Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 7/22/2015 5:53:00 AM

I actually purchased a MUFE set which contained a trial size version of this eyeliner and it's great. I use it on my waterline and it's extremely creamy, long wearing and pigmented. I expected nothing less since Make Up For Ever make excellent products. I fully intend on purchasing the full size and I think this will be my go-to black pencil eyeliner from now on :). Highly recommend

on 7/10/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wings!!!! This pencil will smudge if you have oily skin (lids) on the waterline. But this is amazing coz I can make wings with it!!! The only pencil I have I can make decent wings w & can sharpen the edge of the wing w MUFE Aqua liquid eyeliner on the very edge but normally not necessary. I'm not the greatest w wings & I was just trying to figure out what to do w this coz it smears on my waterline. Wings!!!! So if u like to make wings but mess them up try this pencil. It does however stay on reasonably long for a pencil. Liquid eyeliners & gel I have better luck with but for me the search for the perfect pencil continues but this is one of my HG pencils. It applies so creamy & smooth no tugging & not garish black "Mat Black" is an apt description & it does not fade to grey, it stays true matte black. I had some of it under my eyes when I did my waterline sometimes (or directly under my waterline) after getting sweaty/oily a hot mess like I usually am after being in my makeup all day (I melt!!). It was easily fixable w a Kleenex if I hadn't been going to bed if I was gonna try to salvage my makeup it would be fixable but u would need to bring the pencil & its sharpener in ur bag. YES you read that right you need a MUFE pencil sharpener for this pencil! It's coz it's that black plastic stuff instead of wooden. but nobody likes it when their pencil gets chewed up! I could probably maybe (?) make an NYC 921 or wnw 99ยข pencil work basically black is black! But this is a luxury item at $19. I don't plan to buy any other colors at this time coz I wear black eyeliner most of the time (got some different UD Nakeds liners en route! UD 24/7 vs. MUFE??). I will totally rebuy this once it is gone, it's worth it to me. It lasts longer than NYC/wnw ESP when I'm yawning or allergies acting up. HG material on the top, no thanks on waterline but I'm still playing w it.

on 1/25/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Staying power is ok. Not the best I've tried. This is the first eyeliner that has made my eyes feel like there was sand in my eyes. Tried it twice to make sure...the second time felt like someone kicked sand in my eyes within 2 hours after application. This has never happened before. Returned it and got my $26 back.

on 1/10/2015 6:35:00 PM

HG eyeliner!!!

This is hands down the best eyeliner I've ever used for my waterline. For the longest time I've struggled to find an eyeliner that wouldn't smudge up under my eyes given that my eyes are extremely watery and sensitive. The first day I wore is I was out shopping in the cold air and it did not budge, it even lasted through me crying. Getting it off requires a good makeup remover or baby oil but that just goes to show how great it's lasting power is. I will happily pay the twenty dollars for this liner over and over again. The urban decay 24/7 did not work for me at all whatsoever so if you have watery sensitive eyes this is definitely the way to go.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

My HG eyeliner for my top and bottom waterline!

Long-lasting without any color fade.
Easy to blend (with a shadow-pencil brush)
Doesn't bleed or smudge when used on the top and bottom waterline unlike most pencils

I'm impressed with this pencil. The packaging is fine and definitely a re-purchase for me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! Most definitely HG product, It goes on easily, doesn't smudge and stays on ALL day! I have nothing negative to say about this eyeliner.

on 8/2/2014 11:44:00 AM

I purchased 3 waterproof eyeliners to test before a beach trip: MUFE Aqua Eyes, Urban Decay 24/7, and Sephora brand. I much preferred the Make up Forever pencil to the other two.

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup (no shadow) but I have to tightline my upper and lower lashes or I look bald. So what I'm going for with eyeliner is a somewhat natural and unobtrusive look. The MUFE pencil gave me a crisp, thin, natural line. (For more artistic people, the UD 24/7 is probably good, but it was too creamy, thick, pigmented for me and resulted in kind of a slutty teen look. The Sephora pencil was no better or more waterproof than drugstore liner.)

I found the MUFE pencil to have good pigment, crisp line, and to be really and truly waterproof. This is my new HG.

I'm surprised that this product doesn't have better reviews, as it is one of my favorite eyeliners. It lasts all day without smudging, however I don't use eyeliner on my water line so that may be why others are having a problem with it. It looks good on its own, and sometimes I like applying it with liquid liner for a night look. The only problem is it is very soft so it needs to be sharpened often and runs out quickly.

on 4/11/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My contact wearing eyes tend to get irritated from creamy, richly pigmented, black liners on my water line. They never seem to set and bleed into my eyes throughout the day. I do not have that problem with this liner. While it doesn't apply as buttery and smooth as other liners, it sets down and stays put on my water line without irritating my eyes. I would say this is my HG liner for water line, but it does tend to skip a little when applying more than one layer. It also is not the darkest, richest black.

on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like to use this on my tightline and waterline for a dramatic look. I used to wear this as my all over eyeliner but it would rub off on my upper lids before I could blink, and i would spend the rest of the day with a heavy black line where it wasn't supposed to be. This pencil applied smoothly, didn't have problems smoking it out or creating a smudgy look. I like how black it is, very well pigmented. I wear contacts to when I tightline it always feels as though there is something in my eye, but that happens no matter which eyeliner I am using. I may repurchase when I run out.