Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 1/25/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Staying power is ok. Not the best I've tried. This is the first eyeliner that has made my eyes feel like there was sand in my eyes. Tried it twice to make sure...the second time felt like someone kicked sand in my eyes within 2 hours after application. This has never happened before. Returned it and got my $26 back.

on 1/10/2015 6:35:00 PM

HG eyeliner!!!

This is hands down the best eyeliner I've ever used for my waterline. For the longest time I've struggled to find an eyeliner that wouldn't smudge up under my eyes given that my eyes are extremely watery and sensitive. The first day I wore is I was out shopping in the cold air and it did not budge, it even lasted through me crying. Getting it off requires a good makeup remover or baby oil but that just goes to show how great it's lasting power is. I will happily pay the twenty dollars for this liner over and over again. The urban decay 24/7 did not work for me at all whatsoever so if you have watery sensitive eyes this is definitely the way to go.

My HG eyeliner for my top and bottom waterline!

Long-lasting without any color fade.
Easy to blend (with a shadow-pencil brush)
Doesn't bleed or smudge when used on the top and bottom waterline unlike most pencils

I'm impressed with this pencil. The packaging is fine and definitely a re-purchase for me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! Most definitely HG product, It goes on easily, doesn't smudge and stays on ALL day! I have nothing negative to say about this eyeliner.

on 8/2/2014 11:44:00 AM

I purchased 3 waterproof eyeliners to test before a beach trip: MUFE Aqua Eyes, Urban Decay 24/7, and Sephora brand. I much preferred the Make up Forever pencil to the other two.

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup (no shadow) but I have to tightline my upper and lower lashes or I look bald. So what I'm going for with eyeliner is a somewhat natural and unobtrusive look. The MUFE pencil gave me a crisp, thin, natural line. (For more artistic people, the UD 24/7 is probably good, but it was too creamy, thick, pigmented for me and resulted in kind of a slutty teen look. The Sephora pencil was no better or more waterproof than drugstore liner.)

I found the MUFE pencil to have good pigment, crisp line, and to be really and truly waterproof. This is my new HG.

I'm surprised that this product doesn't have better reviews, as it is one of my favorite eyeliners. It lasts all day without smudging, however I don't use eyeliner on my water line so that may be why others are having a problem with it. It looks good on its own, and sometimes I like applying it with liquid liner for a night look. The only problem is it is very soft so it needs to be sharpened often and runs out quickly.

on 4/11/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My contact wearing eyes tend to get irritated from creamy, richly pigmented, black liners on my water line. They never seem to set and bleed into my eyes throughout the day. I do not have that problem with this liner. While it doesn't apply as buttery and smooth as other liners, it sets down and stays put on my water line without irritating my eyes. I would say this is my HG liner for water line, but it does tend to skip a little when applying more than one layer. It also is not the darkest, richest black.

on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like to use this on my tightline and waterline for a dramatic look. I used to wear this as my all over eyeliner but it would rub off on my upper lids before I could blink, and i would spend the rest of the day with a heavy black line where it wasn't supposed to be. This pencil applied smoothly, didn't have problems smoking it out or creating a smudgy look. I like how black it is, very well pigmented. I wear contacts to when I tightline it always feels as though there is something in my eye, but that happens no matter which eyeliner I am using. I may repurchase when I run out.

on 3/13/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

For years, I've had issues with eyeliners irritating my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes and even the most expensive eyeliners would cause irritation (red, itchy and watery). I walked into Sephora and purchased the MUFE aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner and I'm so glad I did. I can now finally apply eyeliner very close to my lash line with out any irritation. Even with my oily lids, this eyeliner last all day with no smudging or smearing. It does fade a little by the end of the day, but, that is usually after 8+ hrs of wear. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

on 2/15/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tested the wear of all the black eyeliners I own and this one stacked up against the others fairly well. This isn't the blackest, but it is sufficient.

Within 30 minutes, I noticed some fading at the outer corner (not sure if my eyes were just particularly watery that day). There was some transfer from my upper waterline to my lower, but nowhere near as awful as with Milani Liquif'eye or UD 24/7.

After 6 hours of wear, I would estimate that it looked a little faded.

As far as longevity of pencil eyeliners go, this is the best I have found so far. Not amazing, but it works for the days I am too lazy to bother with gel eyeliner.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products