The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Citrus Paradisi Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao Butter, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Yellow 6, Red 33.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like the formulas The Body Shop uses for their Body Butter. I've tried so many but a lot of times the body butters or lotions just end up drying out my skin even more in the long run. TBS's body butters don't.

This stuff is amazing. I always put it on after shaving my legs, they just feel so smooth and the usual redness and bumps don't even stand a chance against this. The butters do a fantastic job at moisturizing and making my skin soft without being oily or sticky for very long. They have a thicke consistency.

The pink grapefruit scent is definitely noticeable, but it doesn't bother me as I usually use it on my lower body. The scent is a nice grapefruit/citrus with some sourness, which I like. Not sweet at all.

on 3/21/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

It got this body butter mainly for the purpose of layering it with the Pink Grapefruit Body Mist, so that their delish scent would last longer. But I was surprised at the quality of this product. It has a truly buttery consistency - firm, but very easy to spread. And even though this is recommended for normal skin, I find it quite moisturizing on my super dry lower legs, knees and elbows, without being greasy. I'm very satisfied and would definitely repurchase it.

on 1/16/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Where is the grapefruit in this?? I'm a sucker for anything grapefruit...LOVE Burt's Bees grapefruit lip balm. But this smells like Play Doh. In fact, most of their body butters do. The only ones I've smelled so far that smell like anything other than wax or play doh are the clementine and the mango. For twenty bucks, I want it to at least smell pleasant. So no thanks, I'll stick with Tree Hut body butters.

on 6/24/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a mini-tub of this on sale for about $3.00 - which was fine. Smells wonderful like a zippy cut grapefruit. Thick but not too thick - still spreadable and very hydrating for legs, feet and elbows. A nice choice for summertime.

on 6/22/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I tried this body butter in the mini size in January and I really really enjoyed it.

This body butter regularly goes for $20CDN but if you're patient you can always snag a tub on sale and that is what I love about The Body Shop.

The scent is super lovely. It's a bright, summery, juicy smell that has the scent of real grapefruits. You can even smell the slight bitterness that grapefruits have when you bite into them. The Pink Grapefruit scent is easily my favourite from the Body Shop's permanent core line.

The body butter itself is softly tinted pink and has a softer texture compared to the Blueberry Body Butter I've tried (Blueberry is really hard! Exactly like cold margarine!). The Pink Grapefruit Body Butter is stiff but it is still quite soft. It won't slide around in the tub - it's more rigid - but you can dig your fingers into it quite easily.

Once again the moisture here is supreme. Lasts a full 24 hours, just like the package says. My dry skin loves this stuff so much. Doesn't take too long to sink in either so long as you don't scoop out too much.

I will definitely repurchase this flavour! Makes my skin feel as fresh and juicy as the scent!

on 6/2/2014 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this body butter. This product hands-down is one of my ultimate favourite body butters and I swear that I will wear it for as long as The Body Shop will let me.
The smell of this body butter is so strong and will last absolutely all day. The formula is fantastic; it glides on easily and deeply hydrates your skin without being too oily or shiny.
And the smell -let's go back to the smell- it smells so heavenly. You know when you finally try your first highly pigmented eyeshadow and you're blown away by how vivacious the colour is? That was my exact reaction when I tried this body butter for the first time- I was getting everyone to smell me!
If you're a citrus lover, then this scent is for you! It's so absolutely perfect. Honestly, for me, this right here is the pinnacle of citrus scents.

on 4/13/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a pink grapefruit scent-a-holic, this stuff is amazing & HG status to me. It moisturizes beautifully-- makes my skin feel great.

You really have to already love the smell of grapefruit to like this. My SO who absolutely despises grapefruit anything, told me this smells like cat piss. But then he says that about everything grapefruit scented that I have.

So citrus, grapefruit type scent haters beware, you will probably dislike this body butter. Bc of my SO's strong reaction to this, I don't ever wear it to work (I work in close proximity to patients at a hospital) but I have zero problem wearing it around him bc I love it that much lol.

If you're a grapefruit lover like me, this is a must buy.

on 4/12/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this may be one of the only Body Shop butters I don't like much. The formula is great as with the others and this one is a tad lighter than my favorite Shea. The smell though. I don't know, it's just not something I could stand after I was finished with it.

I typically am not a huge citrus fan but I do like the pink grapefruit smells. This one just got on my nerves for some reason. Other than the scent, the product is great and does a good job.

I LOVE the link grapefruit shower gel. Its one of my favourite products. The body butter doesn't smell as strong or sweet though. Its not as rich as the other body butters either which is the highlight of the body shop body butters compared to other body butters (in england). Its nice and I like it And the range but I have got the pink grapefruit body spray and shower gel and got a raspberry body butter when I finished this one. I managed to get this in a 50g sample which was quite nice and obviously cheaper but the other ones are huge and take up a lot of room and I am not sure if the smaller version was as an introduction when it first came out. Prefer the shower gel.

on 1/26/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Want to like this but its so overpowering, so strong and clashes with any other fragrance you might want to wear! Wont buy again that's for sure!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products