October 20, 2014 | 1549 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

My HG eyeliner for my top and bottom waterline!

Long-lasting without any color fade.
Easy to blend (with a shadow-pencil brush)
Doesn't bleed or smudge when used on the top and bottom waterline unlike most pencils

I'm impressed with this pencil. The packaging is fine and definitely a re-purchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by maryanngomez88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! Most definitely HG product, It goes on easily, doesn't smudge and stays on ALL day! I have nothing negative to say about this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sarahty9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased 3 waterproof eyeliners to test before a beach trip: MUFE Aqua Eyes, Urban Decay 24/7, and Sephora brand. I much preferred the Make up Forever pencil to the other two.

I don't wear a lot of eye makeup (no shadow) but I have to tightline my upper and lower lashes or I look bald. So what I'm going for with eyeliner is a somewhat natural and unobtrusive look. The MUFE pencil gave me a crisp, thin, natural line. (For more artistic people, the UD 24/7 is probably good, but it was too creamy, thick, pigmented for me and resulted in kind of a slutty teen look. The Sephora pencil was no better or more waterproof than drugstore liner.)

I found the MUFE pencil to have good pigment, crisp line, and to be really and truly waterproof. This is my new HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by alyssamspencer

I'm surprised that this product doesn't have better reviews, as it is one of my favorite eyeliners. It lasts all day without smudging, however I don't use eyeliner on my water line so that may be why others are having a problem with it. It looks good on its own, and sometimes I like applying it with liquid liner for a night look. The only problem is it is very soft so it needs to be sharpened often and runs out quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My contact wearing eyes tend to get irritated from creamy, richly pigmented, black liners on my water line. They never seem to set and bleed into my eyes throughout the day. I do not have that problem with this liner. While it doesn't apply as buttery and smooth as other liners, it sets down and stays put on my water line without irritating my eyes. I would say this is my HG liner for water line, but it does tend to skip a little when applying more than one layer. It also is not the darkest, richest black.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to use this on my tightline and waterline for a dramatic look. I used to wear this as my all over eyeliner but it would rub off on my upper lids before I could blink, and i would spend the rest of the day with a heavy black line where it wasn't supposed to be. This pencil applied smoothly, didn't have problems smoking it out or creating a smudgy look. I like how black it is, very well pigmented. I wear contacts to when I tightline it always feels as though there is something in my eye, but that happens no matter which eyeliner I am using. I may repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years, I've had issues with eyeliners irritating my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes and even the most expensive eyeliners would cause irritation (red, itchy and watery). I walked into Sephora and purchased the MUFE aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner and I'm so glad I did. I can now finally apply eyeliner very close to my lash line with out any irritation. Even with my oily lids, this eyeliner last all day with no smudging or smearing. It does fade a little by the end of the day, but, that is usually after 8+ hrs of wear. I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tested the wear of all the black eyeliners I own and this one stacked up against the others fairly well. This isn't the blackest, but it is sufficient.

Within 30 minutes, I noticed some fading at the outer corner (not sure if my eyes were just particularly watery that day). There was some transfer from my upper waterline to my lower, but nowhere near as awful as with Milani Liquif'eye or UD 24/7.

After 6 hours of wear, I would estimate that it looked a little faded.

As far as longevity of pencil eyeliners go, this is the best I have found so far. Not amazing, but it works for the days I am too lazy to bother with gel eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: none
Cons: expensive, very dry to apply on lash line or anywhere, hard to sharpen even after putting it in freezer for a couple of minutes, bad colour pay off...
Any much cheaper brand is miles better..I love their gel eyeliner, was my first gel one and was really good quality. Disappointing product 100%. Thought mine could be a bad one or old but I think more people had same problems with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by angiecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this! The only reason I gave this any stars is because yes it lives up to the brand name. It does stay on longer than any other pencil eyeliner I've tried. Cons: terrible application on skin-rough to put on, you half to press hard and practically tug at the lash line. Does not go on smooth. Only good for UPPER waterline application. Sharpens horribly - constantly breaks and considering the amount this costs it should last considerably longer. I gave it two chances because i thought I might have gotten a bad batch and I heard it stays on forever but even the second one I bought constantly broke and applied horribly.