April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by reaverpetermycroftstephen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my facial acne, which isn't bad, I just have a few on my chin. It help with my acne a bit, but it was more helpful with the irratation on the side of my nose :) It was burning, itching, red, and pretty painful when I moved or twitched it :( But after using this, my nose feels a lot better! With just one use! So if you have irratation anywhere on your face, try this :) And it's only like $2 or $3 =)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by cooljiain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok i used this like 2 years ago and was pretty bad was using pears soap which was good before the change but yeah i used this and when i washed my face it was great no tightness or anythign or irritation but after few days i noticed when i woke up was very dry skin and red plus as days went on i got blackheads and some spots and came to point i couldnt use it as was really messing with skin so then i went back to pears and cleared up but still had some dry skin. now i use nivea for mens sensitive range as its a good soap free cleanser and gentle, many brands are good but i try to stay with big ones as less chance of them cheating ingredients and so on but skin is clear and 2 products i hate are this and biore cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Makes you feel super clean. Most soaps leave my skin with a rash but most Dove soaps do not, the unscented is my favourite. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by scandalous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this so many times I've lost count. Its a great gentle moisturizing bar that can be used on your face or body. If using on your face, I would recommend a separate product to remove makeup first, and then cleanse again after with this soap. Also fantastic for cleaning makeup brushes!

This was originally recommended to me by my dermatologist to cleanse my skin when I was on accutane and Retin A

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by indierocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have skin that is very healthy and clean as said by my dermatologist she also said i have a skin type that could try anything.

I tried this because one of my friends just told me to try it with out information is she tried it or not.

So I bought it and washed my face and the first two weeks were fine but after two weeks it was beginning to stop cleaning and moisturizing. The effect just doze off.

But my skin is naturally I never got blackheads/whiteheads. I would get acne about once every few months/years.

But this started giving me blackheads and dried out my skin.

But I dont wear make-up and only wash my face in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by aybubs

HOLY GRAIL! this is by far my favorite soap! im a soap kinda girl cause i have sensitive skin. this cleared up my body acne! as well. it is soooo moisturiizing. you dont need lotion afterwards. i usually use this as face wash too. i really miss this soap! im trying to use up other soaps like caress! the only problem i have with this is that it runs out reallllly fast!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few soaps that does not aggravate my skin. It used to be my HG soap until I learned that Dove tests on animals, and the active ingridiants are derived from animal by products.

Ingridiants: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

sodium tallowate. This soap compound is the natural result of combining sodium hydroxide (lye) with animal beef tissue. Tallow is considered by some to clog pores, cause blackheads, and increase eczema for those individuals with sensitive skin. (BEEF TISSUE! no wonder fragrance is added to most soaps).

A better alternative to Dove is glycerine soap or vegatable based soap. You'll probably need to hit up your local health food store to find them,but it will be worhwhile.

here is one I found online:

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It makes my skin just as dry and tight as any other soap, and when I tried it on my face it gave me deep, painful, red pimples :( Ouch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I love this soap. I enjoy using fancy shower gels to wash, but I shave every other day and like to use soap to do it. I like that now I have nothing competing with/covering up the scent of my shower gel. Other Dove soaps always break me out if I use them on my face, but this doesn't. It's also good for days when I have a headache or otherwise don't want any scent at all. When I use it as a body cleanser, I smell and feel completely clean, even if I used it in a cold shower. It doesn't smell great---there's a reason why most products are fragranced to some degree---but what smell there is goes away quickly. I do feel like it lathers more than the other Dove soaps, but it isn't drying for me. I'll be buying this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Cleans well and does not irritate my skin. I prefer the scented Dove, but this is a staple in both mine and my mother's households.