October 1, 2014 | 1252 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Nutri-Gloss shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Lukascore

I got this because I remembered using it when I was younger and it smells gorgeous! However, that would be the only reason I'd buy it again as it didn't really do anything for my hair but different things work for different people so I guess you should just try it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Asf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

my hair is kinda frizzy,dry and damaged so i tried this shampoo for like two weeks but i don't see any changes in my hair but i wanna see for more weeks if it works i think i can give it 5 stars

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslocks77

This stuff is AWFUL! I can't believe all the positive reviews! I have super long, soft, easy to manage hair. I stayed over at someone's place and used their shampoo the next morning. They had the L'Oreal Elvive Re-nutrition Royal Jelly shampoo and I loved it so much I thought I couldn't go wrong with L'Oreal shampoo, afterall I use their skincare products religiously, so why not, right? Totally wrong! I looked through all the different L'Oreal shampoos when I was in the store trying to find what would best suit me. Because my hair is so long and straight I'm always on the lookout for something to make it shine. I thought this would be great, but was so disappointed. It dried the hell out of my hair! It made it super tangled and frizzy. It's just awful. It was fairly expensive where I bought it (overseas) so I tried to pawn it off on my husband who has thick, curly (yet also quite soft) hair, and he had the exact same problem and refused to use it. When his sister came over to visit she wanted to use it, and we both rushed to her and told her not to touch it because it would destroy her hair. I have no idea what happened to the bottle. Either my husband tossed it, or he left it at his parents' place as an "emergency bottle" in case they ever run out of shampoo and need something as a last resort. We both hate to throw anything out, but this was an exception. I'm wanting to try the royal jelly conditioner now, but I'm worried I imagined the shampoo was so good when I used it that I'm now hesitating to buy any L'Oreal hair products... Clearly you can't count on good reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

This is my holy grail shampoo, i have long fine hair so after about a day it gets greasy at the roots, when i use this shampoo my hair feels freshly clean for 2 days, it doesnt really make your hair shine, just really reflective and shimmery...but there are no sparkles in it. It does clean hair very well, it smells nice, lathers really well too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this after reading a review on here that said it was good for greasy roots/dry ends hair, and because the price was so good I thought I'd give it a shot! My hair over the last few months has been really greasy and oily at the roots, and I can only put it down to my hair being healthier now that I don't bleach it every 6 weeks. I was still using sham/con for dry damaged hair, but that's only a problem for my ends now. This shampoo and conditioner combo seems to balance it out - it takes away the greasiness to the point where I can again wait 3 days to shampoo my hair, but leaves my ends feeling soft. I have also found mixing in a teaspoon of epsom salts when I shampoo helps keep the greasiness away longer too. I noticed the difference when I ran out recently and had to use a different shampoo/conditioner before I could get some more - my hair was back to being an oil slick the very next day! Will definitely keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. It is *surprisingly* good for natural afro hair (4c) due to its gentle creamy consistency and thickness.

I got this as a cast off from my little sister (typical!), and I had just finished with my Dove Intense repair shampoo. I wasn't expecting much success, and it really outshone its negative stereotype.

The scent is pleasant, the consistency is thick enough to be nourishing. The foam is not too harsh that my hair is stripped. I am not so sure if any gloss is visible on my hair as I am currently wearing protective styles, but spring is coming, so with my hair out we'll see.

Pleasantly surprised!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have coarse, thick volume and long hair. I use loreal smooth intense shampoo and nutri gloss conditioner, which bring a significant differences to my hair. It makes my hair silky and soft which I have never had before. It's not greasy at all and it lasts really long.

I am not sure it alone brings such effect, as I use salon dryer to blow dry my hair, which is a significant tool in smoothening hair. To me it is a good way to flatten the top part of my hair by wrapping with towel immediately after wash until it s not dripping at all instead of blow drying. This gets rid of my flyaways.

But the down side is that it causes much dandruff...perhaps because of my sensitive scalp. It is really difficult to find haircare which soothes scalp and adds smoothness. As long as it is not itchy, I could tolerate it as it really brings brilliant effect at such price!

Edit: Smooth flyaways pretty well for first use, but then......I've got alternatives better than this

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by pixiecup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this shampoo to be brilliant for my greasy roots/dry ends hair. It makes my hair smoother, shinier and helps it stay cleaner looking for longer. The scent is delicious too and doesn't linger. The matching conditioner is awesome. It actually soaks into my hair and leaves it far softer than Redken All Soft. For an inexpensive, good quality shampoo, you can't go wrong with this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I love the Elvive Nutri-Gloss Light Shampoo. I have long hair and because only wash my hair every other day I was looking for a shampoo that would make my hair make feel and look fresher for longer.

This shampoo makes my hair feel light, soft and smooth.
Since I've been using this shampoo I'm not able to find any other shampoo that makes my hair feel so light weight.

I recommend this to anyone with long hair that gets greasy easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For a supermarket brand shampoo, I loved it. It made my hair so soft, healthy & easy to manage.Love the easy to use bottle. Will definitely repurchase.