Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted this to work, but I found that it was very over drying to my skin. It was like it just stripped all the natural oils from my face. I'm really disappointed in this... waste of money. I even used a moisturizer and my face still feels dry. I think I'm now going to invest my money in a good skin care line...

on 4/9/2015 2:44:00 AM

I came to know of this product from Beautypedia's Best Cleansers list. Before this, was using a face wash from the Deep Clean line of products from the same brand - Neutrogena. I have sensitive Combination-Oily skin - (oily T-zone and other parts normal in summer and slighly dry in winters). I wanted a cleanser that cleans without ripping off moisture from my face. This cleanser meets my requirements perfectly.

To describe this product - The cleanser is a pearly liquid with medium consistency and one full pump is sufficient to cleanse entire face. It claims to be Soap free, which I think it is, because inspite of its name, the cleanser itself is not very foaming, but it produces enough lather when mixed with water to remove all the makeup. It does a fantastic job of removing all my waterproof make up - be it foundations, powder blush, concealer, eye shadow, kohl or mascara. I only use the regular bi-phase makeup remover with it to remove the kohl on my waterline and tight line of course, but apart from that this cleanser takes care of everything and does not sting when used around the eyes. It is very gentle on skin and has never irritated my sensitive skin. I havenít seen any breakouts within a month of using it daily. It cleanses my skin deep-within removing all the dirt and extra oil giving that clean feeling without ripping off moisture from my skin or any stretchy feeling and unclogs pores. It does not leave behind any residue that my toner picks and skin feels fresh and clean.
The packaging is typical of most Neutrogena cleaners, it comes in light blue bottle with a white pump dispenser - very user-friendly, convenient to place on your wash-basin/sink - but not travel-friendly due to the bulky size of bottle. But that doesn't make it a deal breaker. This is an excellent face wash for normal/combination-oily skin. The fact that it is also a make-up remover - is like an icing on the cake..!! I highly recommend the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

on 4/3/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this.
I repurchased a couple times hoping each time that I would somehow suddenly fall in love with it.
It was ok not bad at all but really did not do much for my skin.
It removed makeup pretty well. Once in a while I was left with a little mascara left over but that seems to be the case with almost any cleanser or remover I use.
My skin didn't really feel fresh and to me it seemed to be a bit dull.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

It SOUNDS like a perfect cleanser for my oily skin since it is foaming and the ingredients are suitable for sensitive skin. I was so excited about this because it was suggested for people with oily skin by the Paula's Choice-related book ("Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me,") but it's totally slimy and hard to wash off completely. It is hardly foaming and even after spending forever to rinse it all off my skin, my skin is left feeling flat and like there is still residue.

on 4/2/2015 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm surprised to see quite a few negative reviews on this. I originally bought this as it's listed among Beautypedia's Best rated products. I have sensitive skin and it causes no irritation given that it uses gentle cleansing agents like lauryl & decyl glucosides (instead of harsher, drying ones like sodium lauryl sulfates etc) and although it contains some fragrance that smells suspiciously like hand soap, it is a small amount not likely to cause irritation.

on 3/23/2015 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hated this! Only used for a week and it Sucked at cleansing and removing makeup and broke me out so badly! Think it clogged my pores. Still cleaning up the mess this cleanser left behind from this after 4 days.
If your prone to acne and dryness then dont waste your $!

This product dried my face out horribly! I had such a bad reaction to it that I had to go to my doctor because I had itchy dry patches all over my face. I usually have mainly oily skin. I'm positive it was caused by this product. Could just be a bad reaction for me personally but I would never purchase this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

made me break out, it just didn't work for me

on 2/12/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is simply just a terrible cleanser that flaked me out and made my skin dry including my t-zone... I have normal to combination skin and it caused a massive dry patch that you could see near the corners of my mouth. I am absoloutley sure that it was this product causing it because I haven't been using it and my skin is back to the way it was after a few months. This stings my eyes so much at one point I thought it was going to blind me lol. 100% would not reccomend this to anyone and will never ever EVER repurchase this horrific product again. Completely dissapointed.

Awful awful awful! It is also full of fragrance. I can't say that it's awful enough, please do not waste your time and money because it's really , really bad.