December 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad - 32 Lavender Fields

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pretty disappointed with this eyeshadow. It didn't last long and 3 out of four of the shades hardly showed. The pigment and staying power was not good. I gave it 2 lippies only because at least the formula didn't crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by angelalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good basic for anyone who does not have a great deal of experience with eyeshadows. When I first started experimenting with different eyeshadows and blending different colours a few years ago, this was a helpful starter quad. It has a picture that clearly shows where the crease color goes, where the lid color goes, which is which, etc.
I don't use it so much anymore but I've found recently that this quad works pretty well with a shadow primer underneath. The colours are still a little on the sheer end but that makes it good for a subtle everyday look and the staying power is not bad (with primer).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by onarainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good quad. I have a couple other maybelline quads and this one isn't a favourite, but it's still great. I'm very pale, so the lightest colour shows up on my skin. The crease and outer corner colours are my favourites and are very pigmented. The others are very subtle. Wearing the shadows together creates a fantastic everyday look when done correctly. If you're heavy handed it might be a better evening look. Overall though, it makes my hazel eyes pop and I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetvictory23

Overall, I like this product, especially for the price. Even though the packaging is cheap and will probably break, I do like how they wrote in on the shadows where to apply it. And on the back it has a picture and it gives you instructions on how to get 4 different looks: subtle, casual, classic, and dramatic. I agree with the other user- my favorite colors in this set are the crease color and outer corner. The brow bone color is a good highlighter but they really could've done better on the lid color. it is a VERY sheer lavender, and you have to use a lot for it to even begin looking purple, so I am disappointed in that one. However, I love to use the other 3 together and I find that they blend well. It really brings out my green eyes. Oh the sponge applicators are cheap and crappy so don't even bother using those.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by nicenicebaby

I depend on this quad every day! It's so perfect and you make so many different looks with it, and it shows you how on the back! I love how the colors compliment each other perfectly! My fave shade in this quad is the crease color (a light-medium plumish taupe) and the outer corner color (a medium-dark taupe-ish purple)! It's so handy & convenient :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by eredred

Not good at all. Exact colors I wanted, but zero staying power and looks very light (see -thru) No pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by keahi

This is Maybelline's new formula and it is such an improvement on their old ExpertWear shadows. I personally think Maybelline should've taken this opportunity to update their packaging too as it is still extremely cheap looking and fragile--these break very easily--especially if you're toting these around in a m/u bag. This quad has the following shades: a baby pink browbone shade, a shimmery lavendar lid color, a mauvy-lavendar crease shade, and deep mauve/ burgundy color for the outer corners. Maybelline has imprinted the words "lid" and 'crease' etc. into the shadows to tell you where they're supposed to be placed.

These have surprisingly decent pigment compared to their old formula! Shadows glided on smoothly and were easy to blend. These aren't as great as some shadows available at the drugstore like Wn'W or NYX, but these are better than Revlon, Cover Girl, etc. With UDPP, these shadows stayed on all day and were even still pretty fresh looking in the morning when I fell asleep with my makeup on one night! Good reformulation & definitely worth checking out!