December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Treatments - Yellow Buster Nail Bright

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AMAZING! It really does work! I had almost no faith that it would really work, but I figured I'd try it anyway since I was desperate. I keep my nails long, and even though now and then one breaks and has to re-grow, generally I have to trim them. I paint my nails a lot, and as a result, they're not the whitest nails in the world. My nails weren't severely yellowed, but they were discolored enough that I felt self-conscious going without polish. I tried all the usual tips: baking soda, peroxide, lemons, etc. and none of it helped. When an Ulta opened in my area last month, I saw this, and figured that since it was something I hadn't tried, I should give it a go. It was only $6.99 I think, so I was willing to try, even if it was useless. I was so pleasantly surprised to see a positive result. At first, I almost felt like my nails looked MORE yellow with this on, but I think it was just in my mind. Because of that, I spent the first week wearing it as a basecoat under nail colors. Then last week I wore just this polish, two coats. Every few days I would take it off then re-apply two coats. Just yesterday I realized what a difference it really has made, in just three weeks! Yesterday and today I wore cream-colored arm warmers, and my nails, for once, DON'T look yellow next to them! In the sunlight, they look quite white, I guess because of the UV properties adding a purplish tint. In false light, they look only ever-so-slightly off white, so I'm thrilled. I'll definitely keep using this, and can't wait to recommend it to others! Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by jess31570

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow. the last review was really from 2007? so anyway, i love my natural nails and i also love wearing mostly sheers with occasional brights or darks. you know what that means. there's some yellow there by now.

i think this product is now $9.99 at Ulta. I think it is good but don't use by itself, dries kind of rough.

i preceeded with 9 tabs of regular strength white Tums covered in about 2 inches hydrogen peroxide in a small 1/2 cup glass bowl.
then brushed with blue cross cuticle remover all over and underneath nail
then 1 coat of reviewed product Yellow Buster Nail Bright.
then 2 coats of Barielle Nail Brightener
then 2 coats Orly Magnifique

this is an awesome natural nail manicure. if you saw it you might not be able to look away, wondering how they could look so shiny, natural, clean...the only step i forgot was the Flowery Nail White Pencil to try to even out the variance in opacity near the corner edges of my free edges where it tends to get less solid looking / darker.

i'd buy this again because i believe it lent to whitening, and i love the sheers with natural nails very much.

update next morning: a tiny bit of paint peeling up at some corners/edges. nail tips look a little too natural in direct sun, still needing a painted white tip of some kind.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by chitown73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always use a base coat, usually OPI Nail Envy, so I'm not sure why the whites of my nails always seem so yellowish. So when I saw this product at Ulta for $3.99, I thought I would give it a try. I have tried using denture tabs to remove the yellowness, but that didn't work so well. But this product really delivered, even on the first application. Just to make sure I covered all areas, I also applied a coat underneath the tips of my nails, which I think helped. Then I applied a couple of coats of Revlon Colorstay in a sheer pink and with a top coat. You use this instead of a base coat. And after a week of wear, there are no chips or peeling, even though the Colorstay polish directs not to use a base coat! Fab! I really recommend this product!