October 2, 2014 | 1858 users online

Shampoo - Ojon - Detox Recovery Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by exoticrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

All clarifiers should work like Ojon's Full Detox Recovery Shampoo! It does an excellent job of removing excess oils and build-up without overdrying. This is the perfect balance - your hair will be clean, but not to the point where it's gone completely haywire and you need to re-coat it in all of the products you just spent the time trying to remove! ;)
A lot of people have commented about the scent. It's ... unique. It's not your standard fruity or floral shampoo smell, so I can see how it may take some getting used to. Personally, I like it! It's minty.
I'm using a more natural clarifying shampoo at the moment, and for this reason I would not repurchase, but perhaps I will in the future. It's a great product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by bells1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Product- I think this shampoo does a great job of removing all the buildup of products and minerals. It doesn't have the most attractive smell, but it doesn't bother me all that much. Packaging- The only thing I don't like is that the lid gets in the way when I go to dispense it.
Pricing- I think the only thing that would make me a little more happy with this product is a smaller price tag. It is a bit on the pricey side, but as I said, it does do what it says. I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by colorexpert2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SMELLS LIKE CRAP. I love my frederic fekkai apple cider rinse more, it smells like apples, and not like ass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 5:11:00 PM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I Love this product. I don't even mind the smell,it's odd but I don't think it smells a thing like tobacco or coffee though I think that other gunk they sell, the intensive restorative treatment does and IT smells like ass.

Anyway, I use this right before I get my hair highlited or every few weeks, I do a quick shampoo rinse with it, and then I lather it in really really well, get it all nice & massaged into a big sudsie glob, let it sit for a few mins, then rinse out very thoroughly , squeeze out as much water as I can & then either do a hair mask ( I like Neutrogenas) or a really awesome conditioner like Nanoworks, let THAT sit on there for a few mins and then rinse. My hair is always super amazing soft after and really shiny, however, it's not going to be a big volume hair day. It's too soft for lots of mega body. No big deal. I reap the benefits of the detox for weeks.

It's great stuff because it's nourishing to the scalp and hair, while it rids of all the build up. Squeaky clean. And like they said it preps the hair for treatments. I have noticed that my hair color "sticks" too & lasts longer in my hair.

I will continue to repurchase. Worth a try. Best Clarifying shampoo I've come accross other than ABBAS. (sp?)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by cup_cakes

This is a good product! I use it once every 2 weeks and it effectively removes any build-up in my hair. Best of all, it's also very moisturizing (which is rare for a clarifying shampoo), and does not leave my hair feeling dry/parched. Took one lippy off because I'm not a fan of the scent, but would nonetheless definitely repurchase!

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by chittychittybangbang

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This Cleanser is amazing. Before I go on- let me tell you this should be used once every week or two weeks. This stuff really really really detoxes the hair. I Used it for the first time after being out in the yard and my hair is already damaged and it's a mess (Please see my other reviews for other Ojon products) and I said I'm going to try this- and I did. I thought my hair was dry before! No this stuff took every particle out of my hair (sans the color) and left it very dry feeling. But there is no reason to panic!
This is how you use this stuff: You apply it in the hair- and it lathers REALLY REALLY REALLY well. Then you leave it on for about 1-5 minutes. (Just wash the rest of yourself- shave your legs etc you'll be fine) then you rinse out. Then you get out and curse Ojon for making such a product that will make your hair super dry and then you put in ANY product that will restore your hair- I used the Ojon restoritative treatment but I'm also going to use the Frederick Fekkai Protien Treatment with this. Then you put it in your hair, wait a few hours (Or however long you want to leave it in but most products do their best if its left in a few hours)- and wash it out.

This stuff basically helps get all the bad stuff out of the way so the good stuff can come in and "adhere" to the rest of the hair. This stuff is amazing. I think everyone should try it!
Now that being said- this stuff has a very heady earth scent. Very much like cigars, chocolate and coffee. If you don't like those scents- you won't like Ojon but the results are amazing. Just remember THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR EVERY DAY USEAGE (unless you swim).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No