July 30, 2014 | 1025 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Nutri-Brown

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Used this yesterday in B2 with success, I was really tired of waiting for my dark ash dull brown almost black hair dye to come off (Natural Instincts in "Clove") did multiple hot coconut and olive oil treatments and lots off washing with fully loaded sulfate shampoos for a full month until it went to a dark brown, of course the aftermath was a patchy, dull dark ash brown with brassy ends. After a lot of research and liking the dyes made for dark hair I decided to try this. I wanted to Color Opps' it but I didn't want to torture my hair to dye it brown again, all I wanted was a dark rich brown and that's what I got. Since I am a long time user of this types of dyes I followed the directions to a t, you must leave the dye on roots only for ten minutes, length and ends for 20, total of 30 minutes on my head. It's has quite strong smell and fumes, it comes with a 30V developer. My hair feels a little bit dry, but nothing like Feria or Colorsilk, it came out very shiny and even, last night my roots looked reddish but today everything looks even, since I had such a dark color before my color is nothing like the box or the swatches on the side of the box but it looks just like the name: roasted coffee beans.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cathyn91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Nutri-Brown in the Golden Brown shade, and I wish I didn't. My hair color looks almost exactly the same. There are reddish tints but that's basically it.
I have used Garnier Fructis before in the past, and they both turned out nicely. I have dark brown hair, even with the strawberry blonde, the result satisfied me.

What a waste of six bucks. Next time, I'm definitely going with Revlon Colorsilk.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by patty1815

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, if YOU do not intend to bleach your hair first!
This product is supposed to lighten up your dark hair, mine was brown/black and after the product application, the roots turn reddish while the rest of my hair stayed the same.

I looked at some hair video and it explain that if you want to lighten up your hair there is no other way around it but to bleach it because if you are trying to lighten up your black hair is like if you are coloring a paper with black color and then on top of it you put green- the color of that it's still going to be black unless you bleach.

I am not bleaching my hair, at least not for now. It scares me. So I guess, I'll just have multicolored hair for now.

Also, I shampooed my hair twice the next day (today) and the red turned light brown... so it's not that bad anymore. But still, multi-colored.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecember

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this. I got Iced Machiato, a cool brown and was very excited to try it. I have naturally black hair and dye it every month a dark brown so I was excited to go lighter. My hair is also very thin and very fine and I'm in my 20s so I would be a great candidate. Followed directions and was sooo disapointed with the results. I actually love the color of my roots which is a warm brown, nothing like the picture on the box but whatever. The rest of my hair? it remained dark brown. WTH.

The product made my hair feel kinda dry and the dye has a very strong smell. I don't mind that because I understand the product is suppose to lighten your hair. HOWEVER, what's the point when the product doesn't give u the results you pay for? I bought 2 boxes and $15 down the drain. It's okay, I really wanted to try it out myself so now I know.

Gonna go to a professional and have them fix my hair instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Syvang

Going into this process, I was very skeptic because I have long, black, thick curly hair and I didn't think any at home dye kit would work but I went ahead and got it since it's specifically made for people with dark hair and being a mother of 2, I just couldn't see spending 80 bucks at a salon. I bought the cool brown/ iced macchiato. I colored my ends first and then left the roots on for ten minutes like it says on the box. After I was done, my hair went maybe a shade lighter. It went from black to the "before" picture on the box. My roots though, are a bright reddish brown color which I wish the rest of my hair could have turned out to be. I would recommend this product for those with fine hair because if you've got hair like me...It's just not gonna work for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by lgoddard2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, here is a history of my haircolor lately to give you a good idea of what I've done...I went from really heavy blonde highlights a few months ago to really dark brown out of a box (Loreal Preference). That was the first time I'd done my own hair ever. I have since colored it once more with Loreal Pref. My color has gotten really dull, so I decided today to go to Target and get some of my regular color and dye it. While there, I saw this lightening product. I got it and used it. I got 2 boxes because I have very long very thick hair. I followed the directions exactly: 20 min on the ends, 10 min on my roots, 30 total. When I first got out of the shower, my roots were very orangey/goldish. I was a little worried but I went ahead and dried it. I am very pleased with the results. While it is not a lot lighter, the overall tone is different. I used Iced Macchiato, and my hair is a nice dark color with a warm tone. A big plus is that the conditioner that comes with it is awesome. My hair feels so healthy and soft. I would definitely re-purchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by csema8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just colored my hair last night using this product. The color I chose was Roasted Coffee. This product smelled so strong and horrible. My eyes and nose were burning and I felt naseuos afterwards. The dye was also quite irritating to my scalp and skin and still feels itchy today. As for the color, it turned out a bit flat and dull looking and certainly not good enough for me to go through the torture again. If you do decide to try this product and you are coloring your entire head, be sure to follow the instructions carefully and color the roots at the end. I followed the instructions and still find that my roots are a bit too bright. I think I'll stick with my trusted Colorsilk or Ions next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

So you must follow the directions. I bought this in roasted coffee. It says only leave on roots for 10 minutes, not the full 30 it will be on the ends. I sort of disregarded it, and now the top of my head is bright red. I'm NOT happy about that. Pros, the bottom bit of my hair is really pretty! No orange at all. It lightened it 3 or 4 shades and with this pretty reddish tint and it's really flattering on me and makes my eyes stand out. My hair is also really soft and shiny. Not damaged and straw-like, like after that horrid colorsilk stuff. I will enjoy my few weeks of half cinnamon stick half glossy brown hair with a hat for now.

Update:
So now that it is time to touch up and my roots have toned down, I have decided that this is a GORGEOUS color. I was talking to someone about doing something different to my hair and they said, OK do what you want but don't color it. Your color is gorgeous! When I went to get my hair cut my colorist said my hair was a GREAT color and seeing my roots asked me who did it because she loved it. When I told her it was from a box she was totally blown away. I will be using this for the rest of summer!

Update 2:
I just did the root touch-up and while I was skeptical at applying the dye to my roots for 30 minutes since the first time I was BRIGHT red, I went ahead and did it and it looks EXACTLY like the front of the box. Totally gorgeous. It looks even better this time around. However, my hair is really really dry. It's soft and really shiny, but it's NEVER felt this dry on me before. I will keep using it though, I just need a good deep conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by MomColors

My hair is a natural level 6. Probably 60-70% gray, I'm not sure and I don't want to find out, lol. I have a lot of trouble with salon and drugstore color. No matter how ashy a color I pick my hair throws golds and oranges. So my main goal in haircolor is no brassiness and full gray coverage. Nutrisses is so fabulous on your hair. It doesn't dry it out. I can't believe that oil stuff isn't a gimmick but it really does seem to work. My hair throws a tiny bit of orange with this hair color but not until the 3 or 4 week mark does it look brassy. Gray coverage is the poorest of all the products I've tried. I have to put it on my gray 10 minutes before and then start the process. So my face framing hair has it on a full 40 minutes. This product doesn't promise gray coverage. I like it. It's gentle. CoolBrown B1 Iced Macchiato. As for the promise of lifting brown hair, that's not my goal. Girls if you have brown hair and you want it "lifted" go to the salon, that's why you go to a professional.

Update 4/08:
mmmmwwwaaaahhh!!!!!
Looks like this is being discontinued. If no one was buying it that's because it was marketed as something no drugstore color can do which is lift brunettes 4 shades.
Guess it's back to Loreal Exact Match for me. I hope they don't discontinue that now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by stopenoughsaid

I poured out half of the golden brown and filled the other half with a neutral brown and I got a nice golden brown instead of orange. But it's a bit of a hassle to buy two of them and mix it. But it's worth the effort.