August 22, 2014 | 1707 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A really great pressed powder, works well over bb cream. Good coverage. I have acne and redness and this definately works supet well to cover up redness. With acne, you would have to use concealer. But I just use a powder brush all over my face, and it lasts most of the day without touch ups. Does get slightly cakey if you over apply. Also no irritation or breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by shabzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this product!! i have been using this for years. i think this is one of the best pressed powders i have ever used it gives me the full coverage i need and feels good on my skin. I cannot believe this is being discontinued! This worked perfectly well with my any foundations that I apply. I cannot find any thing as good as get even nothing can beat this product not even hello flawless I don’t think il be visiting benefits counters again unless they bought back get even.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sapiosexual

I gave this product a 4, does it deserve a 4? Likely not. And here's why: Benefit's get even powder is a god send for me. It brightens my complexion, and it makes for a wonderful touch up powder should I need to do so later on in the day. Why then, if it's as wonderful as I say, do I insist it does not deserve a 4? Why, because it's a discriminating powder. This baby only works for the sallow skinned in my experience. The tones in this powder are so distinctly yellow, and while my Asian skin finds no issue in that, I fear pale porcelain skinned beauties with pink notes in their faces will find this powder lacking to say the least. I speak from experience, my best friend is frightfully pale and adorably red cheeked and pink skinned, this powder made her look like she was dead, like she was wearing a mask, like she'd just taken a horrific chemistry exam, like someone had stolen her car. The feel is wonderful, but when I review Get Even, I must take into account its distributive abilities, which in this case, is limited at best. If you have pink notes in your skin and find this works for you however, that's great! It just didn't work out for anyone pale and pink in my personal experience.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by rosymel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have shade #2 in this product, and I must say I love this stuff. I don't use foundation, but I do have pink areas on my face (especially cheeks and chin) because of really mild rosacea. This evens out my colour and reduces the redness without making me feel like I have a ton of makeup on. It's easy to apply (I use the sponge it comes with because I'm lazy like that) and stays on my face well. I do find it can be drying, and I am not fond of the flaky look, so I have to remember to moisturize well before I apply it. Sometimes my skin is a bit oily/shiny in the t-zone, so the Get Even mattifies after I first put it on, but a slight shine comes back by the end of the day. I don't mind it, but if you have really oily or dry skin I don't think I'd recommend this product.

Overall, it's perfect for someone like me who occasionally wants to cover redness and even out skin tone, but doesn't like heavy products and doesn't want to spend a lot of time applying makeup. My compact has lasted me for a couple of years, but when it runs out, I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought shade 2 which is slightly too light for me, but overall this provided terrific coverage and I would purchase again if the shade was correct.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by zohra4786

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got really oily skin in my t zone, my cheeks, and my nose area but the area around my lips and chin is quite dry. I was all done with my Maybelline Dream Matte powder in the lightest shade and I was using my mothers Lancôme powder but I decided I wanted to try a new product. I went into the store to check out urban decay's de slick but the attendant was just really stubborn and pushy and told me to try out the benefit get even powder.
So it's definitely not a bad product but it's more of a powder foundation than a blotting powder. And I HATE cakey/powdery looking skin and that's why I dislike powder foundations - still if it was just a lighter consistency and not so heavy I think I would really love it but realistically I can't touch up my face with this powder without looking like a fool (I use shade 2 because I've got a yellow tone to my skin). I'm really disappointed because for $30 I should love this product... Ugh now I have to make another trip to Ulta to return this product and find something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this as a blotting powder but layered for fuller coverage it looks bad emphasizing all the wrong things every little line and hair also not good for dry sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Klee18

I recently invested in this, and fell in love. I use it as a setting powder over flawless finish liquid foundation, and it works miracles. I have yellow undertones and #2 fits me well. As far as oil control - I don't see much of a difference. Lasts pretty,one with minimal touch ups!!(HG for sure)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

This is my favorite pressed powder!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by princesskitty21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have trouble finding warm-toned face products that are for very pale skin. I don't think this will work for someone with very beige/cool coloring, but then again, most products are tailored to this shade of skin, so just use something else and get over it. Anyway, the color is perfect for covering redness. The powder itself is what I have a problem with. It's very soft (not oil free), but also very chalky. I used it once with a powder brush and it's all over the packaging right now. My main problem: it made me look like I have wrinkles when I am only 23 years old! This stuff stuck to every wrinkle and hair on my face when using a brush. Sponge seemed to work better. I also don't think it will last for the price, as others have said. It is so chalky that a lot of product is wasted without actually going on the skin.