August 1, 2014 | 1152 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Pink Grapefruit Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a mini-tub of this on sale for about $3.00 - which was fine. Smells wonderful like a zippy cut grapefruit. Thick but not too thick - still spreadable and very hydrating for legs, feet and elbows. A nice choice for summertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this body butter in the mini size in January and I really really enjoyed it.

This body butter regularly goes for $20CDN but if you're patient you can always snag a tub on sale and that is what I love about The Body Shop.

The scent is super lovely. It's a bright, summery, juicy smell that has the scent of real grapefruits. You can even smell the slight bitterness that grapefruits have when you bite into them. The Pink Grapefruit scent is easily my favourite from the Body Shop's permanent core line.

The body butter itself is softly tinted pink and has a softer texture compared to the Blueberry Body Butter I've tried (Blueberry is really hard! Exactly like cold margarine!). The Pink Grapefruit Body Butter is stiff but it is still quite soft. It won't slide around in the tub - it's more rigid - but you can dig your fingers into it quite easily.

Once again the moisture here is supreme. Lasts a full 24 hours, just like the package says. My dry skin loves this stuff so much. Doesn't take too long to sink in either so long as you don't scoop out too much.

I will definitely repurchase this flavour! Makes my skin feel as fresh and juicy as the scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this body butter. This product hands-down is one of my ultimate favourite body butters and I swear that I will wear it for as long as The Body Shop will let me.
The smell of this body butter is so strong and will last absolutely all day. The formula is fantastic; it glides on easily and deeply hydrates your skin without being too oily or shiny.
And the smell -let's go back to the smell- it smells so heavenly. You know when you finally try your first highly pigmented eyeshadow and you're blown away by how vivacious the colour is? That was my exact reaction when I tried this body butter for the first time- I was getting everyone to smell me!
If you're a citrus lover, then this scent is for you! It's so absolutely perfect. Honestly, for me, this right here is the pinnacle of citrus scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

As a pink grapefruit scent-a-holic, this stuff is amazing & HG status to me. It moisturizes beautifully-- makes my skin feel great.

You really have to already love the smell of grapefruit to like this. My SO who absolutely despises grapefruit anything, told me this smells like cat piss. But then he says that about everything grapefruit scented that I have.

So citrus, grapefruit type scent haters beware, you will probably dislike this body butter. Bc of my SO's strong reaction to this, I don't ever wear it to work (I work in close proximity to patients at a hospital) but I have zero problem wearing it around him bc I love it that much lol.

If you're a grapefruit lover like me, this is a must buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I think this may be one of the only Body Shop butters I don't like much. The formula is great as with the others and this one is a tad lighter than my favorite Shea. The smell though. I don't know, it's just not something I could stand after I was finished with it.

I typically am not a huge citrus fan but I do like the pink grapefruit smells. This one just got on my nerves for some reason. Other than the scent, the product is great and does a good job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the link grapefruit shower gel. Its one of my favourite products. The body butter doesn't smell as strong or sweet though. Its not as rich as the other body butters either which is the highlight of the body shop body butters compared to other body butters (in england). Its nice and I like it And the range but I have got the pink grapefruit body spray and shower gel and got a raspberry body butter when I finished this one. I managed to get this in a 50g sample which was quite nice and obviously cheaper but the other ones are huge and take up a lot of room and I am not sure if the smaller version was as an introduction when it first came out. Prefer the shower gel.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Want to like this but its so overpowering, so strong and clashes with any other fragrance you might want to wear! Wont buy again that's for sure!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In the jar this smells great, but it really is a very strong scent in general. I love the smell of grapefruit, but I feel I can't use this body butter unless I'm gonna be busy or distracted to the point that I won't notice it. There is no way I can use this at night or any time where I will have my hands anywhere around my face because it just gives me a headache. It works in terms of a body butter, but the scent is just too strong for me. Glad I bought only the sample size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I love anything Grapefruit scented, this body butter is a great moisturizer and smells insanely wonderful. Some people say this ends up smelling like bad BO on them, but not every thing smells the same on every one. Definitely in my top 3 favorites from the body shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this product!! If you do not like the smell of grapefruit then don't buy this one because the smell is very prominent. The butter itself is a really pretty light pink colour, and moisturises really well. Overall a great product! I would definitely buy this again.