October 25, 2014 | 1149 users online

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 2:36:00 AM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Amber Adventure e/s quad is a part of Maybelline's Spring 2007 color story, "City Safari."

But before I even talk about the colors in this quad, I suppose I should say something about how Maybelline has improved the quality of their e/s, because, prior to caving in to the colors in this set, I HATED Maybelline's shadows in general. They were chalky, unpigmented, and best left sitting on the d/s shelves.

Not too long ago, Maybelline reformulated their e/s, and all I can say is WOW! They now have various finishes (pearl, metallic, etc.), and - gasp! - COLOR. You'd think that maybe they could've taken some money away from their ad campaigns to devote to figuring out how to improve their products long ago ... but I digress ;) ... While I can't say much about their matte/satin shades (one single shade that I tried ended up being returned because it just lacked pigmentation), I can comment on the metallic shades, and they are fantastic for a d/s product! So make a note if checking these out: metallic/shimmery = pigmented; matte = not so much.

Also, one more important note: the ones you want to try are the quads that have WORDS imprinted on them (Lid, Crease, Brow, etc) -- I found that the Maybelline display had old ones mixed with new ones, so be aware of what you're picking up!

As for this LE quad, Amber Adventure contains the following shades:

* LID - highly metallic orangey gold, similar to MAC Amberlights
* CREASE - matte espresso brown
* BROW BONE - highly shimmery light creamy brown, maybe similar to MAC Shroom in color
* OUTER CORNER - highly metallic orangey copper shade

These metallic shades are just incredibly pigmented, especially when used wet as a liner -- they make my blue eyes pop! Definitely well worth taking a look at, especially if it's gotten me to write a review THIS long on a d/s product LOL!