October 25, 2014 | 1000 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Carleys Rose Hip Eye Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a generous sample of this rosehip cream that is supposed to plump up skin, especially around the eyes. Since my skin isnít especially wrinkly at 24 and because of generally terrible clogging experiences with cream type moisturizers I did not apply this all over my face, so I cannot say anything about the plumping effect. On the other hand I did notice the abundance of naturally moisturizing ingredients and I figured I could try to use this in my eye area to take care of dark circles, lines in the making and possibly as a nice lash moisturizer. It is almost ridiculous how much we fret and whine over the importance of hydrating our skin and hair, but easily forget our lashes (they probably fare the worst being coated in harsh mascara daily and having to endure hard rubbing in the evening). I have previously dipped into both Shu Uemura Lash Repair (which functioned very well as a mascara base and gave my lashes general strenght), MISSHA Base Mascara (which is a super mascara base, but I doubt itís conditioning properties) and Talika Lipocils (my favorite lash conditioner which provided both lenght and increased my lash population Ė unfortunately it is very expensive). As I understand Lipocils contain various plant extracts in lipid carries to enhance penetration. I am unsure if I deduce correctly, but I thought that perhaps this cream propped with plenty of natural ingredients could be a Lipocils substitute. After using this sample on my lashes and eye area twice daily for a month I have to conclude that I do not see any difference whatsoever. Doing my own little Paula Begoun take on this product I have to say that the plumping effect some people experience from this moisturizer is probably just temporary. To take care of lines and dark circles I would rather opt for enough sleep, good sun protection and a retinol based product to enhance skin elasticity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i'm 24 and starting to see very fine lines around my eyes due to the ridiculous dryness of my skin. i have enjoyed using an intense vitamin c treatment, but that hasn't done much to keep those pesky lines away so i decided to try new things. after bad results with a few others, i found this online (while i was on their website reordering the exotic moisturizer). first of all...this stuff is crazy cheap! i've never seen such a giant container of an eye cream, so the $35 investment will last a LONG time. it smells really nice. most importantly, i did a little "test" where i put it on one eye and waited before putting it on the other one. the first eye's lines were seriously reduced by the cream (my lines are SUPER fine though). so i applied it to the second eye. about ten minutes later, the lines were all but erased. and that's after only a few days of use (and the "test" was within a 15 minute period). i've also used it on my entire face...it softened everything. even though i have reallllly sensitive skin, i didn't get the breakout or rash that their website warns could be possible for some people. i'll update later, once i've been using it longer, with the longer-term effects. definitely worth a try!!!