August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Cream Oil Bodywash - Rosewood and Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the smell of autumn in a body wash!! The scent is so warm and comforting, it lathers up nicely and doesn't leave a waxy feeling after you rinse it off. Now, the moisturizing claim; I really couldn't say. My skin isn't really dry and every time I use this body wash, I always put on my Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion after anyway, but it didn't dry out my skin. It also doubles as a shaving cream! Go try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I love this line of bodywashes from Dove. Normally I would just use any bodywash, but my skin has become sensitive and very dry in the last year. This smells lovely and is nice to use for shaving legs. I tend to use the sensitive version now, but this one has my favorite scent out of the line.

I wish dove would make a version of this with a pump. Much more shower friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the second Dove body-wash I've used. I used the one for dry/winter skin for the longest time and then switched to this one.

Pros:
- Smells AMAZING. Like roses. :)
- Feels silky as it glides on skin
- Cleanses really well.
- Somewhat moisturizing.
- Good price for the amount.

Cons:
- Still have to use lotion after using this body wash ... only on my legs though (they're super dry all the time).

Would definitely recommend/repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This is a very thick and creamy luxurious body wash that smells devine! When you sqeeze a dollop on your mesh puff, it's so thick that when you turn it upside down, it stays put. This bodywash leaves the skin feeling clean and soft without any residue. The scent is a mixture of slightly sweet and powdery. The scent goes away when your shower is done. I also love that it doesn't upset my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I really like this bodywash. It's very creamy, but it lathers up nicely. However, it isn't foamy, so if you like a -really- rich lather, this isn't for you. It makes your skin so soft, but you still feel clean (not squeaky clean though...so, if you're into that, this isn't for you). I really like the smell as well. Also, I have oily skin and am breakout prone on my chest and back (not so much anymore because pregnancy seemed to clear up my bacne/chest acne) and, at first, I was worried this would break me out as it feels so rich and doesn't give that squeaky clean feeling, but it doesn't. at. all. In fact, I wanted to try using a body wash with salicylic acid to clear up any existing bacne, and THAT broke me out, so I really recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

It's super creamy and moisturizing. I used it during the harsh and dry Canadian winter -- and for the first time I didn't use body lotion in winter after I shower. It smells great and it's pretty cheap when you get it on sale. It gets a bit hard to squeeze out from the bottle (maybe because I let it sit in my freezing room -- I have windows open during winter) but I think it's just the property of the cream itself. It's a very good buy and don't miss it out for winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This contains sulfates but it is ok at moisturizing. made me break out on my back though :S

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MaggPye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a year. Love it. I didn't pick this scent though, I have the Vanilla one. But I didn't see the point in making a whole new review for a different smell. :P

This stuff is super creamy, and especially nice for my skin in the winter, to keep it from drying out. I don't have to worry about moisturizing immediately when I get out of the shower. It cleans well (some other oil body washes I've tried didn't leave my skin feeling overly clean), smells great, moisturizes, and is fairly inexpensive.

The only thing I'm not happy about is they changed where the lid is. It used to be on the bottom of the bottle, but now it's on the top. Because of the shape of it, you can't set it upside-down to get the product to pool in the lid (like it used to do all by itself with the lid on the bottom). It's also not as easy to open now. I used to be able to flip it open and closed with just my thumb. But now, for the most part, I need 2 hands to open or. Or I end up ripping the whole flip-top lid right off the bottle. Which is kind of useless.

The product itself is fabulous. I just wish they would rethink the bottle.... again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic body wash. I am typically a bar soap user but with winter arriving my skin was so miserable. Dry, tight and itchy. I had painful red patches almost like a sunburn. I set out to find the richest body wash I could and ended up with this one. I am so impressed with it. After one use my skin was soft, smooth and even toned. Just a little squeeze on a bath puff gives you lots of rich, creamy lather. Just like that my winter dry skin is gone. This also makes a wonderful shaving cream. The scent is soft and feminine. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by x3n

Pros: Very moisturizing, scent lingers after shower, scent is nice, lathers well.
I have the one in the red bottle, so it may be different than the new packaging one.
Bad thing for me is I'm switching over to products not tested on animals, and Dove does test on animals :( Sad day for me.