Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Wheat

4.1

on 2/17/2015 12:37:00 AM

This was recommended to me as a contouring shade for cool toned fair complexions, and it does not have much warmth at all. I am more neutral in skin tone and it is great with slightly pink/neutral foundations, but warmer tones of contour seem to work better than this with more yellow based foundation. Still good and wearable, very expensive in Australia to purchase, average colour payoff

on 7/27/2013 6:54:00 PM

I use this on my eyebrows and not on my lids.

I have fair skin and my eyebrows are a very light colour so they look non existent. This works a treat for filling them in, just the right colour.

The packaging is a screw top and easy to use, you also get a huge amount! I have had this eyeshadow for so long that it is more than likely out of date so a little goes a long way.

I marked that I would buy again but at the rate this pot is going I can't see myself needing to buy another in the near future.

on 3/25/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is similiar to MAC Omega. Wheat is beigey-taupe and Omega is taupey-grey. On the eyes, wheat is a bit more natural and Omega adds a bit more depth. Both are beautiful for a natural no-make-up eye look or to balance a strong lipstick. BB e/s are smooth like butter. I'm lt-med Asian with yellow undertones. I wouldn't purchase again because the container is quite large and I have Omega.

on 4/23/2010 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wheat is my taupe but better -- it is not too dark nor is it too grey. I love this shade which is a beigy taupe... it works as an eyelid base color or as a transition shade for my darker defined contour.

I have this in the old round pot which I keep in my personal stash at home and in the palette form which is absolutely perfect for travel.

on 4/23/2010 5:13:00 PM

I was looking for a light ash beige/brown to use on my large upper lid area and this is perfect. I have tried at least 10 different things to find the perfect shade to sculpt my upper eye area. This is my perfect natural shadow shade. I have a lot of area from my crease to brow and with age this area seems to be getting a bit hooded. I wanted something that I could just slap on to make this area a bit darker and this is just perfect. Mostly I use either MAC Soft ocre PP or BB Cement cream shadow all over and then the Wheat from crease to brow with a bit of highlight right under the brow (MAC Soft and Gentle or Nylon or something like that) and some liner and I have the perfect natural looking eye. Polished and slightly sculpted. Love it!

on 5/19/2009 6:10:00 AM

This shade was in a palette I bought in duty free at the airport and whilst the other shades have been largely unused this one is almost gone!!!

I am very pale and this is a lovely grey smoky colour on me and I've even had compliments when wearing it!!! It has a nice long lasting texture too.

Will be purchasing again soon!

on 2/27/2009 2:35:00 PM

Wheat is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "medium ash beige," and I think that's pretty accurate. While not exactly grey, it isn't exactly warm, either. I think it's a nice, neutral base shade that blends quite well with many other shades. I like it.

on 2/21/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love BB e/s, but this color unfortunately didn't show up on my lids. As another reviewer mentioned, it kinda looked like a pale gray, but that was after applying a lot of it just to make it show up. This color would definitely work for a more fair complexion. I just needed something a tad darker and more pigmented, which I found with BB e/s in Tan.

on 2/19/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just like Bone, I found Wheat very chalky and sheer. IT didn't seem to last on my lids either which is something I never have a problem with since the UDPP typically makes shadows last. I am finding MAC's shadows to be better for me for a matte neutral look.

Also, the BB Shimmerwashes seem to be much better than the mattes as far as pigmentation and length of wear.

on 9/12/2008 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this as a summer shade from lash line to just above crease over a wash of LM Buttercream because I like a very nude eye shadow look in warm weather. I would wear this in cooler weather to balance a dark or bright lip look also. In cooler weather with a neutral lip, Wheat would be a bit dull. This is a very smooth shadow and it lasts all day for me.