April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Sun and Sand

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jessica523

I've been using this candle a lot recently (I have it in the small jar) and I really love it! It smells so warm and beachy, so it's perfect for the summer (or the winter if you want to pretend you're on vacation!). It really does fill a room with its scent, which makes me happy because I love the smell of it and I like to be able to smell my candles from across the room. It has lived up to its expectations. I had this sitting in my room for quite awhile and I finally got around to burning it; now I just wonder why I hadn't used it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Love Yankee candles, I only recently started using them and I am hooked you really do get a lovely smell throughout the house when burning them. So far I have only tried the 1 wick jars and I get a lovely strong smell from them. The only thing I don't like it it gets very hard to light the large jars , I think i may invest in a gas lighter to reach the wick when it gets near the bottom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

MY FAVORITE CANDLE IN THE WORLD! I remember the very first time I smelled this in the store... out loud, I said "Oh my God!'. It reminds me of the beach, to a T... no other fragrance can even come close as to just how identical to the beach this candle is. I always have this candle on hand somewhere in my home, all year. To be honest, YC's quality is NOT as good and dependable as it used to be, and while I used to be a devoted YC fan, I now buy mostly Bath & Body Works candles... however, until BBW has one identical to this, I will ALWAYS purchase this. It smells like Bobbi Brown's 'Beach' perfume... if you've ever smelled that before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sorta annoyed. Last candle I had smelled strong and amazing, this time you can hardly smell it? I always buy the 2 or 3 wick since the jars NEVER smell. Anyway this scent is divine. I can't desribe it, really. Like one of those good sunscreen/oil smells.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bnm5077

I give this a 4 because the scent is really good but it was one of those scents that I just wanted to finish but instead it burned FOREVER! I gave it a 3 for price because I got a pack of 2 medium jars of Pink Sands and Sun and Sand in Christmas packaging for $15!!!!!! $15 for two medium jars is awesome since yankee tends to charge an arm and a leg for a candle. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are a lot of scents I like better but it did smell nice, just took too long to get rid of. If only the scents I absolutely love would seem to take that long too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by cupcakelove24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this candle! The minute I smell it, I feel like I am at a beach!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this scent a lot. It's one of Yankee's "basic" scents, and probably their most popular beachy/summer scent. I don't think it's very beachy, but it does call to mind warmer weather and soft breezes. It's not my absolute favorite from Yankee, but it's good. They make car air fresheners and even a hand sanitizer in this scent, which I think is pretty cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

i bought this in hopes of it being a summery scent, and the reviews on here suggested it was like a day at the beach, so i bought it.
first of all, i live in London. so i don't get to go to a proper beach unless i am on holiday (rarely). so this does not really remind me of the beach. but it does make me very happy and relaxed.
i do get that humid, sandy note. but amongst that i can also smell almost a jasmine, floral scent. very unusual candle. it's very hard to describe, but i do really enjoy burning it. it soothes and calms me straight away.
it is perfect i feel, for all seasons as it is summery and a little bit fresh, but is also warm and musky but in a muted way.
the throw of this is great. minutes after lighting, it starts to fill the room. no complaints.
i would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by classygirl

This is my spring/summer staple. I've already repurchased. Many compliments on it. My sister went and bought one asap after smelling it at our house. It's not "tropical" to me in the foody sense, moreso, in the floral sense. It's a beachy-floral. It's got a floral and musk note that make it aromatic. It's really lovely and relaxing. I typically like the more foody type fragrances w/a couple of aromatics mixed in there as a reference point. I burn candles every day and Sun and Sand is my sping/summer staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by glamblover

This is my favorite scent ever. On my wedding day 7 years ago I wore Bobbi Brown "Beach" perfume. I had always wished for a candle in the scent...

A few years ago I found this...And I have gone through a ton. I use the tarts, oil, and car frag too. I hope this scent lives forever <3

I typically like Colonial Home candles better. The throw is the same but their jars are sleek and more modern looking. Sun and Sand made me not care about the grandma candle that YC uses.