April 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Eye Shadow - Becca - Eye Tint in Baroque

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes an unbelievable primer! Way better than Nars, UD, or TF. As an eye tint, Baroque is a very subtle taupe with a wonderfully modern skin like texture and soft matte finish. Very low key and a perfect for a my lids but better look. Super easy to apply and blend out. However, it really shines IMO as a primer. Ultra thin and totally budge proof it grabs es color like a dream and does not crease. I've had no problems with separation as long as I remember to shake the tube. I don't mind that Baroque is a touch runny because that allows me to get a really light application. Fantastic product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Baroque eye tint is described as a mushroom taupe, but IMO, it's more of a suede light brown...at least on my complexion...it didn't pull taupe. It's a neutral color, but still managed to pull my green eyes out. The texture is great...not too runny or thick, and a little goes a long way. Having read other reviews, I shook the tube well before opening it, and I had no problems. These remind me alot of the tube eye colors Calvin Klein put out about 2000. You can use these as a base if you like, but I tend to just use a tiny bit on a finger and do a very casual eye....lid up to just past the crease and fade out....with a little under my lashline on the bottom. It's a simple casual, classic eye that will take you anywhere. This was my first Becca purchase, but I can see more in my future. It is a little pricy, but I don't mind if the product does what it says.
EDIT: Upgraded to 5 lippies. This stuff is great as either a shadow or primer. It does not budge either alone or with powder shadow blended over it. After working with it, I will say the color reminds me of MAC's Soba, although maybe not so warm, and slightly more metallic I didn't compare side by side, but dispite it's warmth, it makes green/hazel eyes POP, The line has a limited number of colors, but I'll be getting at least one more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

Ok, lets start with why I took off 1 lippie. This separates in the tube and a watery substance oozes out. So, I have to remember to shake it, then knead it, and roll it between my palms to mix it up.

Onto the good stuff. I'm amazed that this is the best eyeshadow primer that I've ever used. The color is faint enough, when applied in a thin layer, that it doesn't change the color of my e/s. This is my go to color e/s for no make up, make up looks. Just a hint of color to even out my lids. Can be built up with a 2nd layer for more color.

All in all, a very nice product. Yes, I would buy this again and will buy other colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jtrnphd

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful taupey matte color that does not crease! My lids but better. As mentioned, must shake tube so that seperation doesn't occur. Applies easily with finger or with brush. Can layer for more color. This is an excellent work shade. So glad I found it and hope to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the same tube daily for almost a year now and already have repurchased a replacement. You only need the tiniest amount of this product- I have large eyes and half a grain of rice size will do both eyes for me. If I am having a lazy day I swipe this product over my lids with some eyeliner and that's my makeup done. On most days, though, I use this as a shadow base because the staying power is fabulous. It won't crease or come off, and I have super oily lids. It applies sheerly, like a tint as the name suggests. Furthermore, if you apply eyeshadow over it, your eyeshadow will stay in place all day. I have purchased several other colours in this product but I always go to baroque because it is the most natural. On my medium skin, the colour shows as mlbb, which is what I want most of the time. It is a bit on the warm side though, so if I am wearing cooler or lighter eyeshadow shades I will use a transparent eye primer instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

This is a beautiful, almost-undetectable colour. It is a little darker than my natural eye lid/socket line colour. It is a matte finish with no shimmer. It dries flat with no oiliness, so it can act as a base/primer for powder shadows.
I really love the colour and the feel of the product but it is quite expensive (something like $42 Australian dollars). However, you don't need to use a lot each time, so I can see the tube lasting quite a while.
Would I buy it again? Probably not because by the time I finish with this there will be other products that I would be interested in buying. I think it is a quality product though, so I would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jancam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Baroque is a nice mushroom/light brown shade that seems to be universally flattering for most complexions. It goes on smoothly, has just a tiny hint of shine and DOES NOT CREASE! I think I'm in love. Now I want to get some of the other shades. Two drawbacks: it's on the pricey side (I think I paid $20) and the first few squeezes were VERY liquidy. I learned to shake the product really well the first few times I used it and now it seems to have blended back together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This creamy liquid dries to a beautiful, matte pale taupe on my lids. It's extremely subtle; slightly warm though in different lights the color shifts slightly; my blue-gray eyes pop once this stuff is on. I agree with other reviewers: this product is also a phenomenal e/s base; I've tried with 4 or 5 shades of shadow and all have stayed on my eyes all day, once even through a steamy bath, which has never happened before. The soft taupe adds a depth to the other shadows. And it's very lightweight, non-tacky and non-drying. The little plastic tube might not be ideal; but it's light enough to carry around with me in a tiny ziplock. I've also used this with a SK bent e/l brush to tightline and to line my lower lashes; again the result is subtle but very lovely, natural and extremely long-lasting. I prefer a very natural, un-fussy look; if you want more drama this may not be your thing. Currently I'm loving this under a light wash of BB's Pewter Chrome, a complex taupe-gold-silver; the 2 shadows together form a sweet pale dusty mauve-taupe which really forefronts my eyes and makes me totally happy. I'm curious to try more of these eye tints now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Brilliant to wear on its own and brilliant as base for applying eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by yenners123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as an eye base, and it has changed my life. I used to always struggle to keep my eyeshadow on because I have 'greasy' eyelids that seem to swallow eyeshadow up and no matter how carefully I apply my shadow or how much I layer it on, I used to end up with a line of collected eye shadow in the crease of my eyelid and no make up left on my eye.

With the Becca eyetint, i now have perfectly made up eyes that last all day.

On the downside I do agree that this product has poor packaging. It's like the plastic used is substandard as the entire tip of the tube broke off and the product spilled everywhere. Thankfully becca were quite good about it and replaced the product.