November 22, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Dune

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by guajira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice shimmer, would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Taupe Pearl: officially described as metallic. It sits between a metallic sheen and satin. The color in the swatch can produce some doubt. In real life it looks like an Antiqued Gold. Some will say that is a taupe color, while others may say it isn't. I am bringing this up because if you want to purchase a "taupe" color, you really need to face what is your definition of taupe. To me, taupe should be a marriage of gray and brown. This color is more of a brownish gold. The color is of great quality! But if you are wanting a "taupe color" that sits between gray and brown- this is not one of them. Again, this is my personal opinion. medium to full opacity
Dune: Officially described as a metallic, which it is. This color is actually a taupe!!!!!
A perfect marriage of soft brown and gray! Again, my personal opinion. Easy to use. Medium to full opacity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a dark taupe that leans very green on me. I love the color, great to deepen up the crease; however, it doesn't last as long as other NYX shadows I have. It starts to fade after about 5 hours of wear, even with primer & colored base.

Has quite a bit of powdery fall out, but a little tap-tap of the brush takes care of that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Color has been described so well by other reviewers. This is a very nice NYX shadow, it just doesn't look all that great on me. It's a bit too cool for me, I think, though it works fine when I'm going out at night. This lack of working with my coloring is the reason I wouldn't buy this particular shadow again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by vayalios

Amazing colour for brown eyes. Does look simple on the pan but on the eyes, it is just perfect. Quality of Nyx eyeshadows has surprised me. Comparable, if not better, to Mac or Dior. I always use Mac Paint pot in Ochre first, and they last all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this shade. It's grey to me and it works well during the day as a basic neutral, not too dark. I don't find this to be taupe ~ it's grey to me. I consider Taupe Pearl to be taupe. I will probably buy this shade again...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally I found a really neutral Taupe without being gray - it is a truely beautiful shade, hard to find a dupe for it - you can combine Dune to every other natural coulour. It is shurely one of my favourites. I uploaded two pic for you beauties - Dune, Taupe Pearl (warm Taupe), Luster and Hawaiian Coffee. Sometimes it is easier if you have already one of the shades to imagine how they look in reality if they are shown on a pic next to your desires shade. Btwy - I think those 4 shades are all awesome and worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because I ehard it was a dupe of Stila Diamond Lil/MAC Smoke & Diamonds. This is almost *too* pigmented. I have to put a neutral e/s on 1st otherwise this clings to the base too much & applies too dark. Great shade though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm giving this particular shadow a slightly higher rating than I have other NYX shadows solely for the shade. The pigment and texture are nice for the money but not something you need to rush out to get..unless you love MAC Smoke & Diamonds as much as I do:)How do I describe this color. Is it taupe..I guess you could classify it that way. It has some slight brown undertones though it's mostly grey(on the pewter side) with a sheen. Is it like Smoke & Diamonds. Swatched side by side I must say, they are very similar though S&D appears to have some mauvey undertones that I've never noticed before. Would I buy Dune again? Since it's as close as I can get to my beloved, discontinued S&D,yes I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NYX single eyeshadows are great quality for a drugstore brand, and Dune is one of their most interesting and beautiful colours. Many have compared it to MAC's Smoke and Diamonds, and while it is a similar shimmering taupe shade, I think Dune is slightly cooler and more silvery.
The texture is very smooth and buttery, applies wonderfully and lasts. A lovely neutral shade, and incredibly cheap to boot!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No