August 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Skincare - Body - Soap & Glory - Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS:
smells good
affordable
cute packaging
lathers well
moisturizing

CONS
none

Love this for a great scent, price, and hydration. I like to try new shower gels and creams but will probably repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by eodobasic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love it!
It makes my skin soft, and it smells wonderful. It washes of really easily, and is not greasy at all.
their motto of not having to "give up an arm and a leg to moisturize one" is catchy and completely true- the product is extremely cheap for its function.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

love, love, LOVE! i have always and forever been a bar-of-Dove-soap kinda girl but this is the product that has finally turned me. i don't even know what exactly it was that made me decide to pick up the little trial-sized bottle of this product one day when i was at Target but i'm very glad that i did. one of the first things i grew to absolutely adore about this shower gel was the fact that someone recognized the need to create something that was both creamy AND clarifying. i want to feel deeply cleaned but be left moisturized when i hop out of the shower, and that's exactly what this does. another wonderful thing about Clean on Me is that you don't need a shower poof to enjoy the full benefits of it's lather, like most shower gels. i'm not a big fan of the poof and so i love that i can use this on a washcloth and still get mountains of soft, rich lather that lasts through my entire (long) shower. i don't have the greatest sense of smell so if that's a dealbreaker for you i'd read some other reviews, i'm sure someone has covered it thoroughly, but to me it smells light, clean, and fresh. this definitely leaves my skin softer and more moisturized than your typical bar soap and i also think it has helped make me smoother! i have mild KP on the backs of my arms that i am constantly waging war against and i swear that using this product on a daily basis has helped keep things smoother and clearer. the packaging is a plastic pump bottle which is ideal for the shower and the price ($10) can't be beat for how long the product lasts. i just adore this shower gel and will continue using it forever! and kudos to Marcia Kilgore for creating a product line that's more affordable than Bliss in these tough economic times.
*UPDATE* 8/6/10 just updating to say that i still adore this product and haven't stopped using it since i first fell in love. in the summertime when it's hot and sticky out, sometimes i feel like i need to use a bodywash with some kind of salicylic or alpha hydroxy acids in it to ensure that my skin/pores stays nice and clear, but instead of abandoning this for some anti-acne bodywash that will dry me out i just add 2 pumps of one of my facewashes that has the right ingredients. works like a charm, so i thought i'd share.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by atoosagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shower gel has the best smell ever. It's very girly, foams nicely and leaves my skin very soft. It seems a little pricey at $13 CAD, but I have had this for 2 months and use 3 pumps a day/shower and I am only half done. It practically sells itself! I heart this stuff and most other Soap & Glory prdoucts too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SCL

I love Soap and Glory products!!! Their shower gel is beautiful, I adore the smell and it really does feel like a treat in the shower in the morning! The packaging is so kitsch and girly, lush!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had good luck with the Peachy Cream Body Butter so I saw this and grabbed it. I just love the scent of this! Kind of floral, kind of fresh, very lovely! Not a heavy scent that sticks with you for hours, but fun in the shower anyway. It lathers pretty good and rinses away clean, doesn't strip away moisture (doesn't seem to add it either but oh well). I admit I am a sucker for the retro packaging as well. All in all it is a very good body wash, a bit basic but I would repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Soap & Gory line, the child of Bliss founder, Marcia Kilgore, is one of the only skincare lines I would splash cash on in Boots. I certainly won't go near that awful The Sanctuary line, which is synthetic and smells like bad perfume bought from the market, despite its roots as a Covent Garden spa.

The skin on my face is so sensitive that I can't play around with my regime there. The shower is where I can have some fun, so I like to keep a whole sweet shop array of fruity, herby, soapy, bubbly, scrubby, lathery, minty, dreamy, frothy, creamy products. This clarifying shower gel is a fairly every-day, but good quality, up-lifting pruduct. Like the core line, it smells like Cartier Delices - boozy and sugared. It's a pleasant, giggly aroma.

The lather is creamy and rich, and the lactic acid, though quite far down the list, does at the very least refresh skin, even if it doesn't exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by emmalcm

I love this stuff! It leaves your skin really soft and I really like the smell. The only thing I don't like is the pump it comes in, just because you have to pump it a few times to get a decent amount out, but I can overlook that because I like the product so much. I recently bought a gift set with this in for a friend's birthday and I've got her hooked on it too! I'll definitely be buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Dillydonna

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought the smell was strange at first, but oddly I adore it now. This cleans, exfoliates, and moisturizes. I can't get enough of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by brighthair84

like this product - it lost one mark on the packaging as you have to pump it a few times to get a decent amount
smells nice, lathers really well and has also got rid of those annoying bumps on my upper arms which is a bonus!