Dove Unscented Beauty Bar

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 6/28/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is currently my favorite version of Dove beauty bar.
In Canada it's one of only 3 "flavours" if you will, that don't have dipropylene glycol. I personally have a problem with that ingredient.
The other two FYI are: Dove baby, both scented and unscented.

I have wildly varying degrees of sensitive combo/dry skin. Simply browsing my profile here on MUA shows I've pretty much tried everything from $2.00-$70.00.
Simply put: for me less is more. All the stuff-from the Clarisonic to muslin cloths from AHAs to simple witch hazel-to try and help achieve a smooth pore less texture have resulted in a the very opposite.
Dove is what I've used with the most success. There I'll stay.
***UPDATE*** naturally, the formula of all version have changed. Thanks to the Canadian protectionist act, a lot of good things are being kept out of my country and that which is made here can often be cheap and crappy in comparison to US and UK versions. Such is the case with Dove which is made by Unilever Canada. I cannot use this as a face wash any more. It's drying and pore clogging :(
As a tangential side note, I can't wait until the Canadian government changes in the fall.

on 3/7/2015 10:21:00 AM

For years I've wondered why my cousins only use dove soap. Well I recently found out how amazing it is, I've always had really bad acne, and decided to try this as a face wash after my friend suggested it. OMG this works better than any acne wash I've ever used!!!! and cheap too!

on 2/28/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As someone who has dealt with allergies, asthma, and eczema most of my life I'm pretty well versed in what products to use. I generally don't have too many issues with bath soap, even the scented ones but for some reason this one has caused mild irritation. This is truly fragrance free, and moisturizing. It can be used for face of body. I was suggested this after a lecture from my doctor (sometimes I indulge in scenty things) and was going to use this as my everyday bath soap. I have a different albeit somewhat price product I use when I have eczema flares. I can't say this is a bad product, I'm obviously in a tiny minority reacting to this. It cleanses well, and produces a nice lather and is very affordable.

on 11/24/2014 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I use this on my face every other day. its very moisturizing and cleans the skin very well. it makes my skin glow and helps with my rosacea. i love this and will repurchase.

on 8/3/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Only soap my daughter has been able to use. Not even baby soap was gentle enough for her.
This is a staple bar in our household.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used to use this on my face for almost four years and everything was fine. I have hormonal acne and I'm on spironolactone for it, so when I was using this soap a few years ago, slowly but surely all of my acne went away. Last year I started getting itchy huge red pimples on my face and I could not figure out what it was? I couldn't believe I was breaking out like this since I'm on spiro. A few months ago, I stopped using this soap and switch to all natural products. Ever since I've stopped, I haven't had those itchy red spots. I'm thinking they changed the ingredients or it just doesn't work for me anymore. It also dried my cheeks out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the soap my dermatologist suggested to me about two years ago, and I've been using it ever since. If I don't take care of my face or if I use harsh, non-sensitive skin products on my face, I'll have a breakout of perioral dermatitis.
This looks almost like a rash around your mouth and nose. It only effects women.
So, my dermatologist told me this soap will be safe for me to use everyday.
It's very simple, but it gets the job done. I highly recommend to anyone with sensitive skin or if you're affected my perioral dermatitis too.

on 5/12/2014 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this bar. I searched forever for a simple cleanser and finally tried this after reading MUA reviews. I've been using it for the past year or so when I wash my face in the morning & at night. It doesn't dry my skin out, doesn't leave soapy residue, & doesn't cause breakouts. I should probably note that if I use just the bar without prior makeup removal efforts (like makeup wipes or coconut oil), sometimes there is foundation/concealer residue, but I've had that issue with almost every face wash I've used. Not sure if it's HG status quite yet, but I have & will buy this again as it is extremely affordable & works very well.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for my facial acne, which isn't bad, I just have a few on my chin. It help with my acne a bit, but it was more helpful with the irratation on the side of my nose :) It was burning, itching, red, and pretty painful when I moved or twitched it :( But after using this, my nose feels a lot better! With just one use! So if you have irratation anywhere on your face, try this :) And it's only like $2 or $3 =)

on 2/11/2013 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

ok i used this like 2 years ago and was pretty bad was using pears soap which was good before the change but yeah i used this and when i washed my face it was great no tightness or anythign or irritation but after few days i noticed when i woke up was very dry skin and red plus as days went on i got blackheads and some spots and came to point i couldnt use it as was really messing with skin so then i went back to pears and cleared up but still had some dry skin. now i use nivea for mens sensitive range as its a good soap free cleanser and gentle, many brands are good but i try to stay with big ones as less chance of them cheating ingredients and so on but skin is clear and 2 products i hate are this and biore cleanser.