October 1, 2014 | 1169 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Quad-Washed Khakis

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Louisamay

I think this is a cute compact and the colours are nice.
However, i dont think the colours pay off very well. To me, they are quite powdery.
A nice product, but not with the colour pay off i was expecting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I quite like the shades in this compact.
They are very wearable with a creamy formula and easy to apply.
You could create a few different looks with this compact.
I find the colours muted and soft which is great for daywear and you could get a half decent smoky eye from the darker shades.
Great for green eyes as they seem to really bring out your colour.
What I don't like about this compact is that there really only needs to be one highlighter, the two lighter shades aren't very pigmented and look the same when applied.
The applicater is too small and practically useless in this palette it really needs to be bigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first impression was, the name speaks for itself, completely washed out good for nothing stuff. But having made up my eyes with it I was completely stunned! Applies good, feels silky enough (not like e/s Avon used to make for Western Europe before - a colored brick), a good staying power (well, on me all e/s stay put) on my sweating hard face. And the color selection is the very best I have ever tried in palettes. Me: PPP to LLL, usually second lightest neutral or pinkish shade, dark brown hair, green eyes. These e/s wonderfully complement green in my eyes not bringing out redness in my eye whites (which are by no means whites even with Visine, sighhhhh). The colors are not that versatile, because all of them go where they belong: light pinkyish taupe under the brow, lime color on the whole upper lid, olive to be used as a liner on upper lid and greyish as a liner on lower lid PLUS brow enhancer, which is a great plus! All that gives a polished but not overdone look, pure glamour. Bravo, Gillian, well done, Avon. Why overall 4 - I am alwasy in search of my HG %)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 4:57:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is part of the new Jillian Dempsey Sheer Spring collection. Goes on very smoothly and lasts pretty well without an e/s base. Shades are Pink Nude which is a pale nude pink with micro glitter, Shimmery Lime which is a pale lime green again with pale green and silver micro glitter,Khaki Cashmere is a light olive green with gold and green micro glitter and Washed Charcoal is a basic charcoal grey with blue and lavender micro glitter. I love all these shades minus the latter one. The Washed Charcoal is a basic and blah grey, not too exciting. I love the smoothness and easy blendability of these eyeshadows. Great basic product at a good price. Also I'm SO glad that Avon FINALLY put a mirror in their eyeshadow compacts! Makes this a much more usable item now. Will be looking into the other e/s quads in the newly revamped line.