October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Amazing Face Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a few samples of this and I tried them over few days. I love their bottles eventhough pain to take product out.
The smell is nice. It cleans the skin fairy well but it is too drying for my combi oily skin even in the summer. I used it just in the evening.
Great cleanser but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by demo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

Not a fan of gel cleansers, but this one is nice as far as they go. It's not drying and it smells delicious. Removes makeup far better than Fabulous Face, but I still use another product beforehand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! It really works - lovely stuff!

A low-foaming, mandarin-infused gel cleanser for combination or oily skin.
Citrus-based botanicals thoroughly cleanse skin, expelling daily build-up of grime and oil while absorbing excess sebum.
One pump does the whole face - its not too drying but don't use around the eyes - (use a good oil based makeup remover for that bit)
I only use in the evenings otherwise its too drying - follow with a swipe with Bitter Orange Astringent Toner, then damascan rose oil.
My skin has taken on a luminous glow with no spots even around the dreaded time of the month! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Pookle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't normally write reviews, but I had to on this product. I am 37 with oily/combination, acne prone sensitive skin. I have just come off antibiotics for my skin after 7 months and had 3 huge red lumps on my chin, after using this cleanser for 3 days they have gone... it is seriously amazing!

I have always had horrible skin and just about given up all hope, but now it is soft and glowing, in 3 days!!! I used this with the
Aesop B &Tea Toner and I can't tell you how much of a difference it has made. The bottles are glass and I know people have complained about it because it's difficult to use in the shower, but just put some in your hand before you get in, you don't need to take the whole bottle! I would recommend this product to anyone, it's my life saver!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best facial cleanser I've ever tried! I haven't had a pimple ever since I used this! My oily skin is prone to breakouts, and some facial soaps that promises to keep the skin dry doesn't do it's job. This cleanser keeps my skin dry for the first few hours until my face starts oiling again (but with this cleanser, it only oils up a little! It's still tolerable). Match this up with your favorite moisturizer and you're good to go. My face is now nearly flawless. Awesome, stuff :)

UPDATE: i've been using this for a few months now and I've had pimples sometimes but they're small ones so it's fine. And only one pimple show up, never more than one on my face at a time. But I'm still going through puberty so pimples are excusable :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by binoculars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am loving this product!! Have been using it for about a month, and my skin is looking and feeling better and better each day. Just for a reference though, I have combination skin that is currently dehydrated in spots (due to winter), more on the oily side, and acne-prone (even more so because I am pregnant).
I was using a natural organic cream cleanser (like Eve Lom, but organic ingredients) but it just wasn't working for me, and this seems to be helping A LOT.
I still get that "tight" feeling after I've cleansed (which I hate) but so long as I use a toner/hydrating mist right away, followed by moisturiser/treatment the tightness goes away.

I find that a quarter to half pump is sufficient to cleanse the whole face and it definitely removes all make-up.

Only down side is the glass bottle - which is aesthetically nice to look at, but I worry about leaving it in the shower as I may drop it. I understand they use glass to preserve the product longer, so really, I don't mind, it just may bother some other people.

Overall, I would re-purchase, but I am currently sampling some of their Parsley Seed Cleanser as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ainacupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used up a 200ml bottle of this and I love it! It cleanses my face without drying and dissolves the leftover mascara not taken off by my makeup remover. My skin feels soft and fresh after using it and did not leave a film-like feeling I get from other cleansers after use. For reference, I have combination skin can be sensitive and prone to breakouts. This did not break me out and I don't remember having a pimple while using this except for the odd 1 during my period. I love the packaging as well and you can buy a pump for the 200ml bottle. Will definitely repurchase this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by wangmi76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Aesop products in that they only use natural products, also a little bit of cleanser goes a long way and gives a deep clean. I have combination skin and have had no problems with breakout or dryness from using the cleanser. Bought Amazing earlier this year (in Aus) and I asked for a pump (they will give you one if you ask for it).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jiny8309

I have acne-prone skin and it caused me to break out in little pimples around my chin and neck. I've never had those little pimples and it was getting horribly worse a week after using it.

It's really gentle on the skin and effectively removes my make-up and dirt and does not leave a residue. It's a great cleanser but did not work for me.