Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15%, Zinc Oxide 10%. Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Iron Oxide 5/20/09

I truly don't understand some of the reviews for this product. I love, love, love it!
I looked at it for a while before I bought it the first time, as the price is high. But I'm glad I finally gave in. It works great, and lasts a long time.
I have re-purchased it perhaps 20 times, as I never want to be without it. It is ideal for applying sunscreen in the real-world, over a face of makeup. (I do also first use liquid sunscreen if I will be out in the sun that day, but I do this "just in case," not because I've ever found this to not be fully effective).
I do think the packaging could be improved, as I've had a few problems here and there, but this is in my purse every day.
I have no idea what people mean by it being orange..l simply don't have that problem at all. The only change it makes to my appearance is a positive one... To take down my shine a bit.
Honestly, this is probably my most re-purchase product ever. I recommend it very highly.

I have the SPF 45 product, but the product and packaging seem similar.

This product is okay. It does leave an orange-y hue on my skin that doesn't thrill me, but that said it is better than a sunburn or sun damage.

The packaging is pretty awful, as most other reviewers have said. Very messy and a lot gets wasted.

I would never put this tube in my bag, except maybe if it was in a plastic Ziploc bag, because the powder gets all over and I'd be worried it would come open and make a big mess.

I probably will buy this again because I live in a sunny climate and I am very fair, so sun protection is a must. If and when I find something better, I will make the switch.

I love the convenience of this product. If I'm on the go and need sunscreen I just whip this out and I'm ready to go.
My only gripe about this is the packaging. The powder gets everywhere! I mean everywhere! I think the way the packing is designed is very poor. They need to ensure the powder than end up all over inside your purse.

Perfect for my oily acne skin

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a possible alternative for those who are allergic to chemical sunscreen or am trying to avoid silicones, but if you can use liquid sunscreen then I suggest you avoid this product.

As someone who uses high UVA and PPD (30+) sunscreen products to stay fair, this Instant Mineral SPF 30 did not meet my needs. I went up two foundation shades while using this product! So not what I wanted.

Why 2 lippies then?
1) It's a convenient product: brush and powder all in one applicator!
2) it's free of silicones

CONS:
- cheap packaging
- the powder tends to fly everywhere when you take off the lid
- the brush itself is hard and hurts even when using the lightest touch

CONCLUSION: Would not buy again, wouldn't even take it home if it was free.

TIP: I kept the brush applicator and filled it with baking soda (powder) to use as a 'dry shampoo' on the run LOL

I'm reviewing Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 which I buy from Amazon. This stuff is great for adding sunscreen, but I especially like it for absorbing oil. I love, love, love the container. It's perfect to throw in your purse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love it. It doesnt change the color of my makeup, nothing. As i hate lotion sunscreen, this is great for me.

Has anyone noticed that this product is offered in two different sizes (.17 oz & .32 oz) at the same price ($30)? LovelySkin sells the .32 oz so I like to stock up there when they run a sale + buy through ebates. I like this for touch-ups over makeup, plus it adds a little color to my pale complexion. I always keep one in my ski jacket & reapply throughout the day on the mountain, keeps the raccoon eyes away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Well.... I'm really, really pale and cool in my skin...my skin is almost completely white....BUT, this stuff is ORANGE!!!!!! On my skin this is orange!! Some kind of brownish orange colour, that is DARKER than my skin....this looks horrible, I can't walk out like this.... :-(

It takes time to get the summertan, and i won't be able to use this until than because it's darker ....but than I won't be able to use it because it has a WARM tone!!! Warm! My skin is cool, cool.... Oooh, I'm soo disappointed...I had sooo high expectations on this....

Well, the colour is a disaster. But the "formula" is ok, even if its extremely finely milled so it flyes everywhere when you open the lid.... On the skin it is matte in the start, but becomes oily after a while, so it does not work like a powder just because it looks like one...

I have only used it for 3 days, and havent had it in strong sun yet...

I have to find out how to solve the colour-problem, otherways i'll have to use this only on my body (or give it away/sell it). I guess i won't repurchase until PTR makes a lighter shade for us really pale ones here in the north (Sweden)....

:-(

My everyday sunscreen (since I don't spend much time outside) used on top of SPF 15 moisturizer.It's fragrance-free, mattifying (very, very slightly), goes on without messing up my makeup.

When I apply it, I always feel like there's nothing coming out but if I brush the brush applicator against dark jeans, I can see that there is powder being dispensed, it's just extremely fine.

No whiteness, no change in the color of my face/makeup. No shine, no oil, no irritation, no acne.

Great for on-the-go touchups, everyday use, or those days when you end up being outside longer than you thought (let's face it, the sunscreen you applied at 7am is pretty much useless by mid-afternoon).

No issues with breakage of the tube/packaging after carrying it in my purse for 3 months. The brush is a bit scratchy, but it doesn't mess up my makeup so I can get over it. Still, having this in a compact might be better...

Top Rated Peter Thomas Roth Products