October 24, 2014 | 1460 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure-Darling

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by exu2

Oh man Chanel has done it again. It feels divine on the lips, so creamy and moisturizing! I get a lot of comments on how nice and smooth my lips look with this on though hehehe it is on the pricey side though :S
I would describe this as a sheer light warm rosy pink lipstick that has a subtle shimmer/ glossy look to it and great for everyday wear. It's my "lip shade but better" lipstick! However this isn't great for pigmented lips, and more suited to pale lips because of the light to medium coverage.
It doesn't bring out my chapped lips and doesn't crease due to the smooth buttery texture. The sheerness of the lipstick make it seem like a tinted lip balm, so I do need to apply this two or three times for the colour to show. It wears of pretty fast especially after eating so reapplication is a must after 2 or 3 hours.
Packaging is SO PRETTY. There is a silver metal plating on the black lid engraved with Chanel's logo, and the lipstick holder is gold with Chanel's logo engraved on the bottom. Feels so glamorous and expensive when you hold it! Very sturdy and travel friendly as it is very secure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A slick and shimmer-free neutral midtone pink. Nice shade. But the formula is too lightweight for my liking, and some ingredient in it irritates my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this Chanel RA in Darling..it is sooo natural and beautiful on my lips...it paired it with a glossimer on top in beige guitare which gave it alittle sparkle..This is my go to lippie when I dont feel like going ott with the makeup...but it looks soo elegant I must admit..The package is absolutely beautiful, Classic..I wish I could repurchase but it was limited edition.so no longer sold in stores..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by crispy80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely a MLBB. I don't see any difference between my lips and this lipstick, however I do LOVE the formula and shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this on ebay - as a travel/mini size for about $10 shipped. I'm glad I didn't spend $$$ on the full size.

I do LOVE the formula. Feel slike MAC lustre formula to me, but a little more moisturizing.

However, there is DS brand dupe for this at a fraction of the cost: Maybelline Pink Me Up.

I thought that Darling was going to be more of a MLBB with a slight bit of pink to it - but it is way more pink on me. I am NC25 for reference. However, you might love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

As other reviewers mentioned, this would be a polished, mlbb shade on the right skin tone. It didn't work for me; I'm PPP, and it brought out the red in my skin. I think it could look great on olive, beige, or golden girls. On my rosy lips Darling is a fair dupe of Mademoiselle Rouge Coco, but less red and more brown - worth trying if you're haunted by the Vanessa Paradis Rouge Coco ad. But Darling is also fairly sheer, and for $30 I expect something with more oomph.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is quite different from the usual line up of rouge allures in that it is very sheer and the colour is quite the standard MLBB. I find this to be nice but not great. The colour is ordinary, I bought it because I found UD Naked a bit too blue tinged for me, so this is a nice substitute. What I do like about it is the fact that it lasts and lasts. A lot lighter than other rouge allures, you will like this if you are a little lipstick shy or dont usually wear them. This is fail safe and will always be appropriate, but its a little boring for me. The finish is satin. I actually prefer the finish of UD lipsticks better, they leave a nice gleam to it but isnt high shine. This is definitely a keeper but its the baseline lipstick or when I need to look as if I am not wearing anything. Goes with everything and anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful lipstick. The texture is so creamy, and it's extremely hydrating for the lips. I think i will try a different shade next time since I have an olive complexion and the color seems a little orange on my lips. Other than that, the product itself is so beautiful, and for the price tag.. it should be!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 4:50:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RIS from lovely MUAer as Darling does not appear to be available in Europe (my case says made in USA whereas all my other RAs, including Naive-also bought in the US- say Made in France). I had to have this as evidently it is one of the colors Nicole Kidman wears, and we are skin and hair twins (minus botox and fillers). Darling is a gorgeous pinky brown MLBB color that leans warm. It is almost the color of my lips except a little too pink. It is similar to Tender but has a smidge more brown. I love the coverage and the pigmentation of this color and it makes a nice addition to my growing RA collection. I enjoy wearing this with a bare face and minimal makeup- heavy makeup can overpower this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I purchased this shade yesterday ^_^.This was part of Summer 2007 collection.Beautiful warm Rose-pink shade.I am actually wearing this lipcolor in a couple of my pictures.I will re-purchase this again as soon as I'm close to running out =)