August 30, 2014 | 1697 users online

Toners - Laura Mercier - Perfecting Water - Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from a blog sale, not really knowing much about it. It was deeply discounted, being used a few times. Anyway, after unsuccessfully trying to swap it away, I decided to go ahead and try it. I've never been one to use toners or moisturizing waters and the like, but did occasionally read that it was good practice to regularly apply toner.

I have combination skin, my T-zone can morph into quite the oil slick during the hotter months, especially my forehead. I initially applied the Perfecting Water to my entire face because I figured the "Light" formula would be suitable for my combo skin. Wrong. Something about the residual texture of this stuff, my forehead progressively became stickier and oilier throughout the day. It was almost as though a thin film of something was agitating my pores all the more.

However, I will say that this stuff is decent for my cheeks and dry area around my mouth. As luck would have it, my dry spots become extremely parched during the winter months - sometimes to the point where the skin hardens, flakes, and/or tear. Sexy, I know. I noticed that with this past winter, the Perfecting Water used in conjunction with facial moisturizer (I teeter between a light sunscreen facial moisturizer and deep moisturizing night cream) has really minimized the extreme parched-ness I usually experience. Admittedly, this could possibly be because I've been more scrupulous recently because of the unpleasantness that comes with dry skin patches. I've always continued using the Perfecting Water year-round, but only on my dry spots. I squirt a small amount (what weird packaging) into my hands and splash it onto my face, let it dry, the top off with moisturizer. This application method, in lieu of the suggested cotton pad saturation method has really extended the life of this bottle. Which is good because its retail price is a bit much considering what it is. I don't think I will repurchase - once I deplete this, however many months, maybe years from now, I'll likely purchase a drugstore toner that will accomplish the same task and outcome.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was definitely not the product for me...it broke me out kind of bad, I haven't suffered this kind of breakouts in a long time. I think it was just a bit too heavy for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by RubyRose99

I tried this product after hearing rave reviews everywhere, to use under my serum/moisturizer. I found that however much it seemed to brighten/tighten some areas of by face, i broke out in a rash. It's a pity,because you could see the benefit to the 'less sensitive' parts of my combination skin. for now, i'm just using this around once a week under facial masks.
another problem was the packaging. i quickly ignored the directions on the bottle, to saturate a cotton ball and apply this to the face, i felt that the majority of the product was wasted on the cotton ball. instead, i just pumped it onto my hands and used them. it would have worked better with a spray, so that it could be put directly onto the skin.
pity about my sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like some of the others, I rec'd a generous trial size of this toner in a GWP. I found it to have a slight "chemical" smell to it, and I also found that a few days use resulted in small bumps on my cheeks that disappeared once I stopped using this stuff. "Water" may be the first ingredient, but there's a whole lotta "chem lab" in this toner. Sensitive skin MUAers beware...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dreamer0105

Great toner. It doesn't sting or tighten my skin. Perfect for my combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

I got a small bottle as a gift in a goodie bag and I had to go out and buy it! it's so light and doesn't make your skin feel tight and constricted. i've used it for about a month or so and my skin just soaks it up and loves every drop of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

This is a great product for me. I have the unfortunate problem of having VERY combination skin, with patches that are oily, and patches that are very dry. When I put foundation or powder on, it sometimes makes the dry patches on my face look really flaky. I use this after I put on my makeup (which isn't really the way you're supposed to use it, I don't think) with a cotton round, and just dab it gently over the dry areas. The flakiness goes away, and it doesn't take the makeup off (just pat it though, don't wipe). It makes my face look so much healthier and fresh! I'd recommend trying it over makeup if you have simmilar problems with dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by babiiwawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best toners I've used so far. very hydrating leaving my skin smooth and soft. I've noticed that it also makes my following moisturizer absorb faster too. magical. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by jessih3

I bought this along with the Oil Free Gel Cleanser, thinking that the two would work better together. I have 'normal' skin with occasional break-outs and very little oiliness. I used this as directed, applying it with a cotton pad after I washed my face. This made my face sooooo oily. Especially under my makeup, my face was like an oil slick. Even at night, my face felt greasy. Yuck! Back to Sephora it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow. This product made such a different to my winter skin. It moisturizes and controls the oil off my face. After I apply it for couple of hours, my skin look velvety soft and dewy. Use this in combination with LM mineral powder is simply amazing. Very natural and beautiful. I only use a cotton pad at night to wipe off dirt and then follow by one more squirt in the palm to apply directly to face. In the morning, i also apply directly to face (coz there's no dirt to wipe off). I take one lippie because i need to see the result in long term as it's been just a week! Will continue to use.