October 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Azuree Soleil Skinscent Atomizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful summer fragrance. Very exotic and sexy also but beachy smelling at the same time. Not cheap smelling and although this does have coconut in it, it smells more sophisticated than just a coconut smell. More expensive smelling too. Coconut is a gourmand smell but this one is a floral coconut. Very nice job by Tom Ford. And yes, the bottle is beautiful as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried this spray I smelled nothing but a bit of citrus and tons of gardenia and loads of coconut. I dont like coconut. I found that it smelled really good but after a few minutes the coconut was too strong. I tried washing it off and the smell got stronger and couldnt figure out why until I remembered when reading a few other reviews that the water sort of enhanced the strength of the scent. I have tried time and time again to try to love this as it is so expensive to buy now on ebay but having asthma it is not for me. too bad so much coconut had to be incorporated into the scent otherwise more citrus would have been better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why, o why there isn't a grade higher than just 5 for decorative presentation and design of this bottle???
For this is the most perfect design of a bottle combining sleeknes, simplicity, amazing combo of my favourite pale turquise with golden letters colour on the box and on the bottle.... beautifuly captured essence of 70ties...
(B.Goddess is equaly gorgeous for that matter:DDD)

now, this is supposed to be an ancestor to modern Bronze Goddess, with some slight changes in composition and moderate longievity,mimicking a suntan lotion loaded with amazing gardenia/coconut combo....
but guess what- they are NOT the same...no way...!
Azuree Soleil, the last perfume Tom Ford made before he left the house of E.Lauder (not to be mistaken with E.L. Azuree, which is totaly different type of scent) is much softer,much creamier and as a matter of fact-longer lasting than BG, with much more spicyness and balmyness of miro, vetyver and gardenia.
it has amazing sparkliness to it, much more prominent gardenia, some orange(ok, mandarin) and less coconut.BG is more on the sunlotion side, with a bit more of fruity/flowery parts..
both are amazing scents and sadly the longievity of both frags (or skinscents to be exact) is rather on the poor side...they last only couple of hrs. on me (Azuree S-about 4)...
still AS is a sophisticated, haute couture-St.Tropez ''loads of money and sunbaked skin of a beautiful rich girl on a veeeery expensive yacht''-kind of scent that it almost makes you cry for wanting to be that girl....
extraodinary unique,sometimes a bit rough on the edges (vetyver,miro), but remains carefree, exotic,summer scent that if it only existed in a edp form, I would literally throw all of my fumes away and make this my signature scent in the next 3 lifes.....

10+/10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this stunning perfume when it was 1st released in 2007 and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately by the time I was ready to buy it it was sold out. I was very happy to find it in a major cosmetics internet store recently.

It smells like a holiday! When I look at the blue glass bottle and inhale the scent I imagine blue water glistening in the sun, coconut tanning lotion and delicate flowers that grow in gardens nearby. I love how it is summery yet sophisticated. Gardenia, jasmine and coconut mix well in this composition. Not your typical candy-candy-teen fragrance! I think its a summer/holiday scent for grown ups.
Will be bringing bottle with me on my next holiday!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by rinnins

EDP - eau de pickle. It smells like pickles in the bottle, and for the first 20 min or so on my skin. After enduring the dill, I get this beautiful beachy breezy salt air slightly powdery floral. I was expecting something sweeter and coconutty, but sadly I barely detect any coconut. To me, this is a sophisticated beach scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

I liked this at first, but the gardenia kills it. Too heavy, not enough softness. It would be great without the harsh notes. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by azuree1975

This is my holy grail scent.

It smells like the most beautiful memories of every tropical paradise I've ever visited. No other scent is so evocative.

It is not overly sweet, the coconut note is not synthetic smelling at all (a minor miracle in perfumery), and the ozonic notes aren't just alcohol and chemical notes that pervade "fresh" men's scents.

There's been mention here of the fragrance's "pickle note," and I sort of get that, but it may have something to do with reaction to individual skin chemistries. I have a feeling that more acidic skins will enhance the acid notes of the fragrance giving over that vinegary smell that people associate with pickles.

The bottle is also the holy grail of packaging for me. Every time I look at the pale blue and gold bottle, I'm transported to 1950s Riviera or some other super luxurious, stylish place of that era. It's Sophia Loren or Grace Kelly on a yacht somewhere. Normally, I don't get overly excited about packaging, but this is just really special.

As many people have noted, the fragrance really doesn't last long enough. But I have to overlook this minor flaw because of the scent's perfection and the bottle's beauty. It also gives me an excuse to spray more on and look at the bottle again.

Of course, it's a limited edition, and I have no idea what I'll do when I finally run out of my final bottle. Bronze Goddess may be a dupe, and it's not a bad one, but it is inferior. It just doesn't have that light, ozonic quality that whispers, "salty air."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I never thought an Estee Lauder frag could be that good (oh well I like Youth Dew and YD Amber Nude and respect but do not wear a few others).
The notes - as given by the producer - are very few &simple, but please read what I personally smell when I apply this (=a complete dfferent set of notes!).
A whiff of rum... then a real Pina Colada, that is coconut milk, pineapple juice, white rum.
Then come the flowers....tiar้ like it was raining, gardenia, orange blossom. Cream, milk. Suntan lotion. Sea salt note.
I can almost smell the waves of the sea!! :o)
In the drydown I can clarly smell the myrrh and a hint of vetiver. The sandalwood comes later (allow half an hour). it becomes cozier and close to skin. Lovely.
The perfect summer beach scent.
Mind you - it is creamy and not so refreshing as you could expect (no citrus blast), and I wish the stying power would be greater, but it sets instantaneously your mood to a "vacation state of mind" and I am sure we all need this.
An absolutely must try.

____________________
Notes as per Osmoz:
top notes Orange Blossom
heart note Gardenia, Coconut
base note Vetiver, Sandalwood, Myrrh

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenavira

Where to begin with Estee Lauder's Tom Ford Collection Azuree, a seasonal offering of makeup and fragrance, that was inspired to some degree from Estee Lauder's own Azuree collection. Well, I'm not going to start there, many have already done it and have written wonderful posts about the history that inspired Azuree Soleil, the fragrance of Tom Ford's collection. Rather I will say that Azuree Soleil inspires in many an image of the perfect coconut tropical scent in the most tasteful of ways, but my thoughts differ on its gourmand imagery, it is not a perfect glass of coconut water, but something all together more savory; Thai green curry. It should be noted I cannot wear most fragrances that go into near savoriness due to the fact that near savoriness is most often supported by cumin note and I am one of those people that when a cumin note is applied to the skin it is all bad. But then again Thai green curry is not the average curry it is made up of beautiful aromatics: kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass, ginger, basil, coconut cream, chili. These are scents that do not necessarily scream savory. When I first applied Azuree Soleil I was hit by a rush of spicy zest and woodiness, that reminded me a great deal of Origin's Ginger Essence (I suspect this opening is due to the citrus,woods, and vetiver mixing) and it also reminded me of some dish I had eaten. It took me a few days to realize that reminded me of Thai green curry. This image does not last through out the scent but at the very beginning, the scent goes through stage at one point a creamy gardenia coconut scent, then becoming a creamy floral caramel scent, but then the woods arrive again blending with the gardenia to make a wonderfully tropical yet earthy scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by didiss

EDIT:Oh this is heaven to me. I love love love it. I have bought every bottle within 50 mi radius. I am sold for life.

I believe that people here have described this fragrance very well. I have purchased both Azuree and Bronze Goddes. I am in love with this scent. It does not last very long on your skin, but I always spray my perfume behind my ears in my hair. This makes everything last longer on me. When I do that I can smell the coconut when I let my hair down after work. I think that is pretty good for a skinscent.I have walked through all the mall and Ulta stores to buy this. I am not a fan of florals but this is amazing to me. Both of the fragrances smell almost identical, except that Azuree is more subtle in the begining. I hope one of these sticks around, because I am running out of places to find them anymore, being that both are limited edition. By the way I love this bottle, it is very clean and classic.