July 22, 2014 | 1893 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Net Surfing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Net Surfing looks really purple in the container but on me it is really a rusty tone and if I really layer it, there is a green sheen to it. I was hoping for a purple color, this doesnt look that great on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I like this shadow. I see that most everyday minerals eyeshadows aren't that great. I can't explain it. When I put it on, even with a primer, I can rub them in and it leaves a weird chalky film of the base color but the shimmer and rest of the eyeshadow doesn't stick to it. If you've used a cheap eyeshadow before, you'd probably understand.
I like this color. I'm not much of an eyeshadow girl, more of an eyeliner girl but this stuff is nice on the bottom eyelashes as an eyeliner. It reminds me of a fuschia mixed with a royal purple. It's really nice. It feels soft and creamy unlike other everyday minerals eyeshadows I've come across.
Apart from that, these are affordable eyeshadows. Not much to lose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color. I wear it on the crease and as liner with Veranda. It's a shimmery true purple!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Rhizza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bougth this in the small sample size, with a little sifter on the inside. Unfortunately quite a bit of product has come out of the sifter, so I have to be very careful when opening it! It took me a while to get the hang of applying this, you definetly can't just brush it onto a bare lid! I'm pleases to say that this shimmery purple shade is absolutely beautiful when layered over a cream shadow - I've used it all over my lid, and have also used it as a crease color - it's beautiful, and cheap as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by JustME83

I bought this together with Mystic Night. I my opinion this eyeshadow is quite matte, maybe with a little bit of shimmer. Itīs a dark purple shade. I like Mystic Night more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by kelbot

I love this eyeshadow. It's a beautiful warm-toned violet, and it looks just gorgeous with my green eyes. Works great as an eyeliner or a crease color. I thought it might be too bright and sparkly when I ordered it, but it's actually pretty versatile. I could wear this as an eyeliner to work and get away with it; or I could build the color up for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Heather0kay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is EM's warmest plumby purple; I use it in the crease with well-being liner......my favorite EM purples!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a mini shadow of Net Surfing to go with my samples order (I still hadn't got the shade right by #3 and was feeling guilty), and I'm so glad I did! The EM site describes Net Surfing as "A violet and hidden red sparkle highlights", which makes little grammatical sense. In the jar, the shadow looks like a warm medium purple (a bit plummy in colour). The pic on the site is close but it's more ruddy-toned in person.

When I put the shadow on, it applied very smoothly. On me, it looks like a gorgeous medium mauve. As I was putting it on, I was thinking that it would be a perfect shade for doing a purple smokey eye! After applying it, though, it looks like it would work best as the intermediate shade for that. It's definitely a shadow you can wear on its own; you can layer it to make it somewhat deeper in colour. I don't find this shade particularly deep and think it would make a great everyday shade. I really like the colour - it's great for my brown eyes! - so I think this may become an HG for me... too bad (since it comes in a 2.5g jar with a sifter) you can't take it anywhere tho!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh I just had to write a review here and raise the rating of this eye shadow a little bit! It's one of my favourite shadows, but I realize these things are just a matter of personal preference, I personally prefer dark eye shadows and don't like pale, washed-out, light or pastel ones, and since I also have medium skin tones light shadows just don't show up on me :-( what a drag! Also my favourite eye colours are browns and purples so this shadow is just right up my alley! Like I said one of my faves.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by swinechimp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Jury is still out on Net Surfing. I was slightly disappointed in the color, which was supposed to be violet with red sparkle (according to the website), but is actually much darker. I would say that it is only slightly lighter than mystic night. Oddly enough, the color seems to disappear after a while; a problem that I have not had with any of EM's other shadows.