July 31, 2014 | 1019 users online

Foundations - Merle Norman - Liquid foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by asiancd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first time trying MN and I absolutely love it.

I'm a guy who has an oily, shiny forehead, uneven coloring on my cheekbones with medium-sized pores, patchy skin color around my face and many moles on the sides of my face. I'm always looking for a good foundation that will help cover my skin flaws without looking like I'm wearing make-up.

I've tried Cover FX and I may have not put it on properly as I found it looked really cakey and un-natural. Then I tried Annabelle but found they only had four skin tones to choose from. I chose the darkest and it was a close match but still not exact. I also tried Cover Girl and was found it kind of thin and didn't provide much coverage.

After reading the reviews on MUA I decided to try visiting our local Merle Norman store.

The sale associate was really friendly and helpful. She had me take a seat and went about looking for the right product for my individual skin needs. She suggested Luxiva Flawless Effect Liquid Foundationn and I was really happy that she was able to find an exact match for my particular skin tone. This product has an SPF 15, is oil-free, non-comedogenic and un-scented.

I went home to try it and I really love it. It goes on soooo smooth and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any make-up. My pores look so much smaller and my skin looks really smooth and flawless. I love this stuff so much I have to be careful not to put too much on - it makes my skin look so creamy and smooth.

I was surprised how good this product is. I know Merle Norman has been around for a long time and I never thought about using their products...until now.

I gave it a 4 out of 5 for price as it does cost a little more than some of the cheaper drug store brands. But I could see where those extra $$ go when I tried this foundation.

Overall, a great foundation and I'll definitely buy it again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi - I beg to differ, but MN makeup is not outdated in my opinion. Look at the reviews for all their products on this MUA site, and you will see that they are very highly rated - almost all! It is just the stigma that they have been around a long time. They have the most up-to-date makeup that you an find anywhere, using the most glorious features of modern makeup - Anytime I go into the salon I find teenagers and young women there. Go and see for yourself - ask questions and look. No, I am not affiliated with MN - I just like !

Concerning this foundeation - it is the plain girl in the family who is really a glowing swan. This makeup is so heavenly that you don't even feel it is there; but, it makes your skin look so fresh. The colors are wonderful - the selection, that is. I love this makeup the liquid foundation spf 15. I put their mineral powder over lightly - and wow just enough glow to make you feel fresh! Hey - Mn has primers, changing skin creams, wrinkle smoothers. pearlescent illuninators to mix with your own makeup, dry skin creams, toners, brighteners, everything. Go see. Now, MN - I want yo to pay me for this review lol:) Yes, it is a bit pricey, but so is department store makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sincityshopper

Ok, so if you have read my other reviews you know I have had one heck of a time finding a foundation that doesn't irritate my skin. A friend recommended Merle Norman and my first thought was..WHAT? Isn't that makeup outdated? But no, I went to one of the Merle Norman stores here in Vegas and there was a very knowledgeable lady working who knew exactly what to recommend to me for my skin needs. This foundation was no exception. We tried a few colors and finally matched me to Soft Bisque. No burning, itching or oil and so far no breakouts. I will update if anything changes. Some people think this line is old or outdated and others think it's too pricey but I got a lot more makeup and skin care items for the price than I can at any counter at the mall. And this stuff is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by wannashine

This is a nice foundation. At first I tried the Luxiva Timeless based on MUA reviews but the "glowy" look they talked about just looked "greasy" on me and it started to break me out. So, I went to see if I could exchange it and the SA told me that the liquid makeup was really just an oil free version of Timeless so I got it. Its very natural looking-I found a perfect color for my skin tone. It doesn't have very good coverage-not enough to cover all of my old acne scars but has just enough to even out my skin tone very nicely which I prefer anyday over a cakey look even if that would cover all of the scars.. It does settle into my fine lines a little bit and I wish I made my skin "glow"-its a little flat- but still much better than other foundations I have tried and does not break me out which is a miricle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't like to write reviews too soon, but I had to. I have started to realize that Merle Norman (of all things) is becoming my first choice in foundation. After reading MUA reviews, last summer I tried out MN Lasting Foundation, topped with a swipe of their Ultra Powder Foundation. Rarely do I use something up, but the powder I did, and I'm almost out of the Lasting Foundation. I have started finding that here in Michigan in January, the Lasting Foundation is a little too drying. I dabbled, and tried out Clinique's Superbalanced. Yuck...went on well, but super shiny and oxidized horribly. So, returned it. Quest continued.....I went back to Merle Norman, and tried the Liquid Foundation. I mixed a little bit with my moisturizer to sort of create my own tinted moisturizer (even though they have one...it's $30, the Liquid Foundation is $17). Put my light smear of Ultra Powder over top and it's beautiful!!! Makeup is undetectable but coverage is there. So far, it's wearing wonderfully and very natural. Pores seem smaller. It's wonderful. So, now I have year round MN makeup. Who would have guessed this 38 year old makeup junkie would be pledging her loyalty to a (previously thought) antiquated brand. Go MN! EDIT: I have tried wearing this alone as my moisturizer has changed and it's not a good 'mixer' one necessarily. Regardless, stand alone, this doesn't wear very well at all. I prefer Mary Kay Medium Coverage or MN Lasting Foundation. This is off for swap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation; covers rosacea & dark circles perfectly; stays on all day & does not break me out; looks natural. Price really isn't an issue considering the cost of other Merle Norman foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Litlg2001

This product has both advantages and disadvantages which can lean either way depending on your skin type and complexion. I went to the boutique in the local mall skeptically, because I hadn't heard much about the line. However, I decided to give it a try. The MA's inside were very helpful and sociable. They really made me feel comfortable. They had me sit down, and perfectly matched a foundation.
The day after, I awoke as usual, and began to put my makeup on. I was amazed at the consistency and natural look on my skin! It was almost amazing! Then after going outside on my way to school/work... it looks completely natural! No lines, no streaks, just bare-looking flawless skin. And let me be the first to stree, lol, I do NOT have flawless skin. I am very acne prone, and have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. With a little concealer, it looked awesome. However, it is a little expensive... But overall, it's awesome!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2002 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Lacy

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Merle Norman is a pretty outdated makeup line in my opinion that is why I am not very excited about this foundation. It is a decent makeup but nothing to brag to Mom about....