April 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Bronzers - Everyday Minerals - Sunscreen Medium Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nena505

I think this is too red to be a bronzer, but it is my everyday go to blush. I would describe it as a very soft mauve and looks very natural on me. I use the golden medium foundation for reference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the large size so there was a sifter, but it's still a pain to use and would be better if it was in pressed form. The quality of the powder is great and the price is fantastic. Unfortunately, there is far too much red in this to make it a bronzer, and it actually looks pink in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a gift with my purchase and I never expected this product to work as well as it does. Since I am Hispanic -I use the medium olive foundation-, I would have never thought of using a bronzer, but this gives my skin that "je ne sais quoi". I keep getting compliments! It balances out nicely the yellow and green undertones of my skin without making me look artificial. And the puff makes application a breeze! Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

This is not a bronzer--it's a blush. The Medium "Bronzer" is actually very pink with a light peach undertone, and I agree with a previous reviewer who said it's very similar to All Smiles blush. A lot of people will not be able to apply this bronzer liberally over their face for sun protection: this product is too pink and blush-like. However, this product can work for people who have very strong pink undertones.

As sun protection, AVOID if you use the following EM foundations. The EM Medium Bronzer will be too pink for:
- any Beige shade, except for Light Tan
- any Olive shade, with perhaps the exception of Sandy Olive
- any Golden shade, except for Medium Deep
- Warm shades lighter than Sandy Medium

However, I gave this product a high rating because the texture is fabulous. It's more creamy, more blendable, and has a tiny bit more oil control than EM's blush formulations. Like All Smiles, the Medium Bronzer oxidizes on my combination skin and turns peach after 6 hours. Ironically, when it oxidizes it looks like a proper bronzer. In my opinion, if you have All Smiles, the Medium Bronzer is an unnecesary product. However, if you are interested in All Smiles blush, I would recommend getting the Medium Bronzer because the bronzer has a better texture. If you're looking for a bronzer, rather than purchase the Medium Bronzer, I recommend going up a shade or two in your foundation. Using a darker foundation in your shade family will look more natural, and also comes free in a sample kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite products, surprisingly enough. I honestly enjoy being very pale and usually wouldnt use a real bronzer, but I figured since it was sheer I could brush it on over my usual foundation when I get slightly tanner over summer. As the other reviewers have mentioned, its pretty pink, but I certainly wouldn't call it a straight up peach blush color. I think its actually fairly similar to the color of sandy bottom, just a peachier, matter version. I wear sandy beige, and I sometimes use just a light dusting of this instead of foundation. It really brightens and has a surprising amount of coverage. I finish off with a little pearl beige and maybe some mascara, and have my low makeup look. One lippie off though for being sort of misleading.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am on and off of EM's products. I purchased this bronzer when it was advertised as SPF30 but I was hesitated to use it after reading Paula Begoun's Mineral Makeup report. Later, EM removed SPF30 claim as it doesn't meet FDA's requirements for a sunscreen (read EM's FQ&A). Anyway, I have this bronzer about 3+ months now and used rarely as bronzer/finishing powder with bronzer brush. In the past weeks, I used EM's tinted silk dust as primer and really enjoy it. Today, I used this bronzer as foundation and applied with Posh foundation brush over silk dust (around 9am). It's almost 90F outside (breezy but not humid) and I was outside most of the time. I usually have oily face in a few hours but not today. My mother even gave me good comments (a good sign). My face started shiny after 5pm (fine, I was almost home). I didn't even touch up my face except replied lip color after lunch.

I have medium Asian skin without particular yellow or pink tone but more like beige (and can wear almost all medium colors). This bronzer has slight pinkish tone but my face looks great with it. I applied a little All Smile blush. I had 10% AHA oil free gel and Wet 'N Wild Fresh Face moisturizer with SPF15 underneath. Although I can't 100% rely on this bronzer as sunscreen, this is a good foundation alternative. It is more like EM's semi-matte formula plus it has 13g; 5g more than foundation with the same price. I'll also try their Golden tan soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by xingyeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this Sunscreen for couple of weeks now, I have to say I just love it so much.

I am NC 35, use EM foundation Medium Beige in Warm. When I first apply this Bronzer on, it kinds of look reddish on my face, so I decide to apply the foundation on top that to neutralize, magically, it gives my face a natural blush, and I definitely looks better than with foundation alone. So this is how I use every morning.

I think I would get the fair version to try with my next order.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by aizacity

The Sunscreen Medium Bronzer was recently launched and I'm glad to be one of the first to get my hands on these because they are just wonderful, as everything else in the EM line. I haven't even written a review for the foundations itself because I'm still test driving it (so far so good), but I just couldn't wait any longer to write a review for this one!

It looks like a scary, muddy red bronzer, but it goes on extremely light. So don't be fooled! My EM shade is Warm - Light (MAC NC30ish) and when I use this on top, it balances out my foundation and warms up my skin. I can use this alone, without a blush for those "natural" days.

EM claims this to have an SPF of 30, but they don't explain just how much of this you're supposed to use in order to get the said SPF. I wouldn't pack this on all over my face because then I'd look scary. I use a gentle layer on the features that stand out the most (forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin) and I don't think that is substantial enough to get the SPF 30...but don't take my word on it. I could be doing it right for all I know.

With all that said, I'm sad that I didn't order the full size. However, once all of this is gone I will get the larger size along with the Fair version that JUST came out. I love it! continued >>