July 28, 2014 | 1294 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by alyssamspencer

I'm surprised that this product doesn't have better reviews, as it is one of my favorite eyeliners. It lasts all day without smudging, however I don't use eyeliner on my water line so that may be why others are having a problem with it. It looks good on its own, and sometimes I like applying it with liquid liner for a night look. The only problem is it is very soft so it needs to be sharpened often and runs out quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My contact wearing eyes tend to get irritated from creamy, richly pigmented, black liners on my water line. They never seem to set and bleed into my eyes throughout the day. I do not have that problem with this liner. While it doesn't apply as buttery and smooth as other liners, it sets down and stays put on my water line without irritating my eyes. I would say this is my HG liner for water line, but it does tend to skip a little when applying more than one layer. It also is not the darkest, richest black.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to use this on my tightline and waterline for a dramatic look. I used to wear this as my all over eyeliner but it would rub off on my upper lids before I could blink, and i would spend the rest of the day with a heavy black line where it wasn't supposed to be. This pencil applied smoothly, didn't have problems smoking it out or creating a smudgy look. I like how black it is, very well pigmented. I wear contacts to when I tightline it always feels as though there is something in my eye, but that happens no matter which eyeliner I am using. I may repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years, I've had issues with eyeliners irritating my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes and even the most expensive eyeliners would cause irritation (red, itchy and watery). I walked into Sephora and purchased the MUFE aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner and I'm so glad I did. I can now finally apply eyeliner very close to my lash line with out any irritation. Even with my oily lids, this eyeliner last all day with no smudging or smearing. It does fade a little by the end of the day, but, that is usually after 8+ hrs of wear. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tested the wear of all the black eyeliners I own and this one stacked up against the others fairly well. This isn't the blackest, but it is sufficient.

Within 30 minutes, I noticed some fading at the outer corner (not sure if my eyes were just particularly watery that day). There was some transfer from my upper waterline to my lower, but nowhere near as awful as with Milani Liquif'eye or UD 24/7.

After 6 hours of wear, I would estimate that it looked a little faded.

As far as longevity of pencil eyeliners go, this is the best I have found so far. Not amazing, but it works for the days I am too lazy to bother with gel eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: none
Cons: expensive, very dry to apply on lash line or anywhere, hard to sharpen even after putting it in freezer for a couple of minutes, bad colour pay off...
Any much cheaper brand is miles better..I love their gel eyeliner, was my first gel one and was really good quality. Disappointing product 100%. Thought mine could be a bad one or old but I think more people had same problems with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by angiecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this! The only reason I gave this any stars is because yes it lives up to the brand name. It does stay on longer than any other pencil eyeliner I've tried. Cons: terrible application on skin-rough to put on, you half to press hard and practically tug at the lash line. Does not go on smooth. Only good for UPPER waterline application. Sharpens horribly - constantly breaks and considering the amount this costs it should last considerably longer. I gave it two chances because i thought I might have gotten a bad batch and I heard it stays on forever but even the second one I bought constantly broke and applied horribly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I will start off by saying this eyeliner is NOT good to use on the upper lid (on actual skin) because it's not very pigmented, AT ALL....& because of this, it will be hard to get it to "glide" across the upper lid. Having said that, this eyeliner is one of the best I have ever came across for use on the waterline...which is just about the only eye area this will work on. This stays put on my waterline longer than anything else I've ever used, doesn't smear, & doesn't irritate my eyes (& I've used A LOT, Urban Decay's 24/7 liners included). Urban Decay 24/7's are way more pigmented & will do great on the upper lid, but suck on the waterline. So, this isn't anything close to a deep black....but the formula works amazing on the waterline for some reason. Only reason I gave this 4 stars is because this works for what I use it for, which is only on my waterline. So, very understandable why so many people would be dissapointed...because you WILL be dissapointed if you use this on the upper lid. Be warned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm very unimpressed with this liner. Both the color and staying power are done so much better by so many brands. Even drugstore brands. UD, NYX, Milani, and Rimmel all do eyeliners that blow this one out of the water, just to name a few.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super oily skin and droopy eyelids with lots of folds, so eyeliner NEVER stays on me. Ever. And if it's the summer you can forget it. I've tried gel, pencil layered with powder, liquid, etc and nothing lasts more than a few hours.

Despite its waterproof claims this liner only stayed on me for about 3 hours. I even tried wearing it layered with shadow and/or a primer such as MAC paint pots and that still wouldn't work.

Also, It looks very black but when you put it on it's definitely a soft black. Really more of a dark gray. I kept layering it to get it darker but nothing helped. If you're looking for that dark kohl color that I love for night this won't do it :(