L'Occitane Green Tea shower gel

3.7

on 10/23/2013 7:20:00 PM

My favourite bath for fall/winter. It's so nice to slowly plunge into after walking in from the cold. Slightly floral, yet tart with a hint of citrus. Camellia sinensis leaf extract (INCI for green tea) is the seventh ingredient in, right before the other perfume notes. I very much like this take on the green tea scent. It is very unisex, and that may be the biggest appeal, that it can offend neither.
The bottle design is crisp with regal shoulders and the label is typically stunning. However, the front panel, if squeezed too hard, I am afraid may crack. This is a flaw the brand has overlooked with the cleaner corners. Nevertheless it is a gorgeous design.
As for performance, this formula has given me the most notable tub ring out of all shower gels, soaps and scrubs. There you have it, that is how well it cleans. And no, it does not dry your skin out.

on 9/19/2011 9:52:00 PM

This was perfect for the gym--it did double duty as shampoo and it always left me smelling so clean and fresh. Sadly, it appears L'Occitaine has discontinued it.

on 2/7/2011 2:15:00 AM

The fragrance on this is awesome It smell like lemon and the last note is a green tea smell. it last for hours just yummy Its nice and light not drying at all. It is a little pricey like all Loccitaine products

on 12/14/2008 7:29:00 AM

What a great way to start your day! This is perfect for the quick pick-me-up morning shower, not only b/c it smells so uplifting, but b/c it's an awesome multi-tasker (body & hair wash...well, actually most body washes can be used as hair washes, but that's totally OT). They don't have a matching conditioner (YET), so I just use a leave-in (my Hamadi!) and I'm ready to go! It's totally gender-neutral; if you share your space with a guy, buy a stock of this (or hide it) b/c once they try it, they'll be hooked too.

on 4/24/2007 1:27:00 PM

For a $20 shower gel, I expected a whole lot more than what I got. The scent is nice - no problem there. But, the gel hardly lathers at all. I mean, not more than a few bubbles. At first, I just tried a small amount like you normally use with bath gel, but I ended up having to put more on my bath poof two more times before I got any lather at all. Since this is expensive, I wasn't too pleased about having to use 1/4 of the already small bottle to get any suds. I've never tried any other L'Occitane gels, so I don't know if this is how they all are...but I'm definitely not going to waste any more money to find out.

on 3/30/2007 12:56:00 PM

OK, first things first: this does not contain any green tea. It doesn't smell like green tea either, although there is a kind of fresh, astringent "tea-like" note in there. The smell is pleasant and fresh though a little perfumey for my liking. It's fine, and I wouldn't mind using this in the summer because of the refreshing scent, but I probably wouldn't buy it again. The ingredients aren't anything to write home about, especially considering how basic they are (fragrance is 5th on the list and any natural extracts are last.) INGREDIENTS: Water * Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate * TEA-Lauryl Sulfate * Laureth-2 * Parfum * PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate * PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone * Sodium Chloride * Coco-Glucoside * Glyceryl Oleate * PPG-26-Buteth-26 * PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil * Hexyl Cinnamal * Ethylhexylmethoxyxinnamate/Octinoxate * Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane/Avobenzone * Limonene * Linalool * Citral * Geraniol * Citronellol * Camelia Sinensis Leaf Extract * Methyl Chloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone.