December 19, 2014 | 1160 users online

Lip Treatments - Bath and Body Works - Superfill Extreme Lip Plumper

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jessica911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at bath and body works outlet about last summer. this is by far my fravorite lip plumper. the feeling was weird at first but ive gotten used to it. the only problem is that i do not like clear gloss so i have to wear something under it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by dwmakeupluvr

Ow,this stuff stings! It hurt so bad that I wiped it off immediately. However, I was still feeling discomfort for an hour afterward. It felt like my lips were being pricked with needles. I returned this the next day and never looked back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Superfill Extreme Lip Plumper at Bath and Body Works for US$12.50 for 8 mL/0.27 oz. The box has a number of entertaining boasts like: "A do-it-yourself alternative to collagen injections!” and “Amazingly: Superfill 10x Swelling Spheres can plump up to 10x their size, and results can last for up to 48 hours after application!” The cute box also has a great color scheme, with orange, pinks, black and white. I will say that the plumping I experienced from the clear formula was very minimal, and the effects didn't even last two hours, which is nowhere near 48 hours!

“How do Superfill 10x™ Swelling Spheres activate to plump up your lips? Swelling Sphere technology uses a combination of patented dehydrated microspheres that – on application – absorb moisture to create a plumper appearance and a minimization of visible wrinkles. Swelling Spheres are engineered to work topically to achieve a visual effect that is similar to the most popular medically applied facial fillers.” I wish my visible lip wrinkles had been minimized!

“Instructions for use: Apply a generous layer of Superfill Extreme Lip Plumper to clean, dry lips under or over lip color. Reapply as necessary. Note: Superfill Extreme Lip Plumper is a triple-action formulation that moisturizes while it plumps so can also be used as your everyday conditioning lip treatment balm.” It certainly didn't moisturize my lips, even when I wore it under lip products and by itself.

“Attention: SuperFill Extreme Lip Plumper: Max Formula contains an application-activated lip-enhancing molecule that -in some users- delivers a slightly electric sensation for 5-10 minutes after application, or until the plumper has been fully triggered.” It usually took about ten minutes for the "electric sensation" to kick in, and that sensation would last another ten to twenty minutes. And that's really all I liked about the product itself. Love the box, love the fizzy, carbonated sensation, and that's about it. I'll use this up, but I wouldn't repurchase it in clear or any other color.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentaeryythrityl Tetraisosterate, Silica, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Parfum (Fragrance), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Saccharin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chrondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Sodium Hyluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Aqua (Water), Lauryl Laurate, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Hydroxyethyl, Behenamodopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Menthyl Lactate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lecithin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My before and after....

I love bath and body works new year sales because I got this for only 3 dollars and something cents :] I got it in Miami Peach, and at first it has a light "peachISH" flavor and has a sheer peachy color (duh). It claims to have "swelling spheres" that expand when it comes in contact with water from inside your lip. It also claims to moisturize so I don't really get how sapping water from your lips make them more moisturized? So anyway, My lips are somewhat full already, but i since it was on sale I couldn't resist. The gloss itself is somewhat sticky, not too much, but a nice "I'm not going anywhere" sticky. After the first minute or so your lips get an odd tingly sensation, not unpleasant, but -oh how do I explain- like those swelling spheres are exploding.... but all at once. Or like the reviewer below me said about how a numb foot feels after your start to get the feeling back... and 15 minutes later it still feels that way although less tingle and more numb. BUT IT WORKS!! My lines are gone and my lips are pouty and plump albeit numb. Good stuff. Get it on sale, now! (original price $12.50)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. I'll admit that the tingly sensation that occured after application was a tad bit strange, but after it went away, my lips were definately plump. :o) I applied the Colorfill lip gloss over it in "Kiss" and it was the perfect combination for my very pale skin. Plump glowy red lips. Would repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this product by accident while shopping at my local Bath and Body Works, and since I have tried numerous other lip plumping/plumper products without much success (not to mention spending a small fortune), at $12.50, I thought, "Why not?" I am now "addicted" to this product! I purchase the Superfill Extreme Lip Plumper in clear & use a nude/light brown color over it. It goes on thick (but I like that in a lip plumper), lasts/stays put for long periods, even after morning coffee/tea. :) No, it's not going to give "injection, professional Dermatology M.D." look, but I have noticed a difference in the appearance of my lips (mostly upper), with daily continued use. I have ultra-sensitive skin (very, very fair skin tone), and this product doesn't irritate my lips at all. For the price & amount of product you get, I highly recommend it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by drrolfe

It actually works! First lip plumper I've tried, but it really did work. They do not look like Angelina Jolie (but whose do?), but more like my lips looked ten years ago. Wow. That's worth the money right there!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sherrybear

I love this product! After trying Buxom Lips and Lipfusion, (which were nice but not worth the higher prices) I decided to give this a try when I saw it at the store. WOW! It really, really tingles and does work. I think it's much more worth the price than others I've tried, 12.50! Very nice and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by KirstenMary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You name it and I have tried it. Lip Fusion, Too Faced, Lip Venom, Sally Hansen...my drawers are cluttered with pout products that just don't work. This one, however, has far exceeded my expectations. I have never experienced plumping like this, and this is my new HG of plumpers.

Here is a before and after picture:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by hwillis007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being that I work at Bath and Body Works, I've tried this and the Patricia Wexler lip plumping gloss. I like this one much better. You're right, the plain gloss does turn your lips a little pale. I liked this tingle over the Patricia Wexler's sensation. Also, when trying plumping glosses, which I've only tried these 2 cause I don't really want mine bigger, just a little more poutty and I never really bought into the hype, it's good to keep in mind not to have huge expectations. For me this delivered great results cause it filled in all my lines,, made my lips look a little fuller, and defined my lip area much more. Most of the other girls that work there say they like this better than Wexler's as well and seem to like the gloss quite a bit and can tell a noticeable difference. I really like the gloss and I've tried all the colors and being African American with the skin tone of Gabrielle Union or Sanaa Lathan, I'm pretty dark and I found all the colors to be flattering. I even like the bright red. I didn't buy this product, but I would like to in the future. The price isn't too bad, there's no stupid glitter quality to it (which I hate) and it's just a good gloss to me and is layerable.