October 23, 2014 | 831 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Pureness Products

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by AmyN24

I love this line!!! I'm asian and 14 years old with an oily-dry combination skin. It worked really well in controlling the excess oil on my face but this line helped my skin look clear and matified. The only thing about this line is the deep cleansing foam kind of dries out my skin but if you use the alcohol free softener and a moisturizer, your skin should look fine. Products that i used is 1)Deep Cleansing Foam 2)Balancing Softener Alcohol Free 3)Matifying Moisurizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Symphonae

I've been using the Shiseido Pureness Line since I was 12, in varying combinations. When I say that I've tried pretty much every product in the line, I'm not exaggerating either. In that time, I've settled on a core group of products that I do use, which includes the Deep Cleansing Foam, Balancing Softener (Alcohol Free), Mattifying Moisturizer (Oil Free), and the Moisturizing Gel Cream. Products that I use on a need by basis include the Blemish Clearing Gel, Pore Purifying Warming Scrub, and the Pore Minimizing Cooling Essence. I also used the Hydro Purifying Mask and Anti-Shine Refreshing Lotion regularly until it became unavailable in my area for whatever reason.

Long story short, I've had severe acne since I was 12 and went on the line to help combat it. I still had pretty bad acne when I started, but there was a huge improvement over my skin when I was not using the product. The main issue I had with the line is the price of the products as they can get rather pricey. However, when I tried switching to other brands (Neutrogena, La Roche-Posay, Olay, Cetaphil, Biore, Clean & Clear, honestly if you name it I've probably tried it) my acne would come back in full force.

Now, I'm not saying that it's a miracle cure, as it took me roughly 8 years before my skin calmed down and is semi-normal now. But I've tried switching to other lines in this time (and honestly I'm not sure if it's because my skin has gotten used to the line or something else) but my skin breaks out horribly whenever I do.

My current routine involves washing my face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I use the Deep Cleansing Foam both times, and the Balancing Softener / Mattifying Moisturizer combination in the morning and a Differin Cream / Moisturizing Gel Cream at night. I also use the Pore Minimizing Cooling Essence as needed at night, as I find if I try to use the Gel Cream / Pore Minimizing Cream during the day my skin tends to get rather greasy.

I also do not wear make up on a regular basis, but find that the Gel Moisturizer is great to mix in with my foundation when I do to give it a dewey sort of look and to reduce dry spots when I'm wearing the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent line. I personally like it very much. The packaging, scent, and of course it works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by infinityplus8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This line saved my skin! I LOVE it! I don't know why some reviews for this are so bad! I guess it depends on your skin type. I have dry and very sensitive skin. I had awesome skin up until about 4 years ago. I started getting horrible bumps ALL OVER my forehead and quite a few on my chin and nose. The ones that are huge and just hurt and are stuck there under your skin.
I got a sample of the cleansing foam, the toner (the regular one, not the oil control one), and the pureness gel moisturizer at a Shiseido event. I absolutely LOVE this stuff! It takes a while to work, so give it a good 2-3 weeks before you judge it. It is really worth it! The cleanser is not too harsh and not too drying, even for my picky skin!
So now I only conceal the slight redness around my nose, and my dark circles, and that's about it for skin makeup for me! :)
I do get bumps every once in a while, but only a few. Compared to what I had before, my skin is amazing now! I definitely recommend this, especially if you have dry and sensitive skin like mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by kdonnelly123

I am 23 years old and have always had perfect skin up until 10 months ago. I broke out with terrible acne and my skin became unbelievably dry. Since then I have been desperate to find a skincare line that worked for my combination skin and purchased many that did nothing (Normaderm, Proactive, Etival, Biotherm) I have been using the Pureness line for 1.5 months now. The first month things were not looking any better but the past 3 weeks my skin has gotten ALOT better (I also use Neostrata skin renewal Peel). I would reccomend this to anyone with combination skin since it has toned down my acne dramatically and left me with hydrated skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because the Shiseido counter lady told me that it would help my acne-prone/oily skin. It has no alcohol in it, nor any acne fighting ingredients, so it did nothing for preventing break-outs. I stopped using it after 3 weeks and gave it to my sister who doesn't have an acne problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Pureness Line delivers exactly what it says it will: it hydrates the dry spots (in my case, my cheeks), and mattifies the oily places (my t-zone). I actually look forward to washing my face every day. A definite bonus is the scent. I can't describe how wonderful this stuff smells...it's not harsh or strong, just a nice clean, slightly floral-y smell that refreshes you. Yes the price is steep, but you really get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i tried a sample of the cleanser, toner, and lotion, i have acne prone skin and used nothing but this for 4 days.
Cleanser: smells good,feels good, a little over drying
toner: similar results as cleanser
moisturizer: feels the best, very light and hydrating but you have to use alot for dryness because its not very thick.
cons: made me breakout. it made my skin feel good though. and it made it kinda dry..which made my skin become more oily throughout the day. i think i'm allergic to salicylic acid, so if you have problems with salicylic acid dont try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by regretia

I KNOW this stuff is overpriced, but I just can't resist. (Now how well did I sum up the shameless consumers of American there?) The packaging is lovely and pale blue, and the scent is soothing. It feels very nice on my skin. I even know that it's a bit drying, and it may not be the best for my skin. Although, so far, I haven't broken out once in the time that I've used this. I will definitely repurchase. I have the toner and the deep cleansing foam right now. The moisturizer really is too expensive for me, but it was my favorite out of the whole lineup. Woe, woe.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lipstickonthefilter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG HG HG HG!!! the pricing is worth it!!

amazing facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer. never had an issue and ive been using this line for years since i was a teenager. if i could only use one line for the rest of my life, it would be shiseido, since their makeup is nice too :)
i must have gone through at least 4 tubes of their cleanser and the stuff is huge!

its great for acneprone skin types, and i can say my skin is now clear and certainly less oily when i use these products.
stick with it and it will (probably!) fix your skin issues.