November 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Toners - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener Enriched

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried all three Shiseido softeners before buying this one. The White Lucent Softener is thicker than the other two Shiseido softeners. The Benefiance softener is also very good (with a texture somewhere between the other two) but I hated the softener from The Skincare line (too much like water). I bought this softener in the dead of a NYC winter and credit this from turning January skin into July skin. Many brands have toners, but only Shiseido has toners which serve as skin softeners, offering three varieties. This White Lucent softener (used at bed time beneath my White Lucent Brightening Moisturising Emulsion) absolutely makes my winter skin glow, not flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Duinnie

I have added this to my daily routine and I really liked how it makes my skin soft and fresh after application. The alcohol in it doesn't burn my skin and even has a nice smell. Quite pricey for a toner though. My first bottle was bought for me, and I'm still not sure if I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by nadialew

I've added this into my daily skincare routine and it does make a significant difference. My skin feels more hydrated, soft and radiant! The softening effect is immediate and long lasting. It also helps to balance the sebum secretion. My face is less oily now. I agree with one of the reviews here that said Shiseido WL cleansing foam and this softener are the MUST have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by helensung

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It is a very expensive toner but I am on my second bottles cause I really like the way it make my skin feels really soft and looks radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by surleslevres14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As stated on the other WL reviews, I bought this line at the Shiseudo warehouse sale so the price was quite cheap. I recently (a few days ago) realized that the entire time I've been using the line (for 6 months I think?) I've forgotten to use their softener! I was using my old Clinique or Philosophy toner. In my defense, the idea of their softener just didn't click...until now. As if the WL line didn't brighten my complexion enough, I found that just by adding this softener to my WL routine that I get a radiance that I've never seen before. It's absolutely ridiculous. I had to google exactly what this softener does and to be honest, if I didn't see the effects first hand, I would have said it was a gimmick.

I highly recommend this product. If anyone were to purchase the WL line I would say the wash and softener are definitely worth the money. Especially those with sensitive skin!

PS. I docked 1 lippy because I find the product a bit more difficult to come out (the first bottle was good, the second requires more of an aggressive shake).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very expensive toner that's just okay. I used a bottle and didn't notice any big difference. I like some of the White Lucent line, but this is not worth the expense. Pros: didn't break me out; doesn't have much scent; bottle is recyclable glass. Cons: doesn't do more than cheaper toners; heavy glass bottle; expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by undercovermillionaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for just over 2 weeks, and I'm still having a hard time believing how well it works. Today at work a woman I hadn't seen in several months came by to visit, and refused to believe I wasn't pregnant "because of that radiant glow" (I'm 100% not) until I divulged my secret. This is by far the best OTC product I've ever encountered, period.
...I should add that I've been on Retin-A for anti-aging for the past 7 months, and overnight, this product made my dry skin disappear. For those of you who have not yet tried Retin-A, one of the initial side effects is really annoying dry skin - if that's a path you're willing to go down to build more collagen, then I would definitely recommend using this softener in conjunction! I wish I'd had it months ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by moofus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm onto my second bottle of the softener although I'm not too keen on its price tag. Reason mainly because this product gives my skin a significant radiance when I use it at night and wake up in the morning.

Also, I find that it does help to remove traces of makeup that my cleanser didn't capture. I'm suspecting that it does quite a good job at gently exfoliating so that my skin is better able to absorb the following skin products in the next step of my skincare routine.

The standard bottle size managed to last me for a good 6 months. However, it depends on how much you use. I would say I use a teaspoon amount each application. I pour onto a cotton pad and massage it in a circular motion around my face.

Good stuff. Definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Sooji13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and this made my entire face break out. Not to be used for my skin type. I love the other products in the White Lucent line, though, so I'm going back to exchange for the non-enriched softener!

UPDATE: I switched and got the non-Enriched version of this softener. I love it! It has been part of my daily skin care routine for the past year now!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very kind SA at a Shiseido's counter gave me a big sample of this softener. I have been using it for about a couple of months, and I'm not crazy about it. It is thicker than conventional toners and it smells lovely. I agree with other reviewers about the stickiness, therefore I apply very thinly and have to wait a bit for it to dry. It doesn't brighten the skin. It's also not an astringent, so I really don't know what it's used for. I will not buy a full bottle. Not a very useful product.