August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Chai

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There aren't enough words for how much I love this eyeshadow. The colour is unlike any other shadow I've ever seen, a rosey taupe that sounded not so great on the website. Thankfully, I checked MUA, and saw the wonderful reviews on it so I decided to take a leap of faith. And I'm so glad I did.

My undertones are neutral, but I think I could see this colour working well on both warm and cool skintones alike. Other reviewers on here said that the colour brought out their brown eyes; in my case, it brought out the green in my blue-green eyes. It's a beautiful, soft neutral that is more than a neutral. I like to use it as a wash over my entire eyelid...it compliments me in a very natural way, rather than popping itself. I just feel pretty whenever I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely shade for using in the inner corner and lid. Instantly brightens the eye and makes me look more awake. This stays all day on me..

A little messy to apply and I don't normally prefer loose shadows, but I love the fact that Alima uses natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It seems to be unanimous. This is a great, complex colour. All the Alima greatness, good prices, no chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My new favorite eyeshadow (and brand). Chai is gorgeous, and, in my opinion, would look good on just about anyone's skin. It's shimmery, but not glittery, and gives the perfect punch that makes your eyes stand out. I had been using MAC's Retrospeck, but Chai is both comparable and even better

The texture of Alima eyeshadow is incredibly smooth, so it goes on very easily, and all you need is a layer of primer underneath to keep it on all day. Love it. Will definitely try more of Alima's colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't say much that hasn't been said already...this shadow is just lovely!

The color is a champagne/peach/pink/taupe color that really gives a gorgeous hue to the eye. Honestly, if you are fair like me, this makes a perfect choice for a wash of color with just enough color payoff to be noticeable, but still sheer enough to look natural and polished.

Definitely a color I will not allow myself to be without! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another beautiful eyeshadow from Alima. This is the first Alima shadow I ever bought, and it was a good one to start with. Others have described it well so I will not bore you... this is one of those shadows you will reach for on special days, and on days when you can't decide what to wear. It's just that versatile. Just enough sheen/shimmer, no over the top sparkle. Perfection in a little plastic recyclable jar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bunch of Alima's eyeshadow samples, and they are much prettier than I thought they would be from the swatches. They color swatches online are very hard to tell whether you'd like them or not; so thank goodness for MUA. Anyway, I got all "luminous shimmer" eyeshadows and I'm thrilled. I like shimmer, I like sparkle, in general I don't care for overly matte eyeshadows, except maybe on the browbone; but I still prefer pearlescent or shimmered shadows there, to matte. I am really impressed with the texture of these and the lasting power. They are super silky and soft and blendable; no thick chunky pigments or big sparkly pieces; you can also apply them like regular shadow with a brush or foil them like other mineral shadows. Chai is a beautiful color that's maybe a bit similar to MAC's Goldenaire but a hint lighter; a rosy champagne-beige color with a hint of brown to it. I wore it as an all over wash, up to slightly below the brownbone, with Pyrite in the crease and Lancome Black Coffee kohl liner; it's amazing. I am definitely getting a full size of this one. The lasting power is surprisingly good but I am using Alima's concealer, then foundation primer, then foundation on my lids, and then applied first with a wet brush using my homemade MAC Fix+ on the brushes first and going over again to foil with more dry powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favorite neutral-but-not eyeshadows. It's a shimmery, rosey peachy taupe color, suitable for many skin tones. Definitely my favorite Alima eyeshadow, as it's way less dry/chalky than the others I've tried. Decent staying power as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:46:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite eye shadow color EVER. It's just the right pinky-beige-light brownish shade that makes my brown eyes pop. It instantly brightens my whole eye area. I was a bit afraid of the glitter, but once on it looks subtle and can be worked into a soft shimmer. Staying power is good. This is the smoothest mineral eye shadow I've ever worn. It goes on gently and makes your eye makeup look soft, yet polished. I wish I could give this 10 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought a sample size of this and I'm still experiementing with it, but so far I'm quite impressed.

Initially, I thought it would be too glitzy, but once applied - dry - to my lid, it looked great. The shimmer is not over the top.

In the pot, this looks like a rosy/peachy taupe. with gold glitter. On my MMM/light CCC complexion (Stila's oil-free in G or a mix of Alima's W4/W5,) it's more of a shimmery beige rosy peach.

I've used it as an allover-lid color as well as a lid highlighter. Both ways, it looks lovely and not too glitzy, even for daytime.

I'll repurchase as soon as I run out of my sample.