October 21, 2014 | 1298 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by typicallytiffany

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this eyeliner for almost 10 years now. it is my holy grail for liquid eyeliner. I've tried Christian Dior, MAC gel liner, but I always come back to this. it's just the easiest liquid eyeliner product for me to apply. you can see me wearing it in my "Eyes" photo on my profile.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Wonder2Wanda

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in black is my HG for all occasions. I like to line my lids pretty heavily meaning at least 1/4" above the lash line. I have lids that crease easily + is super oily :/ so I've had a tough time finding a liner. Oh, did I mention I live on a student budget?
Colorstay's eyeliners hits all my points. By pairing it w/Urban Decay's potion primer the liner stays on like a dream. You'll need a specialized eye make up remover to get this stuff off! My only complaint is that it does hurt to tug on your eye lids when you're applying the liner. You need to be a trooper about this or the liner just isn't for you.
Over time, it gets easier b/c the oil from your eye lids will settle into the eyeliner making it softer for future applications. It sounds gross I know but this is what happens :D If you stick w/it you'll have a black liner that is richly colored, stays put and is cheap.
I love this liner so much that I massed purchased it from Walmart. For $4.97 a piece I doubt you'll find better value elsewhere! Yes, I have 10 of the same liners...you can't beat what works.
NOTE: Make sure you get the liner w/"waterproof" on the package or else the liner will be super smudgy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great dependable eyeliner, it really does stay put much better than most. I used it for 3+ years exclusively. It's nice that it comes with it's own sharpener. This baby preforms, good for people who are busy and do long days.
That being said there are a few downfalls to my beloved product, and it's why I don't get it anymore (found better), the biggest thing is it tugs. The stick gets very hard and I was pulling at my eye all the time. My liner never sat around unused, I didn't leave the cap open, it just happened by the time the stick was almost out. I used it everyday, it really wasn't a coincidence it happened almost every time. Another downside is the black wasn't super intense, I would often go over it with the liquid colorstay black eyeliner to intensify the color. I know they improved it to make it more coal black and it's a little bit better, but still not as intense of a black shade as other brands.
That being said it's a great eyeliner, I just felt the need to state why I don't buy it anymore. It still served me well for many years, but I've moved onto greener pastures. This is a good eyeliner for those who do long days, but I wouldn't recommend using it forever because if your experience is anything like mine you'll be tugging, and who wants to deal with saggy/deformed eyelids in the future?
Good eyeliner for short term, but I wouldn't use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Kmbopp

I have been using this eyeliner for years, it stays on better than any other eyeliner I have purchased from the drugstore, so I haven't seen a reason to change. I always set it with liquid though and I always get compliments and it stays on for hours without touchups. I use the color stay liquid as well. I always put it on over my powder though my skin is too oily not too. Oh and It is WAY less expensive at Walmart ladies! It's $4.96 buy from there from now on :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Colorstay, uh, no...I wanted to like this as I am a huge fan of Revlon's color stay foundation. This was smudging underneath the eye within a couple hours, tops. Spent the rest of the day checking for and cleaning smudges.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ducktaco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought it as an interview liner. One of the hardest liners I've had the misfortune of staying with 'til the end.

Realized throughout our time together that it was like grabbing a Crayola and trying to line my eyes with them. Probably less smooth than a crayon, actually. Needs warming up on another part of the skin, and only lasts for a few seconds before reheating. In the winter particularly unfriendly. But I think this is why the staying power is impressive, although the darkness is uneven so it's more like a cling-on than a welcome guest.

I used probably less than half of the actual product, rest broke off in chunks. Cheap sharpener hidden in end doesn't function, gets clogged immediately. Oh well, this means my no-buy's off!

FYI - I tried some white eyeshadow over it, and it turned a darker bright blue. So this has blue undertones, unless my eyeshadow is hiding some weird undertone. Not as great as a darker brown on me, but I was the one who went with black, so this one's on me and not Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

I am an enthusiast of black eyeliner and have been using this for years. I love the fact that it twists up and if you want to sharpen it (well enough to do a wing) the back end pops out as a tiny sharpener. The only problem is that a few times the sharpener has come loose and ended somewhere in the bottom of my makeup bag. Other than that, the product has stayed on for almost a full 8 hour work day before a tiny bit of reapplication, seriously. I have tried the other forms of non-flake eyeliner (wax, gel, cake w/sealer etc.) in a host of other brands (including theatrical) and this seems to last the longest, including after a swim. Pigmentation is more than decent, and it doesn't tug. For the price, and convenience of popping into any drugstore, this is the best Revlon or any other brand has to offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG product for lining the upper lids! I use this almost everyday, mostly on the outer 1/3 or 1/2 of the lids, and it lasts an entire day without ever smudging or fading. On "casual makeup" days, I use this eyeliner in the Charcoal colour. I've never tried this on the waterline b/c I don't use eyeliner there, but I wouldn't expect one product to work on the upper and the lower lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jenniferCA

This is the most blendable eyeliner I can find for smokey eye. I use a smudger and it comes out perfect everytime.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I wanted to try something different from my Maybelline master drama eyeliner. I am going to be comparing these two products in this review because they both claim to do the same thing. First off the Revlon one is not as creamy and black as the Maybelline one.The Maybelline is more like a gel liner in a pencil form which I love. The Revlon is more dry and is more of a wearable everyday black. This is a con for me thought it could be a pro for you. The Revlon one claims to last all day but I have worn this twice in 75 degree weather with no humidity and it has given me raccone eyes both times in just a few short hours. They Maybelline one lasts a lot longer than that on low humidity days.I also feel like it dries my eyes out a bit, while the Maybelline one sometimes gets on my contact lenses while im applying because its so creamy. Over all this product does not do what it claims it will and I was very disappointed. Im still on the hunt for my perfect eyeliner so for now I'll just stick to the Maybelline master drama because the Revlon one is not good at all.