October 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by susanv3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine naturally curly/frizzy hair that I blow dry and flat iron with every wash, I also color once per month--this product is amazing--it delivers what it promises. Never weighs down my fine, below shoulder locks; never stiff or producty feel in my hair-- just strong smooth results-- has definitely improved the condition of my hair. One of my must haves, can't be without.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I used this product religiously for a couple of years as recommended by my hairdresser. It left my hair in okay condition, but didn't appear to do anything miraculous. I ran out of it about 6 months ago and started using Elvive hair oil, for a fraction of the price instead. When I went to the hairdresser a few weeks ago, he was raving about the beautiful condition of my hair and how much better and healthier it was! I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'd stopped using this. I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is fantastic! My hair's fine, highlighted and in a bob and never really looked smooth or silky, especially in winter with all the rain and wind and despite having regular trims and using a good conditioner. This product changed my hair literally overnight, it's magic in a bottle! Not only does it make hair smooth and healthy but it still gives it body which most products for fine hair fail to do, plus of course it protects the hair against hair dryers etc. It's not cheap but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by reveriex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Got a sample size of this with my kerastase order. I did not like this as much as the Chroma thermique. The scent is not as good either. I will say neither chroma thermique nor this product was worth the price, as there is an Aveda counterpart that works slightly better for me and they are designed to be used the same way. Seeing as the Aveda is half the price, there is no debate. This is a product where you can save your money if you find there are other Kerastase products you love. For me, most Kerastase products have not been worth the price, however I still do use a couple. I recommend a sample size if you are curious or the chroma thermique over this product if you can't live without Kerastase (in which case I would question you on your brand snobbery ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by laurainorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Left my hair dry, coarse, puffy, extremely frizzy, and my ends looking ragged. This is not only ineffective, it is the most counter-productive hair product I have ever used.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by TrendyTina88

I really wanted to love this product. I have blonde, fine, color treated hair and it has been through the ringer. I knew that it needed some TLC so I tried the whole Resistance line together. For this product specifically my biggest issues were that you can easily do too much. You have to really start slow and build up how much you need. If you put too much it leaves the hair crispy and dry. I concentrated on the ends and thats where my hair was left mostly brittle. Also, you MUST heat style your hair with this product. You cant put it on damp hair and let it air dry or it leaves a film/crispyness. I hated that because sometimes I will shower and have plans to blow dry my hair, but change my mind and just let it air dry. You have to commit to a heat style.
All in all, I didn't hate the product, but it wasn't a miracle worker or anything for me. I would say other heat protectants work just as well and are a bit more flexible too.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sometimes when you catch yourself thinking "are these expensive habits really worth it?" I would have to admit...it is SO WORTH IT! I will work overtime for it! I thought it was a marketing push when i read mag endorsements and reviews online... it really is a tube of magic-potion for transformative luxuriousness to your hair! I use this along with Kerastase Elixir Ultime Moringa Immortel and it makes my hair look AH-MAZING! I cannot count the times that I would be talking to someone and a random co-worker (crossing fingers for clean hands) runs their fingers through my hair and tell me how healthy & nice it looks or even to say i look like a walking Pantene commercial! I don't even need to flat iron and it cuts my drying time by half! What more can a girl ask for when she gets to sleep in a bit more or have time to put on more makeup ;) I have used other kerastase products before and these two are my HGs! I can totally use any kind of shampoo/conditioner combination non-kerastase related (even drugstore) and it still makes my hair look like i go to the salon each time! So even if it is expensive.. i only splurge on these two products (it lasted me 6 months on very long hair) and save on shampoos/condioners on liter sales.. What I do is once i towel dry my hair with microfiber or blot with towels, i run a quarter sized amount through wet hair then a pump or two of the elixir, then blow-dry.. It makes a difference in the strength of my hair and I have lesser split ends to boot! Hey,even my hair stylist notices so it must be true!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

So far I have only used it once so It's obviously hard for me to say whether or not its helping with my split end prone hair, but the one time I did use it I blow dried my hair afterwards and it was smooth, silky, and healthy looking and feeling. I will be using this maybe every other wash since I'm worried about protein overload and i will alternate it with nectar thermique which I am in love with! One thing that I dislike is the packaging. A screw top....really? I think it should be in the same packaging as the nectar thermique, which is excellent.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by jenngjt

I really want to love Kerastase products (my stylists always recommend them) but after trying their conditioner (orange and green range), I've been disappointed. Despite that experience, I bought this hoping to use it to protect my hair from the daily blowdrying which sometimes leave my ends dry to touch.

I apply it on my wet hair before I blow dry, it smells great and is not too greasy, plus points I guess?

Unfortunately, I cannot say this has achieved any difference, and only brings me to conclude that Kerastase products (with the exception of Elixir Ultime which has a slight difference when on my hair) do not work for me.

In fact, I always forget to use this because it just doesn't seem to do anything different for my hair. My hair doesn't feel protected from the heat. I'll use it just so I don't waste the product.

One small pet peeve: it comes in a screw top as opposed to a flip-back cap.

hair type - Asian black hair, uncolored, medium coarseness, prone to flyaways, frizz due to humid + tropical climate.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by katelin_inline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

All my hair product I use Kerastase for 1 month. The result is all amazing .
My hair type : flat asian hair , re-dyed hair 3-4 times /year , no -volume , coarse and frisky due to iron hair roller

Ciment Thermique
This product is very good for protecting your hair before you heat it! And after I apply , I feel I find the product that's "actually" protect the hair from heat as they claimed that the milk cream will make a reaction with the heat to protect the hair from blow drier, iron curler, uv, pollution, whatever...etc plus this 's also claimed that they fulfill/coat the outer part of hair that previously damage . When I use after 1 month, my hair get more volume ( no flat hair anymore) . The more amazing part are ,after blow drier ,my hair look like I just get my hair done by a high quality salon and my hair is thicker , healthier after 1 month of usage.
I highly recommend this product for s.o. who has a chemical damage hair. I try many products ie. schwarzkopf , joico , they only help soften the damage hair but they don't "fix" the hairs . If you like your hair really soft , you should go for Joiko because this Ciment Thermique will not make it soft but make it thick , more volume, healthier.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No