September 19, 2014 | 1907 users online

Gels/Soaps - Avon - Naturals Shower Gel in Vanilla

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product SUCKS. Literally, because I can actually feel it sucking the moisture out of my skin. How does something this horrible actually get manufactured and sold?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon Naturals Vanilla Shower Gel is a vanilla scented, creamy shower gel. It retails for $6 for 5 fl oz or $1 for a 2 fl oz travel size. Avon Naturals Vanilla scent is also available in Antibacterial Hand Soap and Gel, Body Lotion, Body Spray, and more.
Packaging on the travel size is very practical. A small round bottle with flip top cap. I believe its been redesigned recently. I'm not a fan of the normal size Natural's shower gel bottles, which are practical in their own right. Their bottles are hook shaped, meant to be hung over your shower head for easy storage. The reason I don't like them is about two uses worth of soap gets stuck in the hook part, and is virtually impossible to get out, no matter how you lay the bottle.
Naturals Vanilla is on the thicker side for a shower gel. It boarders on creamy actually. It feels silky on the skin and lathers much better than the more gel-like soaps by Naturals. I need about a half dime sized amount to wash my whole body, so a little goes a fairly long way. After rinsing my skin feels silky and a little moisturized. But this shower gel also leaves a bit of a residue or film. It could be I'm not rinsing thoroughly enough.
I'm not a fan of the scent of this shower gel, or the scent or taste of vanilla in general, but this is one of my least favorite shower gel scents ever. Its just so...lackluster. Its not a sexy burnt vanilla smell, nor a warm, sweet, baked good vanilla smell, or even a cool creamy vanilla. Its just vanilla. Plain, barely there vanilla. The kind you barely notice and forget you have anything scented on. It also has absolutely not lasting power. Or is just so bland, I can't notice it.
This shower gel is, overall, just plain vanilla in both senses of the word. Vanilla is a good name for it. Its a predictable, safe choice compared to some of Avon Natural's scents. I only recommend this if you're looking for something without a heavy scent, or if you aren't feeling frisky enough for a scent more bold, like Pomegranate & Mango. I recommend Blackberry & Vanilla as a happy medium between Vanilla and a bolder scent.
I won't be repurchasing this soap after I finish it, if I ever finish it. Its been hiding under my sink for quite a while, being its forgettable self.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by maria411

I pretty much love anything with a vanilla scent, so this was something I had to have! It lathers up nicely, and leaves my skin smooth, with that lovely vanilla scent. They're such a great deal, I might just try them all:-D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

I forgot how amazing this is until I used it this morning - first time in literally years. I noticed that some reviews here criticize the formula, but compared to any of the newer Naturals scents, this is the gold standard - much better quality and not as watery as Strawberry+Guava, for example (not even worth reviewing IMO). The price is definitely a "1" because Avon always has sales and there is no reason to ever spend more than $2.99 for this (frequently available for $1.99 or even $.99). It *is* only five ounces. One of the best from Naturals, and I hope they never change it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really nice scent, lathers well, leaves no residue, I will buy more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by nursenow28

I love this product, and all of the other scents. I only have to apply a small amount to a loofa for my whole body. It smells so amazing and the smell does linger on the skin. Overall, a lovely smelling, inexpensive body shower gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by NikkiR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this shower gel because I am a fan of vanilla scents and was looking for a good vanilla shower gel. I'm glad I tried it because this is a fantastic vanilla scent. It's warm and foody without being too sweet. It is perfectly scented, although like many shower gels the scent doesn't seem to linger on the skin.

The shower gel itself is just a standard shower gel formula without any added moisturizing benefits. I prefer something creamier and moisturizing in the winter, but this is a great shower gel for the summer.

I also love the packaging for this product. It makes it handy to use in the shower.

Overall this product is an excellent value especially if you catch this on sale. Avon currently has it on sale for $2 which is an absolute steal for such a fantastically scented product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I said that I would buy this product again, but I'm really on the fence about it. I *love* the smell. It's a delicious vanilla scent that doesn't smell too artificial despite the low price, and it lingers on my hands and body for a long time afterwards.

As a body wash however this kind of sucks. It's not at all moisturizing, and I think you need to use a lot of product to work up a lather. I'd totally recommend this to vanilla lovers, but don't buy it if you want something rich and creamy. I'll probably try the body lotion next and I'll definitely use up the rest of my shower gel, but I wish Avon would change the formulation of this to something that feels a little less cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by rosie32282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the hooked package on all the Avon shower gels and this scent is my favorite of the regular scents. It is a simple, foody vanilla without any floral notes. It reminds me of vanilla extract and is very creamy and gentle. I got it on sale for 99 cents and would definately buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by panda36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the shower gels in both vanilla and gardenia scent. First appearance: I like the shape of the bottle, that you can hang them around the shower head, and the bottom cap makes squeezing out the last drops easier. Scentwise vanilla is nice, still not like real vanilla but pretty good as far as bath/body products go. Gardenia smell nothing like gardenia.
The quality of the shower gel is just ok, on par with the average drugstore shower gels. It leaves the skin a tad dry. And there is not much natural about this product either (see ingredient label). Anyhow, I got this as a gift, but I won't be buying it. It's dirt cheap, but there are far better shower gels out there.