September 2, 2014 | 1347 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Vanilla Sky

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very soft yellow toned cream color with slight gold shimmer. The color does have a very small amount of white in the formula, which is barely noticeable, but it does brighten your eye once applied.
The texture is very smooth and blendable. This is not a very flashy color, its more neutral and perfect for everyday wear, specially during the summer months.
I like to wear this color as a wash across the lid with some black eyeliner, just for a simple look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by schwabj

This is a great yellow-toned bone color. I like to use it for three purposes: (1) As a subtle wash of color all over the lid (no primer necessary); (2) As an all over lid color. On top of a primer you can pack on the color to make it more intense. I use a brown shade in the crease; (3) As a highlight color on the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by MajorasMask

I absolutely love yellow toned eyeshadows lately, and this is no exception. I agree with a previous poster, this very much is the color of french vanilla. The formula is smooth, buttery and much better than a different yellow toned shimmer I purchased from nyx called "barely there". If you're trying to choose between the two, definitely go with this one. Better texture and color payoff. And as another poster noted, it's even more like a satin finish rather than a shimmer. It's beautiful. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Yeah - It's that good! I am writing this review for both Champagne and Vanilla Sky because I bought them at the same time and they both have what I call a "champagne base" (meaning they are both shimmery, sheer, soft, highlighting neutrals with just a hint of color to them).

Vanilla Sky is a golden champagne color, that can seem a touch white at times, but nothing offensive and blends very, very well into my NW20 skin (brown eyes, black/brown hair). It reminds me a bit of MAC Solar White, but Vanilla Sky seems to skew less white than Solar White could and is a softer gold than Solar White could reflect.

Champagne has a peach tone (peachy champange color) to it and I hear it is a dupe for MAC All That Glitters. Lovely, lovely, highlighting/wash colors from NYX. I am very happy with these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great highlight or pale wash color! NYX singles are hit or miss IMO and this is definitely a hit! Great pigmentation and goes on smooth even though it's weird and grainy in the pan. It's a pretty yellowish shimmer on my neutral pale asian skin. It's way less garish than a pure white and doesn't make me look like I have allergies like a champagne or pale pink. I will def buy more if I run out of this.
Edit: this can make you look like you have jaundice if u match it with a khaki eyeshadow like I did... oops.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by rillensora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

At first sight, a buttery shade of bone, with a subtle satin finish... once on, however, an intense gold glow comes to the fore. Pigmentation is good, the formula is smooth and goes on without pilling or streaking. A good highlighter (when applied subtly - the gold is much more intense than it appears at first) but also good for punching up any eyeshadows with a gold tone that you'd like to play up (I pair mine with NARS Strada). Not an essential in my kit, but still very pretty, I find it worth buying once.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is absolutely gorgeous. It's more golden than I thought it would be (ordered it online), but I love it nonetheless. It really is vanilla with a golden shimmer to it. The pigmentation and texture are GREAT aswell. It is really buttery and soft and it applies like a dream. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sunfish211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be a little more neutral but to my surprise it was kind of gold. The color reminds me of that cheap vanilla ice cream you buy at the grocery store but with yellow-gold shimmer. Don't get me wrong, this is very pretty! It has that same kind of texture like MAC's Vex & Nanogold which I love - just very shimmery & beautiful, not too frosty at all. I'm lovin' this!

(For reference, I'm an C3/NC25 with yellow undertones)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Vanilla Sky is vanilla with subtle hints of gold. It tends to pull yellow with the wrong color eyeshadow. It is a go-to highlighter that looks great as a wet liner under your lower lashes. It's very similar to my favorite highlighter by Mary Kay, "Moonstone". I may buy this again, if I run out...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by allsouldoubt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a highlight color. The color pay off is just right with a gold sheen to it. It isn't glittery or sparkly, which i appreciate very much. It helps blend out harsh lines very well. The quality is great, I've dropped it a thousand times & it has gone through the many trips I've taken and is still perfectly in tact. I highly recommend this product.