September 2, 2014 | 1790 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme in 452 Chocolate Cherry - Dark Reddish Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by AnaKim1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally dark brown, and I got the exact shade of the girl on the front box, which was significantly darker (and less auburn) then the anticipated color from the color guide on the side of the box.
I tried Dark Reddish Brown; it did a great job covering my old color. I covered just as well as more expensive brands. The time it took to color and saturate my hair was more like 30 minutes than 25. I've never tried this brand before, but for whatever reason, I really wanted to try Chocolate Cherry... I can't believe it's taken this long. I guess it just looked like it would be very bright and unnatural-looking on the box.
This is the first home-hair color I have ever bought since I've stated coloring my hair at 15. I've tried almost every salon color system, usually sticking to L'Oreal or Clairol. I've colored my hair everything from light brown to near-black, with the most common color being some shade of red. I don't know why I decided to try Garnier this time, which now, looking at the results, I wish I had earlier as it would have saved me a whole bunch of money.
And did I mention it was the most natural-looking brown-red I have ever used? I've tried most brown-reds out there. This is the best. Really. It was like my hair was the color of those ads you see on TV, with a beautiful red glow. I did get some dead ends etc, but this just seems to happen every time I get my hair colored, so it's not just something that happened randomly with Garnier. I could find nothing wrong with it, and next time I get a salon coloring with L'Oreal or Clairol, I'll use this to even out the color a little instead of going back every 4-6 weeks for a touch up.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by xCrystaal

I just dyed my hair today, with this color.. It turned my hair black. I was disappointed, but im not sure if it will gradually change during the summer... but so far, im disappointed. I had previous goldenishbrown highlights which turned into Black. Black, i say.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by meikii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this long ago for $5 at CVS on sale. I wanted to get a few shades lighter than my actual color but nothing too dramatic change. So I decided to go with it one since in my opinion was a settle nice color to go with.
I had short, thin, and fine hair. Most hair đye I used I only need half to color my whole head. But actually I had to use the whole box to dye my whole head. But that's OK. Just be aware that you should buy 2-3 boxes if you have TONS of hair.
The color after I washed it off were very intense when wet. But when it dried out it actually more settle. It were a beautyful Burgundy brownish dark color that look just beautiful on my asian yellow skin tone. Under bright light like white bulb or natural sun it turns out to be a little red-goldish brown very beautiful. But under shades or if there is not alot of light it turns out to be just a dark brown :).
The good thing I like about this color is that it didnt burn my hair into dry brittle hair like the Revlon did. it nourishes my hair makes it shine and look healthy.

Enough good things: the con is the "RED" in this color faded very quickly. And I know I didnt use any harsh shampoo all I use is organic SLS free shampoo. But well it was worth it.

I would buy this again but not anytime soon. Now that I have the Paul Mitchell ready to try with.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by flammab1e

My hair is naturally a dark auburn shade. I've experimented with other shades in this line, always coming back to chocolate peanut butter. Target was having 2 box sale but only in certain shades. And I had a coupon that made the two boxes cheaper than one, so I took a chance. My hair is barely shoulder length but is very thick so I need two boxes.

Anyway this shade made my hair dark brown/black, only my roots have a slight tinge of red. The other shades I've tried have always been a little closer to the box. My hair was redder before I dyed it. It was a cheap lesson that hopefully will fade in 4-6 weeks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kelley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Chocolate Cherry - #452

My Hair: Little past shoulder lenght, no grays, typically colored with a concoction of Revlon Shades of EQ that my stylist brews up, which usually lasts about 4 weeks and costs $100 a pop. My natural shade is a light, mousey brown that is colored to a med/dark golden brown.

The Aftermath: I was NERVOUS about coloring my hair at home. I have had many emergency trips to the salon leaving me paying $200 to have something corrected that a $7 box of color did, however after reading the reviews here, I mustered up the courage to try again and Im so glad I did. I used 2 boxes of Chocolate Cherry and left it on for the full 35 minutes because with it having red in the color, I was afraid it would end up too red, and Id rather it be too dark than too red. The color ended up a dark brown with a red hint. Not enough red for anyone to go, Wow, your hair is red! but enough that its not a flat, boring brown. My hair is super soft and honestly has never been so shiny before. Ive already received several complements on the color. Overall cost was about $15 verses the $100 (plus tip) I would have forked over for a much less interesting color.

As far as the duration of the color, I dont know that yet, but will update as soon as I see how well the color holds up. So far, Im very happy and very glad I took the plunge!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by yipeejackie

If you have been looking for a cheap drugstore brand hair coloring product that won't fry your hair or make you look "unnatural" this is the color and the brand for you!!! I love Garnier Nutrisse Cream but this is my absolute favorite color. Feria's Chocolate Cherry is too dramatic for my light coloring, but this color looks completely natural. I get lots of compliments on it. In the house it's subdued and in the sun it's extremely red. Overall I love the color. I am Asian and Giorgio Armani LSF 6.0 for reference.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No