October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Sensitive skin - moisturizing cream

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim. I was going to try the Erno Laszlo soap, read the reviews here, then spent $15 (incl. shipping) on the AHAVA Sea Mud soap instead trying to save some bucks. When I read the reviews for AHAVA, it scared me into not using it.

So at a loss, I picked up a 2 pack of the Dove Sensitive Skin bars. I can't stand the smell of the original Dove, which reminds me of my elderly aunt who's used it for years.

But it works! The blackheads on my nose and the redness on my chin that have plagued me for years is gone. I use DHC Cleansing Oil first, then use the Dove on the areas where I'm prone to blackheads and acne. It works better than the DHC soap I bought to go with the cleanser, and it cost 1/25 as much!

Even after spending $$$$ over the years on Cetaphil, Dr. Hauschka, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, DHC Pro Activ, prescriptions and whatever the hot cleanser of the moment was, I could not get rid of the t-zone clogged pores. And I was going to shell out $40 for Erno Laszlo before I tried this!

Count me sold. Even if it dries a little, it's better than oily skin and plugged pores.