Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

on 1/15/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This smells EXACTLY like the beach!! I love it! one of my favorites from Yankee. The only criticism I have is that this candle is very very strong.

on 11/4/2014 2:50:00 PM

Sunscreen. That is the dominant note. Don't get me wrong, I love this candle, because the smell of sunscreen in winter is a great pick me up, that does smell like the beach, but that is all I smell.

on 7/25/2013 6:43:00 PM

I've been using this candle a lot recently (I have it in the small jar) and I really love it! It smells so warm and beachy, so it's perfect for the summer (or the winter if you want to pretend you're on vacation!). It really does fill a room with its scent, which makes me happy because I love the smell of it and I like to be able to smell my candles from across the room. It has lived up to its expectations. I had this sitting in my room for quite awhile and I finally got around to burning it; now I just wonder why I hadn't used it sooner.

on 7/3/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love Yankee candles, I only recently started using them and I am hooked you really do get a lovely smell throughout the house when burning them. So far I have only tried the 1 wick jars and I get a lovely strong smell from them. The only thing I don't like it it gets very hard to light the large jars , I think i may invest in a gas lighter to reach the wick when it gets near the bottom.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

MY FAVORITE CANDLE IN THE WORLD! I remember the very first time I smelled this in the store... out loud, I said "Oh my God!'. It reminds me of the beach, to a T... no other fragrance can even come close as to just how identical to the beach this candle is. I always have this candle on hand somewhere in my home, all year. To be honest, YC's quality is NOT as good and dependable as it used to be, and while I used to be a devoted YC fan, I now buy mostly Bath & Body Works candles... however, until BBW has one identical to this, I will ALWAYS purchase this. It smells like Bobbi Brown's 'Beach' perfume... if you've ever smelled that before.

on 6/24/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorta annoyed. Last candle I had smelled strong and amazing, this time you can hardly smell it? I always buy the 2 or 3 wick since the jars NEVER smell. Anyway this scent is divine. I can't desribe it, really. Like one of those good sunscreen/oil smells.

on 4/11/2012 5:10:00 PM

I give this a 4 because the scent is really good but it was one of those scents that I just wanted to finish but instead it burned FOREVER! I gave it a 3 for price because I got a pack of 2 medium jars of Pink Sands and Sun and Sand in Christmas packaging for $15!!!!!! $15 for two medium jars is awesome since yankee tends to charge an arm and a leg for a candle. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are a lot of scents I like better but it did smell nice, just took too long to get rid of. If only the scents I absolutely love would seem to take that long too!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this candle! The minute I smell it, I feel like I am at a beach!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this scent a lot. It's one of Yankee's "basic" scents, and probably their most popular beachy/summer scent. I don't think it's very beachy, but it does call to mind warmer weather and soft breezes. It's not my absolute favorite from Yankee, but it's good. They make car air fresheners and even a hand sanitizer in this scent, which I think is pretty cool.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this in hopes of it being a summery scent, and the reviews on here suggested it was like a day at the beach, so i bought it.
first of all, i live in London. so i don't get to go to a proper beach unless i am on holiday (rarely). so this does not really remind me of the beach. but it does make me very happy and relaxed.
i do get that humid, sandy note. but amongst that i can also smell almost a jasmine, floral scent. very unusual candle. it's very hard to describe, but i do really enjoy burning it. it soothes and calms me straight away.
it is perfect i feel, for all seasons as it is summery and a little bit fresh, but is also warm and musky but in a muted way.
the throw of this is great. minutes after lighting, it starts to fill the room. no complaints.
i would buy again!