April 17, 2014 | 1682 users online

Moisturizers - Christian Dior - Capture R60-80 Ultimate Wrinkle Creme

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got a sample tube of this. It smells synthetic like soap and my skin got bumpy the next day. Who would pay so much for such a poor product? I got another sample tube which I would trust only on my neck skin. On the only positive note, CD gives pretty generous samples.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by LeoBabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This wonderfully light cream virtually disappears on the skin, leaving nothing but a dewy finish. It's ideal for any type of skin. Make-up slips over it easily. A rich indulgence with a wonderful fragrance, as well. The packaging is ok, it’s a plastic jar with silver lit, but it does come with a small applicator.

Dior Capture R60/80 XP Ultimate Wrinkle Restoring Crème is one of the best anti-aging creams that are out today in my opinion. When I first start using this product I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin texture. It nourished and evened out my skin tone. It’s supple, comforting cream that corrects all visible signs of aging, wrinkles, sagging of skin and radiance, and evens the surface of the complexion. The skin is strengthened and smoothed revealing a natural glow. I have been using this product for several years.

I believe that the reason why this cream is so successful is because of its ingredient called phosphatidycholine. Phosphatidycholine is rather interesting. It isn't going to be easy to try to explain what phosphatidycholine is without resorting to some long words. Anyway, I shall try to keep this as simple as I can. Phosphatidycholine is the predominant phospholipid (something that is in all life forms) of all cell membranes and of the circulating blood lipoproteins. It is made up of glycerol and fatty acids. Some people take it as an oral supplement because they believe that it improves mental faculties. Plus it is an important nutrient for the liver.

Phosphatidycholine contains choline (and this is the interesting part), therefore, it is a precursor to messenger molecules that go from cell to cell. And it can improve and protect cells and membrane damaged by free radicals. This ingredient along with other Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, and Potentilla Erecta Root Extract, must be the main factors in the cell and wrinkle targeting ability of the Capture cream. For the full list of Dior Capture R60/80 XP Ultimate Wrinkle Restoring Crème ingredients, and their info read my blog: http://oohlalabeadtique.com/blog-about-beading-tutorials-and-beaded-jewelry-info/56-personal/183-dior-capture-r6080-xp-ultimate-wrinkle-restoring-creme-review

Again I like to point out some rather concerning ingredients that make Dior Capture R60/80 XP Ultimate Wrinkle Restoring Crème, and those are several alcohol ingredients. Alcohol ingredients in cosmetics if used daily, can cause a potential free-radical damage and collagen breakdown within the skin. If possible you should avoid daily use cosmetics that contain large percentage of alcohol, even better try using only alcohol free ingredients. The same group of ingredients that raised red flags with me while using Christian Dior products has been Capture R60/80 XP Yeux Wrinkle Correction Eye Cream, appears in the this face cream. The group is known as parabens, (Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben) all present in the cream. High concentrations of parabens are known to mimic estrogen in the body and affect the growth of breast tissue and malignant breast tumors. (Journal of Applied Toxicology, 2004 Jan-Feb;24(1):5-13).

I like this cream a lot and I’ve achieved very good results with it. But now that I’m very ingredient conscious, I’d only give it 4 star rating, as there are several ingredients composing Dior Capture R60/80 XP Ultimate Wrinkle Restoring Crème, that raise some serious concerns. In my opinion the questionable ingredients will not affect my skin instantly, rather over longer time with its daily use. The cream is very effective, not greasy and pleasant to use, but I’d not purchase it again. I choose to use a cream that is composed of healthier ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Remy2106

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cream for a month, once a day in the evening together with One Essential serum. The texture is rich but pleasant, frangrance is mild, provides good hydration and I feel the overall texture of my skin has improved, and it helps in diminishing minor (almost invisible) lines on the forehead. However the effect is not that dramatic, as more prominent lines around the mouth are still there (I will update after I use up the jar). In the meantime I would recommend this as a preventative measure against future wrinkles.
Update: No miracle, but yes this cream is effective. I have finished the jar and the vertical lines have improved significantly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by suhsoonok

EDIT: I've knocked off some lippies and given up. I know this seems premature but here is the reason. The company states that after a month wrinkles should be diminishing. I have looked carefully at my wrinkled area in the big scary mirror downstairs with very good lighting not my forgiving mirror that I usually use. My face looks exactly the same pre-Capture creme. This is cack. I'm returning it while I still have the chance.
I only just started using this about a week ago. I will update later if something changes because sometimes results do shift some.
My friend uses Chantecaille Bio-dynamic and because of my allergies and the cost I chose to pass on that one but was shopping around for something that would perform similarly as the skin on my face isn't getting any younger.
This has great consistency. I have tried the Creme Ancienne and found it odd to warm it between your fingers before using it. I never knew if I was using the correct amount or not. My skin was so sensitive it ended up reacting to it anyway. This one you are supposed to warm similarly but I don't. While dense it isn't horribly thick/waxy so I didn't see the need.
I use this only in the problem areas of my face so far but if all goes well I'm probably going to start putting it everywhere.
At first I did notice some itching. There was no rash and it wasn't very intense. I don't know if there was a lot of cell turnover or what the heck was going on but after a few days it stopped so I didn't discontinue use.
So far what has happened is my lines have disappeared. Yes, disappeared in a week. Keep in mind that my lines were fine and not deep. This product does claim to perform in this manner after 3months. While the biodynamic my friend uses creates facial contractions @ $295 for 1.7 oz it stopped working the minute she stopped using it and her wrinkles came back. This is $100 for 1.7 oz and it builds collagen up from bellow the skins surface. I am assuming the collagen would take awhile to deplete after you stopped using it and so the wrinkles wouldn't come back immediately. With a lot of "miracle" creams I have tried by the next application time my lines have reappeared. Well, I guess I won't be able to tell you for sure because I'm not going to stop using this anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Rosie51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I spent £100 on this product. The jar is very heavy and difficult to get the product out.

But worse of all if I put it anywhere near my eyes it burns the skin. I also brought the eye cream in this and had to take it back to get a refund, which I only got after a lot of arguing with the assistant in Boots who wanted me to send it back to the company myself!

It does give my skin a glow but that is all.

I am using up the cream on my neck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the new Capture 60/80 XP Ultimate Wrinkle Restoring Serum.
I love it, and I don't regret splurging on it so far. I've only used it 3 times at night before bed, and I already noticed a huge change in my complexion - pores look extremely clean and almost inexistant (I don't have large pores to begin with, but the ones that I do have look much better), the face looks smoother and brighter, and dare I say - less oily.
I don't have any deep wrinkles so I cannot comment on that, but I do hope that this serum will eventually fill in the fine lines I have, and prevent future ones from happening.
My face looks so nice and plump right now, and it looks like my few acne scars have lightened???
I also love the smell, it's not strong at all, and it's extremely pleasant to me, and the fact that the serum is not at all greasy, and it does not make me oilier.
I think the bottle will last me a long time, you only need a little to cover the entire face and neck.
I wish it was cheaper, but well...as long as it performs, I can't complain. Anyway, on me it works way better than any of the cheaper skincare stuff I've tried (Avene, LRP, and the likes).
EDIT 10/16/2008: Downgrading...it does make me oilier, and it doesn't do much else for me. It might have broken me out a bit actually...not using it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:59:00 AM More reviews by wiggleit76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My 58 year old smoker mother recommended this for my as I have really deep frown lines on my forehead at only 30. Her skin is beautifully smooth and plump for her age (no I promise she's had no surgical intervention!)

I really can't praise this day cream enough, it's nice and moisturizing and does not irritate my dry sensitive skin. And best of all, used in conjuction with Capture Total night cream, but frown lines continue to be significantly reduced, and my make up goes on really beautifully.

The fragrance is a little off-putting, but for the results I will happily over-look that.

If you want great results fast invest in this and the night cream!