation to Florida (from Michigan) with my family, and knowing the hot and humid climate there I decided to drag this cleanser out from under my sink, since the bottle was still almost full. I wanted to try it out again (I didn't have the heart to throw away an entire bottle of mediocre cleanser that could be of use later), and I also wanted something that would help with the hot climate I was about to step in to.
I used this for the whole two weeks in the mornings before putting on my makeup and I still cannot stand the stuff.

All in all, it did not break me out and wasn't a horrible cleanser, it just didn't give me anything worth holding on to, especially with that terrible smell. I trashed it since, I won't be trying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do prefer the original Orange Tube of the Morning Burst line of scrubs. But that one over moisturizes so I would strongly recommend for dry skin. This one has alcohol in it which is why it's so drying at first. I'll update later if the alcohol content breaks me out. (I really should have read the ingredients first before purchasing). I'll use this up because it's a brand new bottle & it really does help control the oil on my face. I apply a heavy amount of the Morning Burst Gel moisturizer to combat how much this sucks my face dry & together it's a pretty good combo. After being afraid that the strong fragrance in these line of scrubs would break me out (I have mildly sensitive skin) and giving it a shot I've found that this is actually the only line of scrubs that does not exfoliate my skin all too harshly with daily use. I wouldn't repurchase this one just because the original Orange scrub is too yummy & makes my skin feel so fresh but this is good if you have oily skin and want mad oil control. I'm not sure why so many people have said that this particular scrub makes them so oily. If used with a moisturizer it should do a decent job.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by breakawayface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If anything, this made my acne worse. I used this for several weeks and liked it at first. My face felt super clean and the smell was refreshing. However, my moderate acne didn't clear up in the least and the skin on my nose got so dry it was flaking off in huge pieces. I think this is too harsh for most people and cannot recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by yeira08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this every morning until I noticed it was really drying out my face. My skin ended up having to produce too much oil to compensate which was worse than what I began with. I switched to using this every other day just so I could finish the bottle. No, I did not notice any shine control; it made it worse. Yes, it does smell like dish soap. No, I would not repurchase. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by HeyGorgeousBabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually use the Morning Burst Oil-Free Shine Control Facial Cleanser in the morning's as it leaves my face feeling clean and kind of tingly which always makes me feel more awake. However, after using this cleanser, I never saw an improvement or adjustment in the level of shine that was left on my skin. If anything, my nose area was even more shiny than before use of this cleanser. It smells OK, kind of like dish soap but I'm not too concerned... my skin is REALLY oily, even though my skin was clean, it felt tight. Overall, I think it's a pretty good product, something I would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by colleencormier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this scrub because it was on clearence at walmart... I can see why.... It feels good when youre scrubbing your face in the shower but its making me break out in certain spots on my face and leaves a tight feeling after coming out of the shower.... and i agree with most people on this review, it does smell like dish soap

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It REALLY cleanses your face, maybe too good. It does wake you up and make your skin feel clean, but it gives my skin that "tight" feeling and leaves it feeling dry and like it just sucked out all the oil. I have pretty oily skin and I would not use this every day, only once a week or whenever my skin feels super oily. If you have dry skin I would say stay away from it altogether.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by odeletabiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser didn't help my oily skin. When I used it it dried out my skin then a few minutes later my face would be really really oily. I would actually say it made my skin wanna produce more oil. also it is somewhat irritating. only good thing is that it smells good