September 23, 2014 | 2098 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Cleanse and Mend

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Balihughes

I really liked what the product did for my hair! It made it soft and kept it clean into the second day plus it smells so wonderful!! I had a sleepover with my friend and she used this and also loved it. The only downside is Aussie products are tested on animals and for this reason I will not repurchase. So if its not a big deal to you I would recommend this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by xxsteff07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was an absolute LIFE SAVER for me. I was put on a med that completely changed my hair texture for the first six months. There was no way I could get off the med and I didn't want to, it worked perfectly. BUT my scalp was very dry. The crown of my hair had some dry and oily patches. I had never experienced this before. I tried every shampoo I had at home, Suave, Matrix, L'Oréal Vive Pro, Tressemé and they all left me with horrible hair (though these are usually good shampoos don't get me wrong). This shampoo totally did the trick and now I'm back to my original texture, the side-effect worn off after a while. If you notice a change of texture in your hair for some reason, try this !!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great shampoo. I tend to use volumizing shampoos but I like to keep this in rotation, especially when I let my hair air dry. My roots are oily but my ends get dry so this seemed like a good match for my hair. And it is! It smells similar to most Aussie products. I buy the big bottle with the pump, which I like. You get a lot of product for your money. True to the name, it does an excellent job of cleansing while also nourishing my hair. I often don't need conditioner when I use this and yet it's one of the few shampoos that gets rid of my oily hair. I shower in the mornings and usually by the next shower time my hair is an oil slick but I was actually able to skip washing my hair the next day after using this because there was hardly any oily at all. That's a definite first for my hair. Keeps my hair nice and healthy, this will always be in my shower. Also makes a great makeup brush cleaner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product. When I first used this I definitely noticed a difference, it left my fine hair soft and smooth and smelling lovely, and it doesn't weigh it down. I don't notice it making my hair any oilier, probably because I already have oil issues with my fine hair anyways and still have to shampoo daily no matter what product I use. Used by itself or in conjunction with the Cleanse and Mend Conditioner, it really has made a difference, it cleans and moisturizes my constantly colour treated/heat styled hair nicely, and doesn't dry it out or anything. I will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This totally deserves all the high ratings. I was having the exact problems this shampoo reports to solve...greasy roots and dry ends. While this shampoo hasn't magically transformed my hair or anything, it has greatly decreased my greasy roots and dry ends. At first I thought it was making my hair a bit limp, but that effect seems to have gone away. I can definitely tell this shampoo doesn't build up much because I can go a day without shampooing and not feel like an oil spill happened on my scalp. All in all, good stuff for fine hair. Worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by amaragold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have greasy hair. I have to wash my hair every day, and after about half a day, it's looking kinda oily. I read good reviews on here about this shampoo, so I thought I'd try it. I used it for a few days and thought it was ok at first, but now, I washed my hair with it, blow dried my hair, and it immediately looked greasy! I've never had that happen before. My theory is that the dimethicone has built up and coated it, making my hair look greasy.

I used to use Suave Clarifying until they changed the formula and made it smell icky and not clean as well. Then I was using Tresemme Vitamin C/Deep Cleansing but I think they changed the formula there too. Then I tried Suave Rosemary & Mint, and that worked ok but not great. Still looking for a good shampoo that keeps my hair grease-free all day. I think I might try Herbal Essences Drama Clean next, or maybe go back to the Tresemme.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jameyskye

Horrible for your hair, smells good though.

I guess i'd recommend this for people that don't have dyed/bleached/damaged hair.But not for an everyday regimen

overall the reason i wont repurchase is because it is not cruelty free

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by hikaruminmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've gone through so many of these in the big pump bottles. what i love the most about it is the scent - light, fruity, and pleasant. it makes my hair softer than any other shampoo i've tried. i haven't used higher end shampoos/conditioners so i guess ignorance is bliss for me. other people complain about how flat it makes their hair, but i have coarse, poofy hair so i like that effect. it is runny though, but in my opinion it doesn't affect the lathering power at all. in fact i think it lathers up even more and faster than other shampoos like dove, pantene, and garnier fructis. i also use it to wash my natural bristle makeup brushes. works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by secretstrangers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have been using it for about 2 years now, and it's fantastic. I used to have extremely greasy hair, and no matter how many times I washed it, at the end of the day it looked like I didn't shower. But once I began using this my hair hasn't been oily at all. I can go one night without washing it and it still doesn't look greasy at all. Ever since I began using this I've gotten so many compliments from people about how soft and pretty my hair looks and feels. I will definitely continue to use this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by MN48225

I have incredibly oily hair. It also doesn't help that I have this weird wave. At the end of the day, my hair looks stringy and gross. This actually cleans my hair very well. I can skip a day without washing it. You definitely need to use a conditioner every so often so it doesn't try out your ends. I think that this happens with any shampoo. There is no way that you can remove oil from the roots without drying out the ends. // I'd definitely recommend.