October 23, 2014 | 1547 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Pink Grapefruit Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

I am very surprised at how much I like this! It is much scrubbier than it looks. I use it all over my body, including my feet and it does a really good job. I have been noticing improvements in ingrown hairs and uneven skin. I feel very smooth and soft after using this. It does not feel painful when I use it, just perfect. My favourite part is the smell, it is soo nice. I love everything grapefruit though, so that might just be me. I have no complaints about this, it leaves my body very nice and it's not greasy. I will definitely buy it again during one of their sales. It is kind of expensive but the sales make me feel much better about buying this kind of stuff :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LauraAsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that this scrub smells very sweet and light! I'm a fruity scent kinda girl! ;) This is not the scrubbiest scrub I've ever used but it has a decent amount of grit. I use it with a foot file to get off all the rough spots. It makes my skin feel very smooth and soft. Considering I only paid $6 at Tjmaxx for this i am giving it 5 stars, i don't think I could pay full price for this, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by rankle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the scent but it did fade significantly with use. Still, quite a refreshing scrub, but not the best I have used. I have found others that I prefer so haven't continued to buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I love this stuff! I have a problem with getting small bumps on my upper arms no matter how hard I scrub with my regular body washes. I read somewhere that to get rid of the bumps, you need to ex foliate (which I was doing every so often). I guess the scrubs with the small sand-type scrubbers in them weren't strong enough. The first time that I tried this stuff on my arms, the little bumps disappeared almost completely! So I disagree with people who say that this scrub doesn't ex foliate. This is now my go-to scrub for my upper arms and other trouble spots! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in the 1.8oz size for $2 during the SemiAnnual Sale. This scrub is a relatively thin gel with a light grit that quickly dissolves with water and rubbing. It doesn't do much to exfoliate, and the scent, although strong and accurate, does not last on the skin. There is no residue after washing. This size typically goes for $10, which is crazy. I am not impressed enough to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by megglundrigan

I picked this up when the body scrubs and body butters were on for 2/$30 at the Body Shop a couple of weeks ago, and I must say that I'm not disappointed! I love the smell - it smells like real pink grapefruits, which is a great pick-me-up in the shower. Despite the strong scent I don't find it lasts too long after I get out of the shower, which isn't necessarily bad. I also love how grainy it is because it really feels like it's getting rid of dead skin.

However, I do find that it doesn't slough off ALL of my dry skin. My elbows remained pretty bumpy even after moisturizing after using this scrub. It did work well on my knees though, which is a plus. I've even found that helped to unclog some of the clogged pores on my back which was a welcome feature.

As this is a fairly expensive body scrub I don't know if I would buy it again. I'm sort of torn...I love the smell and it exfoliates pretty well, but I'm sure there's something out there that can do a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells so good it makes my mouth water! In life i hate grapefruit but i LOVE this scrub. It is the perfect morning wake up and it really does scrub away any rough skin. It is a little sloppy though so you have to be careful not to drop it all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by watergirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scrub retails for $20 but I got it for $10. Someone recommended it to me. The scent is divine - smells exactly like a fresh, juicy, pink grapefruit. I like the scrubbiness of this scrub. It works well without being too harsh or too gentle. I also like that the grains are not artificial plastic, because I read how those plasticky ones can be bad for the environment. The packaging is cute, as usual for TBS, but really a pain to use. By the time I want to scrub, my hands are wet. It's a bit challenging to scoop out just the right amount with my fingers, and then I get some water in the tub - not very practical. I really wish this was in a tube instead of a tub. That said, I would likely buy it again (on sale) because I love the scent and the product works well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by shellyparm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great wake me up in the morning!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I wanted to love this scrub! The scent is a very natural grapefruit scent that is zesty and envigorating. But the scrub itself leaves something to be desired. Although its not at all greasy, it also does not have enough umph in the scrub. You have to use lots of it for it to be even mildly useful. Its more like a body wash than a scrub. Love the scent but will not repurchase as it just doesn't get this job done.