I recently decided to try WO on my face and let's just say it didn't work. I picked this up at London Drugs, years ago I tried it and found it too heavy, but I thought it's probably been reformulated by now. I was very impressed by this product. It moisturizes quickly and for my pale skin, almost acts like a tinted moisturizer. My skin looks even and fresh. Over the past 3 months of using this every day I've noticed an improvement in my skin - less breakouts, less fine lines, less oily/dry patches.
I do plan on switching to a higher SPF for the summer months but for now this is fine (I live in British Columbia) The price is right as well and it's easy to find pretty much anywhere. I highly recommend this to someone who has combination skin like I do. The only con is that it does have that "sunscreen" smell but it goes away quickly. I don't wear make up so I'm unable to say if this works well under/over foundation.
I had an old bottle of this that I LOVED. Since switching to the new bottle (my old bottle expired, and since it has chemical UV filters I figured it was time) my skin has seemed more oily. That's my only complaint though.
Other than the increase in oiliness, it's a nice, lightweight, relatively cheap moisturizer. I love that it's broad spectrum, so I'm honestly not sure what I'll do when I'm done this bottle — there's not a lot on the market that is a similar price, similar quality, and has broad spectrum UV protection. I might try the combination/oily-skin bottle next.
My daughter loves this lotion, it doesn't break her out and provides enough moisture and SPF protection for her needs although she says it makes her nose a little oily. Great value too for a 100ml bottle which should last her about 6 months.
I have been using this product for years (since about 2006, I think). I used to really like this product because I hadn't found another product that has SPF but wouldn't make me super oily.
Flash forward to 2013, I no longer like this product that much. A few years back, I switched to a different moisturizer that also had SPF. However, the Olay one is much more accessible to me so I decided to try it again. The moment that I put this moisturizer on my face, it looks oily. My skin gets crazy oily by itself and this product did not help.
- Not your typical sunscreen. Moisturises but also provides decent SPF 15 coverage from the sun's harmful rays during winter. (NB: I've read a few reviews by reviewers where they've turned their noses up at the SPF 15. SPF 15 actually only permits 1/15th of the sun's rays to be absorbed on the skin. Essentially, it's providing 93% protection from UVA and UVB rays. Don't forget to apply liberally to get all the SPF 15 on your face and other exposed body parts!)
- Does not break me out (acne-prone combination skin with oily T-zone, relatively dry cheeks and occasionally peeling nose)
- Does not make me excessively oily after applying. It gives me a natural pretty glow in my cheeks when my face hits the sunlight =)
- Watery consistency that makes reapplying a pleasant, quick and swift experience
- Portable and easily stored in bag. The cap is securely locked to prevent leakage of the product.
- Pleasant subtle smell. But then, I don't have a very sensitive nose.
- Reasonably priced at AU $14 for 150mL
- None. I only wish they made this SPF30 and still the same price at 150mL. I'm aware there's an SPF30 bottle but it's still the same price for half the product, 75mL!
i still cannot bring myself to understand why so many people like this. this ruined my skin! this made my skin break out in a rash, and gave me cystic pimples to top it off! this is coming from someone that doesn't break out very often at all! i know that i have sensitive skin, but i wasn't expecting this from olay. also, this moisturizer leaves me quite greasy. i just hate this product. it has been a nightmare. sensitive skin gals, beware.
At first I really like this product because I found it to be moisturizing and it left my skin feeling nice and plump... also it has spf so an extra bonus! (By the way i have acne prone skin that is combo so I got the one for combo skin)
The packaging is simple but practical, just a bottle where you squeeze out the lotion (but not through a pump)... Price wise I give it a 4 cause I got it for like 7-9 dollars and thats (I would say) the average price of any other moisturizer you might find at the drugstore.
However, I began to absolutely HATE THIS SO MUCHH. Just after a couple days, I stopped feeling that nice plump skin feeling and my skin began to get really dry so I put some extra around my mouth and any other place where my skin felt like it was tight/tugging... and BAM! I BROKE OUT SO BADLY. I couldnt believe that this happened cause it was so good to me in the beginning!
I dont think I'll be using this on my face any time soon anymore (maybe my body).. So acne-prone or sensitive skin people, be careful!!
I didn't like the sun screen feeling (subtle sent?) Of this but i got past that pretty quickly. It's not heavy & not watery at all. I apply this before makeup and it doesn't make me oily.
An ok moisturizer but it leaves my face feeling oily.
I have bought this product several times because of the price. I'm not a huge fan of Olay in general(I'm more of a Neutrogena girl myself), but I do like this product. It's very reasonably priced and easy to use. Not an "all day" moisturizer though, as I find myself needing to apply extra moisturizer throughout the day. But I will probably be buying this again...