November 27, 2014 | 1629 users online

Moisturizers - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Ritual Nuit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by satouame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I received this as a tiny sample when I ordered some makeup and skincare online. I never really knew what to do with it and I was afraid the anti-aging properties would mess with my acne prone skin so it just lay around for months. I am in my 20s and don't really need anti-aging products for my face just yet, but I recently developed a strange mottled dark patch of skin on my arm (possibly a sunspot from the intense amount sun exposure my arms get while horseback riding despite the sunscreen I slather on) and decided to try this stuff on it. Boy, I should have taken before and after pictures! Before I tried this stuff I was worried that dark spot would linger forever, however, Dior Nuit COMPLETELY got rid of it in a matter of DAYS! (3 days to be exact). I put it on the first night as an experiment not expecting any results, but when I woke in the morning I realized that the spot was significantly lighter so I continued to put it on at night for two more nights till the spot was gone. This product seems to be a powerful exfoliator, encouraging the removal of the top layer of skin that had the dark spot and doing what my exfoliating in the shower could not. I can't give a completely accurate review of this product because I did not use it on my face as you are supposed to, but I would purchase the full size product if I had the money simply because it was extremely effective. I am impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by kerish345

I got a tiny sample of this moisturizer from the Dior counter @ macys.
I was immediately impress the moment I applied it.
The creme went on smoothly. A small amount goes a long way. My skin was instantly hydrated and looked calmed.
The morning after I noticed that my face still look hydrated like I had just had a good night sleep . I did use this over my Estee Lauder serum .My face looked refreshed but not "glowing" . I am on my 3rd day using my tiny sample but so far I am liking this product. I won't be purchasing the full size however as I am in search of an affordable but enriching face creme. This is beyond my budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mperrick1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the whole Totale regime by Dior, and I am making this review to correct a review below posted by chanel227. It was stated in their review that the presence of Dior's token Longoza plant extract was nonexistent in this night time treatment product. This statement is incorrect. Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract is the Longoza plant and can readily be found in this product and the others in the line. The product is awesome, it's worth the investment!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I got some samples and although has nice texture smells overmuch.smells nice but the sent is toooooooooooooo strong,shockingly strong.This is a cream-oil texture but I found it more gel than oil.moisturizes well,although for my oily skin this product was too oily,you feel a nice sensation when you apply it.But I noticed something funny this product according to dior is Dior's spectacular antiaging breakthrough with multi-correction ingredients including longoza, a rare revitalizing plant grown only in Madagascar that increases skin resilience, firmness, and texture. Yet itís not present anywhere in this product take a look at the ingredients Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Methylparaben, C12-14 Pareth-12, Faex (Yeast Extract), Tromethamine, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Carbomer, Limonene, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Fagus Sylvatica Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cellulose Gum, Polysorbate 20, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sodium Metabisulfite, Chlorphenesin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Potentilla Erecta Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzoic Acid, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Linalool, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, CI 14700 (Red 4), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, BHT, CI 42090 (Blue 1), Tocopherol. I thing that this is just Itís a mediocre option for normal to dry skin.
UPDATE:I have to admit that I was wrong.This product does contain the planifolia extract.Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract,That for me doesn't change anything.Even if this ingredient can correct signs of aging is listed quite low in the ingredients list and the fact that is listed after parabens and preservatives makes it useless for the skin.I believe that this moisturizer may be moisturizing for someone,also may not caused someone,with not so sensitive skin,to break out but I m 100% sure that this product CAN NOT reverse the aging process.If someone have used this product and ACTUALLY saw something different I ll be very happy to know that because first of all this will be the proof that I haven't spend 150 euros for nothing,because honestly the only think that this product gave me until now is acne.And when I say different I mean really different I want to see pictures with wrinkles and pictures without wrinkles.Just a well moisturized,glow face it's not enough proof for me so to spend 150 euros on a moisturizer my skin can look moisturized and glow with Vaseline also.Because we all do those reviews to help each other I m telling you that if you think that vanilla extract can do something good for your skin Chanels sublimage serum contains vanilla extract and it's listed as third or fourth ingredient so it will be much more effective

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually don't like CD skincare but this night cream seems really good. I got some samples. It has an interesting oil-creme texture and really smoothes and treats the skin overnight. Maybe worth trying... I am thinking of trying some more samples or to buy the full size.---- EDIT (6/6/2009). I have bought that cream and after using it for aprox. 2-3 months I am not satisfied. It is not good in a long run: although it looks rich -- it doesn't moisturize well... my skin is somehow dry, dehydrated and congested. I have to go back to my Sisley and Darphin routine.... Wouldn't repurchase. I think I would not experiment with CD skincare again: seems that it is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by wiggleit76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I know this is a really expensive product, but boy does this deliver! Firstly the packaging is just beautiful, with the instructions coming in a little envelope and the jar a shiny lilac/purple colour, as well as a scoop so you don't have to put your fingers in the cream.

Right onto the cream, I am 30 years old with very deep frown lines and dry sensitive skin that tends to lack radiance.

Well after just ONE application, I woke up in the morning and my frown lines were so substantially reduced that I had to get really up close to the mirror to see them! My skin looked a bit plumper and far more radiant. I've only been using it a few days, but if this is the result after such a short time I will stick with this cream forever!

My 58 year old mother has also been using this product for a couple of months and she recommended it after I noticed how nice her skin looked, even though she is a smoker, the skin is smooth and not as saggy as it was.

If that isn't an endorsement I don't know what is!