July 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - TruShine Wine Shine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this in two colors, this and the Rosy Shine. The Rosy didn't work for me, but this one was great.

I like the formula. It goes on nicely, doesn't dry out my lips, and does not have a weird taste or smell. You can vary the coverage of this from sheer to a more medium coverage. It is not extremely long lasting, but it doesn't wear off too quickly. I think the quality is great for the price..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I have absolutely no idea why I bought this color, but I love it anyway. It's a very dark purpley-wine with some gold reflects. The formula is amazing: the texture is smooth and gel-like (not drying at all), the color can go on sheer or layered for more intensity, and it leaves a glossy finish that I'd never expect from a lipstick. Quite frankly, I don't think I have the lips to pull off such a dramatic color, but if I put on just a dab it becomes flattering and completely daytime appropriate. If such a crazy color can work for me, I'm definitely going to buy more of these. Good job, Cover Girl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color, love this lipstick. This is comparable to very expensive dept. store lipsticks. Would buy again. You should try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've generally been very happy with Trushine lipsticks - light, sheer formula that's very comfortable to wear (no icky scent or dryness) & the colors are generally very forgiving. Regular price is inexpensive & my CVS often has these on BOGO which is when I stock up - these do need reapplying frequently & I tend to run through them relatively quickly.

This is a lovely slightly cool toned, sheer wine. I won't repurchase this because its a little bit too cool & too dark for me. I've ended up only wearing it in the evening when I need a more dramatic lip color, so its going to last a long while & I'll probably stick to other colors that suit me better in the future for new purchases. That said, if you are looking for a sheer wine lipstick that won't break the bank I think this is one of the best out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the TruShine lipsticks. I even love the cute little silver tubes. I probably will not repurchase this color though. I was thinking it would look reddish brown on me. Somehow on me it is too cool toned and purple looking. I guess it's also a darker color than I really need. The texture of this is different than Blushberry. It's not as shiny, but does have a little gold overspray too it. It stays on just great for a sheer lipstick. I might try to use up by sheering it out a bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by stellina

CG's TruShine lipsticks are perhaps the bargain of the century: high-quality gel based like Clinique's Butter Shine in a range of pretty colors at half the price or less. Wine is my 3rd, and like the others (Blushberry & Coral) it isn't super-sheer like a gloss but very smooth and shiny. It's a burgundy/berry/brown shade that's slightly on the warm side with a flattering bit of shimmer, the shade of the season. In recent years I got away from darker shades since I'm not as young as I used to be & they tend to bleed, but I haven't had that problem so far. Just a great product all the way around.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

Love the color--a deep, burgundy wine color. I can imagine that this would work with cool or warm complexions, and although I am fair, I would think that this would also be flattering on darker skins. Often, I find that wine colored lipsticks look gloppy and heavy against my cool, PPP skin and have had much difficulty finding one that doesn't completely dry out my lips. Not this one! It is even slightly "glossy" but not in a over-the-top way. The formulation is smooth, feels moisturizing--but does wear off fairly quickly. I find that I am reapplying this a lot during the day. Also, there is a slight chemical smell when first applied. But it's not pricey, so I don't mind! The holographic packaging is somewhat mesmerizing--sometimes I find myself staring at my lipstick tube! Definitelty will repurchase, and would recommend to anyone, especially PPP, who is looking for that perfect burgundy wine colored lipstick for fall/winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by rhiannon427

Absolutely love this product. Gorgeous color, very buildable. I'm a PPP with dark hair and blue eyes and this is perfect for fall. Only complaint is the top tends to come off in my m/u bag. ..but I'll deal with it :) Will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Shulamith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This, like Blushbaby, was my first CG lipstick and I was prepared not to like it. What a pleasant surprise. Some sheers have no color at all. Some are too dark and tricky to apply. This one is right on the money with color that is definite but not overpowering. A good lipstick when you don't want to look overdone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I couldn't figure out CG's system for recommending TruShine shades for different skin tones. Why would a dark color like Wine Shine be recommended for pale girls and a lighter color like Mauve Shine be recommended for beauties of color? But, I do like a berry-toned lipstain, so I winged it and bought this. LOVE the color, a true neutral berry-brown that can be built up from a very natural-looking tint to full-on strong color. I took off one lippie because I don't think these are shinier than any other lipstick. If you want a point of comparison, this shade is less red and more brown than "Black Honey." It closely resembles Revlon "Chocolate Cherry."