November 27, 2014 | 1039 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Laventine - Olive Forte Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ssg2haun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, this product did take off the makeup... But it felt very slippery and greasy, because it is mostly olive oil, so I would rather apply olive oil to remove my makeup rather than pay extra for less amount in this container. I washed my face again after using this product due to the grease although I am aware that olive oil does not clog pores and is highly moisturizing for the skin, it just does not feel comfortable for me to leave it. Why go through all this trouble when you can just use a one-step cleanser? Just my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by elliotx

Didn't love this. Yes, it does remove all makeup and sunscreen, and it does it without leaving any residue behind, but it didn't really "clean" my skin. After 2 weeks of using this my face looked unhealthy, and I think that's because it wasn't sufficiently cleansing away dead skin cells. I can't be sure--I'm no expert or dermatologist. All I can do is look in the mirror and trust what I see. This works so well for so many, and I love the idea of using a natural oil cleanser, but unfortunately this wasn't for me. I didn't finish the bottle and returned to my trusted Decleor Aroma Cleansing Milk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an AMAZING cleanser. Yes, you're putting oil on your face, and yes, it smells like the olive oil you would pour in a salad, but the results are fantastic.
I use one pump, massage for a few minutes and rinse off with warm water. Not only does it take off all the makeup, but it leaves the skin incredibly smooth and clean: no residue. I have combo/oily skin with occasional breakouts and since I started using this my pores are gone, I dont shine anymore and NO BREAKOUT!
Worth the price....(30$ in Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by bijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a big fan of the oily-combo version of Laventines oil cleansing line, but found that over time it was drying out my skin, possibly due to the essential oils. After fooling around with various natural soaps (which continued to dry my skin out), I finally switched to the Olive-forte cleanser, and I'm very glad I did. It doesn't dry my skin , but still does a good job cleansing - I have pretty oily skin, and feel no need to follow up with any sort of soap or cleanser afterward. It also has a great olive scent (very fruity), but doesn't have the heavy feel of olive oil on the skin. I can also get away with one pump to clean my whole face (but I don't wear foundation). Overall, a terrific product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by akikown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use DHC deep cleansing oil, but I increasingly disliked its thick texture and strong cooking oil smell, so I tried Laventine olive forte and I'm loving it. Except for its heavy-duty power to remove makeup, Laventine cleansing oil is lighter in everyway compared to DHC - in color, scent, texture, even ingredient secelction. Laventine has about 5 ingredients, all natural, while DHC had a dozen ingredients including some unfamiliar chemicals. All in all, both DHC and Laventine are great makeup removers and well worth trying, it's a amatter of personal preference which one is your favorite. For now, I prefer Laventine.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by paintednightsky

It does what it says it does, but in the expensive range, I still think DHC is better. I do like the easy pump dispenser, but I think their facial care products are ok, nothing spectacular. It does what it says, but I'm not going to purchase from them again. The oil moisturizer serum I think breaks me out so I stopped using it. Although this is cheaper then DHC, might as well spend a little more and get the real deal. DHC seems to be more moisturizing, cleans off makeup better, and doesn't break me out. The quality overall is worth it if you want to spend money in that range.

Quite honestly, I found an oil cleanser I like so much better on Etsy and it is sooo much cheaper and has good quality ingredients. I've tried Jojoba oil just by itself and have had good results with that and it is sooo cheap, but the kind I am using from Etsy is so much better than plain Jojoba oil by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by SunnyNora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! I have very sensitive skin and react to fragrance badly. This cleansing oil is so gentle it actually makes my skin feel better after washing. It removes mascaras without making my eyes red or irritated. Unlike other fragrance free cleansers which tend to smell unpleasant or chemical, the natural olive oil actually smells quite fresh and nice. It's a real treat for sensitive skin and I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by alnexi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product removes makeup (including eye makeup) very well but it leaves my dry sensitive skin really tight and irritated. I wish they made a more moisturizing version without aromatic essential oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by saraelements

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first cleansing oil I tried and it was after reading the great reviews about it here. It is the best for my super oily skin! Does not break me out at all and it lasts for a long time. However, Laventine does no longer ship to Europe so I can't get my hands on it anymore...sigh. Now I am on the hunt for another cleansing oil but I doubt I will find one as good as this...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gentle facial cleanser which really gets in there and removes all the makeup, sunscreen and moisturizer at the end of the day. It doesn't overdry, and you can adjust the level of moisture left behind by this product depending on the water temp. you rinse with (hotter water removes all the oils while colder water leaves some behind) so you can cater to your skin's "mood' each day with one product. My only beef is that I don't think this stuff removes mascara as well as I would like unless I use a whole pump just for my eyes--and my mascara isn't even waterproof. It is a little pricey to use a whole pump each night just for my eyes. But it does remove my Sofina sunscreen and makeup! And my face feels so nice once I rinse it off! Will definitely repurchase.
Update: Wow!!! Usually I rub this stuff in for about 30 seconds and then rinse, but last night, I decided to massage this on for about 5 minutes. Holy crap, what a difference! After about 3 minutes, I felt this stuff warm and then melt into my skin--which I cad never felt when I didn't rub it in as long. It got EVERYTHING out of my pores (and felt fabulous at the same time). At the end, there was a white film on my skin which I am assuming was my sunblock that had been drawn out. It was wonderful! I can't wait to go home and repeat this tonight. So for all you ladies who use an oil cleanser (or want to try one) take a couple of extra minutes to really rub this in and it will be so worth it! Super HG!!!!!

UPDATE 3/30/09** I stopped using this. My face was a mess. I don't know that this was the culprit because I was using several products, but I have since switched to Cerave and will likely not use this again. It's too bad because it felt very nice going on, but plain old Cerave will have to do. continued >>