December 19, 2014 | 994 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lumene - Radiant Dual Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kerli310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that my first impression of this product was really bad. After having tried the Lumene Vitamin C+ Energy Coctail (which is probably the most moisturizing treatment I have ever come across with), this dual serum seemed to be the complete opposite of it and thus a very bad investment.

This impression was due to the fact that both the morning and the night serum sinked in so fast that my skin felt completely dry after applying it. Had I not felt the smell of it, It would have been hard to believe that it is really on my skin. However, after applying the day/night cream and let the aforementioned product absorb in as well, the effect was visible - the combo evened out the skin tone and my face looked more radiant (compared to when using only a moisturizer/night cream). I could see the results within less than half an hour. The morning serum really awakened my skin and the night serum seemed to be extra nourishing for nighttime.

I would also praise the texture and scent of the product - both the cloudberry seed oil (day) and blueberry seed oil (night) serums are soft and smooth in texture and have a delicate smell. Yes, they are both very lightweight, but this makes applying your moisturizer really easy as you don't have to wait for the serum to absorb. The packaging is very hygienic - a flat two-chambered bottle with respective pumps; you don't have to stick your fingers into the package itself.

I would advise you to consider this product as a nice additional treatment you can use prior to your day/night cream, but it is certainly not suitable to use only on its own - it is just neither moisturizing, nor nourishing enough for that. It is meant to be used before applying your daily moisturizer or night cream and is probably designed to enhance the abilites of Lumene Vitamin C+ line moisturizers/night creams - thus one should not expect the product to act as a moisturizer itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by raetsel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is one of 2 products in the running for being my main product of use for this category (i have been running a month-long test with each on one half of my face to decide). this stuff makes my skin feel extremely soft, is never greasy & does not break me out (which is a miracle as my skin hates almost everything). i like the way this stuff smells too.
the only complaint i have about it is the packaging - the pumps are not too easily controllable as far as amount. you try to squeeze just the teeniest bit out, but that's not going to happen (unless you're lucky).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 5:09:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a person with oily skin I am always struggling with moisturizers. Many of them are too heavy for my skin and make me feel greasy. I really like this dual serum. The morning formula is mattifying while the night formula is a little more moisturizing. In any case one pump is enough for my whole face even though it's very little product, and it sinks in fast-- my face doesn't feel sticky. It has a pleasant scent that dissipates. It's fresh and fruity smelling. Overall I reallyenjoy this stuff and would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This didn't do anything for my skin. I use both the morning and the night serums after cleansing. I find that after I apply either serum, it's difficult to layer anything over it (day moisturizer, night cream, etc.), even if I let the serum dry completely. Anything I apply after either serum just isn't able to sink in. Also, my skin seems more congested than usual after I started adding this to my regimen. I really wish this worked for me, since I love Lumene's radiant Vitamin C+ day cream. For reference, I have combo skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mayaari

Bought this as part of a Buy One Get One 50% off sale, and was curious to try it. The Energizing Morning Serum (orange pump) contains arctic cloudberry seed oil, meant to vitalize skin and give it moisture and energy. The Renewing Night Serum (blue pump) uses arctic blueberry seed oil to promote the skin's natural well-being and skin renewal. You're meant to use these serums before your normal moisturizer/night cream. Both are scented - day serum has that citrus-y cloudberry scent, while the night serum has a light blueberry scent, and comes out of the bottle looking slightly orange and purple, respectively.

This product is a nice add-on to your normal skin routine, but I find myself using the night serum more than the day serum. The arctic cloudberry seems to aggrivate my skin a bit (this winter my skin seems to be more sensitive to products) so I don't use it in the morning, but the night serum isn't harsh at all. Both serums do leave my skin feeling smooth. Like the other reviewer commented, if you already have a good moisturizer, you don't really need to use this stuff, but it's a nice little add-on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The is a dual-chamber serum, meaning you get more bang for the buck! The Energising Morning Serum is designed to be worn under a day moisturizer-there is no SPF in this Serum, so if you choose to wear the Morning Serum on its own, BEWARE! The other chamber contains Age-Defying Night Serum, which is designed as an add-on (add-under?)to a night cream. Both serums are slightly fragranced,but don't irritate my very sensitive skin. I find this product is a nice add-on, if you want a bit of a boost to your regular moisturizers, but it really isn't necessary if you use good moisturizers in the first place. I would repurchase if it were on sale or if I just felt I wanted a little something extra. Approximately $10 at CVS.