October 31, 2014 | 1412 users online

Fragrances - Lancaster - Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first acquired Covet, I tried it a few times, and back on my perfume shelf it went. It wasn't agreeing with me. I pulled it out again to revisit it out of curiosity to see what would happen on this try. Yes, there's Sicilian Lemon. Yes, there's chocolate. If there's such a delicacy as a chocolate lemon meringue pie that has a high quality furniture oil drizzled over it, then that's what I'm smelling. But that's not all. Just as I'm thinking this is a gourmand, suddenly, I'm in a flower tent, a huge display of award-winning florals, and as I pass all of the beautiful displays, I inhale deeply to appreciate the richness of the beauty of each flower. But remnants of the chocolate merinque pie are still with me, alternating equally. Not fighting somehow, because these are two separate, distinct notes. And somehow they balance nicely, although heavily. The vetiver is persistent in its dark woods, along with the muskiness of the cashmere wood, while the lavender leaves a faint trail. This is a quirky perfume.
    Covet, if sprayed sparingly, will not be overbearing to those around you. It also lasts for hours until washed off.
    I found a distinct similarity to my Jean Nate vintage perfume. Revisiting Covet, I knew the scent was familiar to me. I sprayed my vintage Nate on one arm and Covet on the the other and spent the day comparing them. Almost identical, except the Nate perfume gave out sooner.
    I was also reminded of Michel Germain's Tattoo. I'd say it's the simplistic lime and caramel in Tattoo that brought me back to Covet, but that's where the similarity ended.
    Why the bottle top is made of cheesy plastic when the commercial was made to look so classy is beyond me. Otherwise, a chunky little bottle to hold, easy to spray.
    A heavier perfume than one would expect, with notes that circle deeply. Beautiful to wear in the cooler weather, at night, for special occasions.
    Top Notes: Lavendar, Pelargonium Leaf, Dark Chocolate, Sicilian Lemon.
    Middle Notes: Honeysuckle, Magnolia, Lily-Of-The-Valley.
    Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Cashmere Wood, Vetiver, Teak Wood.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is unusual for me, and unusual in general. My DH likes this a lot and sees the dry down as powdery. I do not get vanilla or the chocolate, but this amounts to green insence on me. In a good way. Not smoky or wet or herbal....Very dry and clean with a smudge of darkness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

This is one of the oddest fragrances I've ever smelled. It starts out VERY green, almost astingent green -- perhaps the mint and lavender combined? This struck me as a play on words in scent - Covet = envious = green with envy = GREEN green opening.

In about five minutes, the green morphed into an incense-y green, the same notes and progression I've smelled in Yves Rocher's Bambou. They're smellalikes at this stage - not quite identical (YR leafier, Covet more bitter, more lavendar). If Covet had stayed on this path, it would be perfectly nice - maybe not a winter frag so much as a summer/spring one, but quite nice. Then the incense deepened. It started getting smoky. I was surprised, but pleased.

Five minutes later, I caught a light, sweet powder scent. It took a few minutes to track it down, but I realized at that point it was the Covet! How on earth did it get from astingent green to sweet, even vanillic powder? I've met that vanillic powder note before - it's in the base of Biaghiotti's Tempore Donna (and is my favorite thing about TD). It's stronger in Covet, and really, truly lovely. But there is not the slightest hint of this beautiful powder in the opening or mid-section. And there's not the slightest hint of the green/incense opening in the powder finish!

A shame this was discontinued. I quite like the bottle, too - pretty, a little odd, fun. Why do the dull, generic fruity florals not only remain but pick up multiple bland fruity floral variation flankers, while the truly unique and beautiful things like Covet get DC'd?

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lostie77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this on sale at priceline (australia) for $29 for 100ml and of course jumped on here to read reviews even though most reviews weren't positive i still went out to have a smell. when i got there the SA said it reminded her of superglue but luckly i went against her advice and sprayed it on myself. I was greated with a intial citrus smell and then became softer and could definately smell chocolate afterwards. The sales assistant was even surprised and we both agreed it was just my body chemistry that agreed with. I have worn it to a few occassions and have been complimented on it so it isn't in my head haha. My finally verdict would be to give it a chance and spray it on yourself because everyones chemistry is different :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I have been wanting to add this fragrance to my collection, especially since I found out from my Macy's Sales Rep. that it has been discontinued! I did some looking online but did not want to chance some one else's used item, so I went on a hunt for it. I found one bottle in Ross's for less than I thought it would be! I grabbed it up quick and I am very happy to have it.
    The bottle is so dang unique and cute with that smoky topaz colored flower for a lid, combined with the dark peridot colored liquid inside, just adorable and classy.
    Now for the fragrance itself. I would not have gotten it if I did not find it a very pleasing addition to my fragrance wardrobe. It has a very citrus opening with the Sicilian lemon standing strong & very refreshing. I do not smell the lavender which is ok with me. I do find the honeysuckle, magnolia, & the lily of the valley shines through kind of in the middle of this scent. The chocolate comes across more of a lush fragrant vanilla to me rather than a chocolate, but it is very pleasing. I think the woods are a good combo for a lasting scent, along with the amber. It is described as follows,
    Covet is a floral green with notes of spicy green mint, geranium, Sicilian lemon, lavender, chocolate, honeysuckle, magnolia, lily of the valley, cashmere wood, musk, vetiver, teak wood and amber.
    I don't really notice every one of these ingredients but I do know that I love this perfume and wish it was not discontinued. There are still bottles to be had however. Some of them are over-priced for the very reason it is discontinued. I will buy another bottle if I can find one that is reasonable before they are gone for good.
    Some say this is a summer scent but I personally think it is an anytime scent. It just depends on the mood you want. Get this for yourself if you love citrus scents. I find it is more of a citrus than a floral on my body, and this is always a wonderful switch from all the heavy on the florals.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Aliide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got it on eBay, slightly used, 50 ml EDP, a bargain too. Color is pleasant woody yellowy green and the bottle looks very sophisticated if one will just forget about the (plastic floral shaped) cap. To my nose it resembles more a masculine scent, it's very fresh at first: fresh, a bit bitter and murky. In time it changes into something very warm and natural on my skin, I cannot smell it myself, it blends with my body's natural scent and seems to become a part of me. So far I really really like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't smell the chocolate in this at all. The ONLY thing I can think of when I smell this perfume is how much it reminds me of the head lice spray everybody used to use when I was little. That must be because of the jasmine in it. I didn't purchase this, even at 16 $ CDN for 50 ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by danblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ver pretty bottle. Smells alluring and mysterious...the hint of musk lavender and chocolate is in toxicating. Purchased a 100ml bottle for 14.99 in May of this year, not disappointed and neither is my husband. My mom bought some too and although it smells different on her it still smells delish! Me likey!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kdm1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not an HG.....but.....I really like this fragrance. There is not anything out there that I am aware of that smells like this.
    I smell the lavender and chocolate in this as well as the floral.
    The bottle top can be a little difficult. Good for a early fall evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by PinkNation

I found this really cheap at Marshall's and had to get it. On me it starts out lemony and grassy but quickly faded to a nice chocolate and lavender scent. It's very different, and I can see where it'd be a love or hate with people. Definatly try before you buy. However, i'm sold on it at the moment. Bought the small bottle ($10 for 1.0 oz) in case I change my mind.